hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sir Albert Kidd

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    The fact that the wound is still so open pleases me immensely. What a bitter little greeting Hearts fud. Roond ye!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bawheid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The fact that the wound is still so open pleases me immensely. What a bitter little greeting Hearts fud. Roond ye!

Still hurting 33 years on. They will never get over it
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Sir Albert noising them up in a very stylish way

If I remember correctly there was a draw at Easter Road during which Sandy Clark missed an absolute sitter late on to win the game. If he had scored that day, the point would have secured the league title BEFORE dens.

I have vague recollections of a chant along the lines of ' they tell me Sandy's a Hibby.....' but that might be the addled old mind

Left by mutual consent!
    Why are Jambos (both players and Muppets) always so 'Bitter and Twisted' - having a go at Sir Albert, who was only doing his job, is just plain pointless ! Yet they never say anything about their 'hero' was hiding in the crapper ??

Missed this at the time.Didnt know Sir Albert was a Celtic fan.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I hope Sandy’s still seething. They say the world will be different when we come out the other side of the Covid-19 crisis, but guaranteed every day within an hour of getting up, Sandy Clark will be feeling rage about Dens Park ‘86 and his part in Scottish footballs biggest ever bottle job. Before Covid, during Covid and many years after Covid.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    As far as I’m aware, Hearts first two league games of the 1985-86 season were a 1-1 draw at home to Celtic (where Celtic equalised in injury time), and a 6-2 defeat away to their beloved St. Mirren.

So whilst we had Sir Albert’s dramatic cameo in the final minutes of the season, much of the damage was done way back in August, with that dropped point and four goal defeat.

@hibs.net private member
    Just watched the highlights. Why do the hearts fans end up on the pitch in large numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    Just watched the highlights. Why do the hearts fans end up on the pitch in large numbers?
    To stop themselves from drowning on terraces from the flood of tears maybe?

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    In 2005 in Melbourne I had the pleasure and honour of presenting Sir Alby Kidd with the Oz Branch’s retrospective Player of the Year Award for 1985/6.

We flew Alby (as he is known here) up from Adelaide, and many Hibbies, myself included flew in from interstate for the function.

Alby gave a great speech, and I can assure you, he never mentioned anything about feeling sorry for Hearts.

He was simply a professional footballer doing his job, and Sandy Clark would do well to behave in a similar professional manner as the great man.
    I was at that at the racecourse. Was a great night and Sir Albert came across very well.

Sandy Clark has always struck me as a complete clown of a man. If he did his job better he might have won something.

Herts fan talking about "Hibsing" it conviently forget their 1986 double is the biggest bottling act in Scottish football history.

@hibs.net private member
    What’s the name of the boy for st Mirren that scored the winner a few weeks ago? If he ends up relegating them and maybe a second admin event then he could be up there as a very close second to Sir Albert Kidd

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    What’s the name of the boy for st Mirren that scored the winner a few weeks ago? If he ends up relegating them and maybe a second admin event then he could be up there as a very close second to Sir Albert Kidd
    Obkia

Quote Originally Posted by GRA View Post
    Obkia
    Which to hearts fans is an anagram of i boak.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    If I remember correctly there was a draw at Easter Road during which Sandy Clark missed an absolute sitter late on to win the game. If he had scored that day, the point would have secured the league title BEFORE dens.

I have vague recollections of a chant along the lines of ' they tell me Sandy's a Hibby.....' but that might be the addled old mind
    0-0 draw at ER . Cost them the league 😂😂
    Had Clark scored ,they would have won the league with 51 points .( which is awfy ironic:) But as we all know ,50 points it was.
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Sandy Clark sounds a bit of a bell end. Glad he saw his son set up our winner on 21/5/16

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    Exuberance.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Oh Sandy Sandy Sandy still raging that his team bottled it on the biggest day of their careers. Who could’ve known in those bright spring days when the mighty jam tarts were carrying all before them that it would all end in such tragic circumstances. There was an item on the radio on Saturday about when they lost the league to Kilmarnock on the last day at Tynie. Kilmarnock needed to win by two goals to win the league and that’s what they did. In those days they used the goal average system, if it had been goal difference hearts would’ve claimed the title. They were understandably annoyed about this and pressed for goal difference to be brought in. In an ironic twist of fate they would’ve won the league in 86 if they’d used goal average. I feel for them I really do.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Oh Sandy Sandy Sandy still raging that his team bottled it on the biggest day of their careers. Who could’ve known in those bright spring days when the mighty jam tarts were carrying all before them that it would all end in such tragic circumstances. There was an item on the radio on Saturday about when they lost the league to Kilmarnock on the last day at Tynie. Kilmarnock needed to win by two goals to win the league and that’s what they did. In those days they used the goal average system, if it had been goal difference hearts would’ve claimed the title. They were understandably annoyed about this and pressed for goal difference to be brought in. In an ironic twist of fate they would’ve won the league in 86 if they’d used goal average. I feel for them I really do.

Oh yes ! laughed out loud at your last two sentences.

Best 20 seconds I have had after 43 days in a severe lockdown in Fuerteventura !

Ta muchly !!

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    That's truly embarrassing stuff for Clark to come out with.
    Hearts class written all over his bitter actions 😊

I had the pleasure of interacting with the great man himself recently...

Last edited by RupertsBollocks; 28-04-2020 at 08:43 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    The tache that RUINED HOMOFC

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Baader View Post
    I was at that at the racecourse. Was a great night and Sir Albert came across very well.

Sandy Clark has always struck me as a complete clown of a man. If he did his job better he might have won something.

Herts fan talking about "Hibsing" it conviently forget their 1986 double is the biggest bottling act in Scottish football history.
    1986 will never ever be beaten in terms of last minute collapses. To lose in the way they did was unique and the fact that people still talk about it after all this time shows how momentous it was. They then went on to follow it up the next Saturday with a proper ****ging from the Sheep at Hampden in the Scottish Cup final. From double winners to total flumps. Well done Hearts. We will always remember as will you!

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Kidd is at the wind-up, no question about it.

Clarke, still hurting about it after all those years.

"thirty minutes into the function, I noticed Sandy Clark at a table nearby. I approached him and greeted him saying: ‘Sandy Clark, it has been a while sir, how are you?’ His response was delayed and my first thought was: ‘jeez he doesn’t know me’.

“I proceeded to tell him who I was and he answered by saying: ‘I know who you are’. So the conversation was fabulous and lasted eight to ten seconds.
    “I knew from that moment that he was still hurting and if I continued speaking, he may well have got a bit out of sorts.
    “I would like it to be put on record by saying that I am truly sorry that Hearts never won the championship in 1986,” added Kidd.
    “Yes, I had a hand in the end result and Celtic, who I follow and support, benefited greatly".

Is that the biggest bottle job in Scottish football history or was that when their players were high fiving fans when they were beating 9 man Inverness in the semi final with minutes to play?

@hibs.net private member
    Watch this video to put a smile on your face

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwY7NPu9g7M watch from 17 mins 45 sec onwards. Glorious losers.

The referee was Bill Crombie a well know Hearts fan who worked at Edinburgh Council.
    He had been all set to go up and watch Hearts win the league when he got a very late call to take charge of the game.
    They probably should have had a penalty early doors ,he later admitted that normally he would have given it but didn't want to be accused of being biased .
    He worked at reception at Chesser House just off Gorgie Road , think he got moved because half the visitors wanted to strangle him
    and the other half wanted to shake his hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    Remind me, who was Albert Kidd and what did he do?
    He ended the of pretence of Hearts as a sporting institution.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by h1bs4life View Post
    Watch this video to put a smile on your face

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwY7NPu9g7M watch from 17 mins 45 sec onwards. Glorious losers.

The referee was Bill Crombie a well know Hearts fan who worked at Edinburgh Council.
    He had been all set to go up and watch Hearts win the league when he got a very late call to take charge of the game.
    They probably should have had a penalty early doors ,he later admitted that normally he would have given it but didn't want to be accused of being biased .
    He worked at reception at Chesser House just off Gorgie Road , think he got moved because half the visitors wanted to strangle him
    and the other half wanted to shake his hand.

Robbo , medals and Sandy Clark are priceless viewing..

I could watch that all night....

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    “Mita” won the league, “Mita” won the cup

.. but they didn’t
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieC View Post
    “Mita” won the league, “Mita” won the cup

.. but they didn’t
    Colquhoun at the end --- '' because we deserved it '''