hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sir Albert Kidd

1. Log in to remove the advert

Slightly disappointing comments from the great man.

I'd have preferred something along the lines of "And of all the salty Jambo tears, Sandy Clark's taste by far the sweetest".

Remind me, who was Albert Kidd and what did he do?

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    The bit in that article about when he met Sandy Clarke in 2016 is hilarious - I suspect that Alberts comments about it being a shame are somewhat tongue in cheek

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The bit in that article about when he met Sandy Clarke in 2016 is hilarious - I suspect that Alberts comments about it being a shame are somewhat tongue in cheek
    Agree totally taking the p and rightly so.

“Had he said this right after the game and continued to say this for a couple of years, so be it and I wouldn’t have been surprised, but 33 years on, is a long time between drinks,” said Kidd, who recalled meeting Clark at the Scottish Football Writers’ Association Dinner in Glasgow in 2016.

Clark comes over as an absolute clown, no surprise there.

I love how bitter Clark is. Excellent digs from Kidd.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Sir Albert will always be a hero and a giant amongst men. Get it up them Albert.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Agree totally taking the p and rightly so.

“Had he said this right after the game and continued to say this for a couple of years, so be it and I wouldn’t have been surprised, but 33 years on, is a long time between drinks,” said Kidd, who recalled meeting Clark at the Scottish Football Writers’ Association Dinner in Glasgow in 2016.

Clark comes over as an absolute clown, no surprise there.
    Saw Clark a few times at Glasgow train station heading back to Bathgate, absolutely pished probably trying to drown his sorrows. I would also like to to thank his son for his wonderful performance at Hampden 2016 a real shame what they are suffering

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Top trolling from Sir Albert there, well played!

Rather than blaming Kidd for it, Clarke would be better asking the current Hearts Director of Football about hiding in the toilets when his team needed him.

Shouldn't he be threatening to kick the heads in of his defensive buddies who allowed Sir Albert to waltz through them twice

Hearts class

Was Sandy Clark not in the crowd at THE cup final may 21st 2016?

I am sure I spotted him as part of the 75674 times I have watched the game on tv. He would have been there to watch his son whose only contribution was to put the ball out when under pressure from SDG, then throw in, then Stokes and then corner....

What a loser.

@hibs.net private member Newry Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    Was Sandy Clark not in the crowd at THE cup final may 21st 2016?

I am sure I spotted him as part of the 75674 times I have watched the game on tv. He would have been there to watch his son whose only contribution was to put the ball out when under pressure from SDG, then throw in, then Stokes and then corner....

What a loser.

Bit harsh. He'll have his Scottish Cup winners medal from 1986 .... oh wait ....

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Sandy Clark = Bitter Jambo Fud

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    Remind me, who was Albert Kidd and what did he do?
    He struggled in vain to stop bellends like Sandy Clarke's relentless march to the double in 1986.

I bet super Sandy had one of their double winner tee shirts on weeks before the game as well. Another one who looks to have been defined by that glorious period. All these years later too, tragic.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    That's truly embarrassing stuff for Clark to come out with.

Coaching Staff
    In 2005 in Melbourne I had the pleasure and honour of presenting Sir Alby Kidd with the Oz Branch’s retrospective Player of the Year Award for 1985/6.

We flew Alby (as he is known here) up from Adelaide, and many Hibbies, myself included flew in from interstate for the function.

Alby gave a great speech, and I can assure you, he never mentioned anything about feeling sorry for Hearts.

He was simply a professional footballer doing his job, and Sandy Clark would do well to behave in a similar professional manner as the great man.

If Clark really said that then he's even more idiotic than I had thought and I hadn't even realized it was possible to be that stupid.

Never mind St Albie the Superb, Clark is my new hero for being so upset still, that he can't even try and hide his hurt and bitterness. This is the level of Jambo suffering we want to see paraded for our pleasure. Thank you Sandy.

@hibs.net private member
    Did Sandy want Dundee to lie down to them that day?

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Kidds come off the bench probably irked at being dropped in the first place probably thinking to himself “Right I’ll show them who is boss” tried to be as professional as possible scored his goals without dare I say even a thought about how it affects the opposition just like any of us doing our job just going about your business just doing what you are paid to do

No need for Sir Albert to apologise

Sandy Clark should wynd his neck in

Water under the bridge

Maybe Potter should save a seat on the bench for him at Hampden in order that they may relive their agony together.

Perpetual losers

Dundee had a place in Europe to play for. Should they have just allowed Hearts to win?

Celtic and Hearts both had mid table opposition to face on the last day of the season. Celtic got the job done. Bottle merchants like Clark blew it and ***** bags like Levein never even bothered making the effort to get on the park.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rehabacrossthesea Wii Code: 4040
    Sandy Clark

@hibs.net private member
    Those salty tears from Sandy Clark just taste all the more delicious

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Never mind St Albie the Superb, Clark is my new hero for being so upset still, that he can't even try and hide his hurt and bitterness. This is the level of Jambo suffering we want to see paraded for our pleasure. Thank you Sandy.
    Absolutely. It's extraordinary stuff from Sandy. It brings to mind the eye-popping reaction of the yams when Hibs have the audacity to win Tynecastle. They just cannot accept it really happened.

What's Clark actually saying here? That Kidd should not have done his job as a professional footballer and simply let Hearts win the league? And that when asked about his extraordinary substitute appearance (as he must have been on several hundred occasions since) just remain tight-lipped?

'I'd like to have his head kicked in'. Yep, that's the sort of dignity one expects from a 62-year-old former professional sportsman. Credit to Sir Albert for what is clearly a tongue-in-cheek apology when told of such mind-boggling immaturity.

Anyone who features Hearts, Rangers and Airdrie on their CV is always likely to be a total roaster. Clark proves it and then some.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Clark was a terrible cheat on the pitch.. He'd foul, smile, shake hands, aw shucks. Foul him and he's up fighting. Could dish it out but couldn't take it.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    Clark was a terrible cheat on the pitch.. He'd foul, smile, shake hands, aw shucks. Foul him and he's up fighting. Could dish it out but couldn't take it.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    Clark was a big, tough target man who knocked it off for the wee man to bang it in. That was the entire philosophy of that team in fact but it was effective.

To be honest, the competition in those days wasn't up to much, and I include our own team in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Newry Hibs View Post
    Bit harsh. He'll have his Scottish Cup winners medal from 1986 .... oh wait ....
    He is the proud owner of a Lanarkshire Cup winners medal.

It's simply untrue to say Sandy Clark has won **** all in his career

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Sandy Clark absolutely reeks of Hearts.

Sandy Bellend