hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by allezsauzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm pretty sure we were unbeaten in Butcher's first 8 games too

There is a world of difference between the two of them though. I was gutted to see Lenny go, but I couldn't have been more impressed with Hecky so far. Seems to get all of his ideas drummed into the players on the training ground as they all look as though they are confident in what their role is without him barking at them.
    I wish you hadn't reminded me of this. Yep, Butcher won 4 & drew 3 of his 1st 8 games in charge. Unfortunately he then only won 1 of his next 17 games, losing 12! In fact, a 2-1 win over Ross C was the only game he won after the new year game versus them until the 1st play off game. An astonishingly bad record. The only thing which consoles me about TB is that his record was so sh*t he had to be sacked, which ultimately lead to the greatest football day of our lives.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    The loss to Raith in the cup was the start of a downward spiral
    100% what i have always thought too I remember being baffled at the team selection that day and thinking after the game we could be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by allezsauzee View Post
    you are correct. we lost 1-0 at Celtic in the first 8. However the point I was making that although Butcher also made a pretty decent start in his first 8 league games, I believe that there is a lot more substance to what Hecky is doing. Butcher got a new manager bounce and changed our style to be more direct which probably foxed opposition for a few games.
    Sorry was just me being a tad pedantic!

Quote Originally Posted by leither17 View Post
    100% what i have always thought too I remember being baffled at the team selection that day and thinking after the game we could be in trouble
    I think the Dundee Utd game was the turning point. We were 2-0 up and lost 2 in the last few mins. Seemingly TB then did his bit for employee relations in the dressing room, told individuals they were finished at Hibs and the rest is history.

Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    I think the Dundee Utd game was the turning point. We were 2-0 up and lost 2 in the last few mins. Seemingly TB then did his bit for employee relations in the dressing room, told individuals they were finished at Hibs and the rest is history.
    I remember that game. Ben Williams was lucky not to see red for hauling GMS down but GMS had been marginally offside. Soon as we conceded the first we looked terrified. Wed been fantastic up to that point.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Correct in all respects, we need to enjoy him while we have him.
    He's only been in the door 2 months.

@hibs.net private member Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    I thought it was the St Mirren game that did that? Half time 0-3, finished 2-3, Butcher want mental and told everyone they were **** both publically and privately and that was that.

The United game was a couple weeks before. Went 2-0 up via a Liam Craig double the week after winning the derby and looked extremely impressive. If we'd held on to that lead I'm convinced we wouldn't have been relegated.