Coaching Staff
    Did they concentrate on his time at Leeds 😁

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did they concentrate on his time at Leeds 😁
    😁

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I have to say, it's quite refreshing having a manager to whom TalkSport/SSN can't ask 1,527,734 questions about Celtic.

All about hibs thank goodness good interview by Luke Shanley every time I listen to the new manager I am more and more impressed he talks well and puts emphasis on hard work on training ground to his recent success we really I think have found a gem in this guy and would encourage all hibbys to renew or purchase season tickets again to back him to the hilt can’t wait to see which players he brings in so looking forward to next season already “Heckys at the wheel “ Ggtth

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    I have to say, it's quite refreshing having a manager to whom TalkSport/SSN can't ask 1,527,734 questions about Celtic.
    Would love it if he was asked and he done a Malonga 😂

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garymcl View Post
    All about hibs thank goodness good interview by Luke Shanley every time I listen to the new manager I am more and more impressed he talks well and puts emphasis on hard work on training ground to his recent success we really I think have found a gem in this guy and would encourage all hibbys to renew or purchase season tickets again to back him to the hilt can’t wait to see which players he brings in so looking forward to next season already “Heckys at the wheel “ Ggtth
    Yep. Let the good times roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Garymcl View Post
    Isn't the recruitment team just going to be the same as the last couple of years?

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Isn't the recruitment team just going to be the same as the last couple of years?
    Yes, but it's the manager who request different types of players for specific roles. He'll also make his own suggestions re players to look at.

Aye but he still decides who we actually sign and it’ll be interesting to see if he favours a different type of player to Lennon.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    The manager is part of the recruitment team.

Must admit to not being excited when he came in, but week after week he grows on me. It feels like he is a guy who can get a group of individuals and make them into a team. A good string of results in this last 5 might see STs remain steady, when only a few months ago it looked like sales would plummet.

Left by mutual consent!
    I think we will see a few gems from down south. Like Lennon took any player told to. Probably why Flo’ was forced on trial before on loan to prove himself.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    If you look at the managerial profile outside of Scotland and the sort of job that they could get elsewhere if they had wanted, Heckingbottom is every bit a coup as the last manager. He says he turned down a number of jobs and before Leeds had been touted as a potential future EPL manager.

The more I think about it (and I was excited about Appleton so felt a little disappointed) the more I think it’s a fantastic appointment for not only what he brings to the club but also shows how good we are off the pitch that he chose to kick start his managerial career with us.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    If you look at the managerial profile outside of Scotland and the sort of job that they could get elsewhere if they had wanted, Heckingbottom is every bit a coup as the last manager. He says he turned down a number of jobs and before Leeds had been touted as a potential future EPL manager.

The more I think about it (and I was excited about Appleton so felt a little disappointed) the more I think it’s a fantastic appointment for not only what he brings to the club but also shows how good we are off the pitch that he chose to kick start his managerial career with us.
    Correct in all respects, we need to enjoy him while we have him.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Yeah, that's true. I don't personally think there's been much wrong with our recruitment anyway.

Left by mutual consent!
    Yeah, that's true. I don't personally think there's been much wrong with our recruitment anyway.
    It's been excellent since Dempster, Craig and Mathie came in. There are always going to be players who don't quite make it but that happens at every club whether that be down to personal reasons, injuries or just not good enough.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    I was the same as a lot of others about this appointment. A bit 'meh' but wow was I wrong. I just totally buy into his approach and what he says. More importantly it seems the players do as well!

Glad to be proven wrong about this one! What do I know about appointing a new manager though, I was over the moon when we brought in Butcher!

Lennon had final say on who came in, Kamberi impressed on his loan but it was soon clear he and Lennon didn't get on, that happens in football. Lennon didn't have a great eye for a player and it looked like he went for players he knew previously like Efe, Stokes, Whittaker etc. Also Lennon's squad building was suspect, every squad was unbalanced.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Lennon had final say on who came in, Kamberi impressed on his loan but it was soon clear he and Lennon didn't get on, that happens in football. Lennon didn't have a great eye for a player and it looked like he went for players he knew previously like Efe, Stokes, Whittaker etc. Also Lennon's squad building was suspect, every squad was unbalanced.
    Mr.Lennon...

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    I was the same as a lot of others about this appointment. A bit 'meh' but wow was I wrong. I just totally buy into his approach and what he says. More importantly it seems the players do as well!

Glad to be proven wrong about this one! What do I know about appointing a new manager though, I was over the moon when we brought in Butcher!
    I'm pretty sure we were unbeaten in Butcher's first 8 games too

There is a world of difference between the two of them though. I was gutted to see Lenny go, but I couldn't have been more impressed with Hecky so far. Seems to get all of his ideas drummed into the players on the training ground as they all look as though they are confident in what their role is without him barking at them.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Perfectly put 👍

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    I bet Lennon is getting fed up being asked about his time at Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by allezsauzee View Post
    I'm pretty sure we were unbeaten in Butcher's first 8 games too

There is a world of difference between the two of them though. I was gutted to see Lenny go, but I couldn't have been more impressed with Hecky so far. Seems to get all of his ideas drummed into the players on the training ground as they all look as though they are confident in what their role is without him barking at them.
    I'm pretty sure you're wrong there. Butcher did have a good start but we lost at least one of his early games(away to Celtic) not sure if there were any others

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    I'm pretty sure you're wrong there. Butcher did have a good start but we lost at least one of his early games(away to Celtic) not sure if there were any others
    you are correct. we lost 1-0 at Celtic in the first 8. However the point I was making that although Butcher also made a pretty decent start in his first 8 league games, I believe that there is a lot more substance to what Hecky is doing. Butcher got a new manager bounce and changed our style to be more direct which probably foxed opposition for a few games.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    The loss to Raith in the cup was the start of a downward spiral

I wonder when Celtic will want to talk to him, now that he’s with us and doing well...

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    It's been excellent since Dempster, Craig and Mathie came in. There are always going to be players who don't quite make it but that happens at every club whether that be down to personal reasons, injuries or just not good enough.
    Aha! I sense an intelligent, thoughtful and knowledgeable post here.

For goodness sake stop it! You'll spoil a potentially filled-with-guff thread.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Mr.Lennon...
    Haha touche

At least I refrained to call him Lenny but seeing as we all call him by his surname in most threads,Lennon will do.
    Last edited by J-C; 17-04-2019 at 06:09 PM.