hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Mansfield Town

Mansfield Town

Was thinking of a trip down there with my daughter to see big Conrad playing, the reason being we can't get tickets for the Hearts game and thought we'd watch them on the Saturday (they're at home to Stevenage) then watch us v them on the Sunday somewhere.

I think there was a thread about Mansfield before but couldn't find it so does anyone have gen on the place? I see the ground is near the station but is there anything to do or see there or any decent pubs (decent beer a necessity) or is it best to stay somewhere else and just go there for the day?

At the moment it's just a thought but any suggestions are welcome.

Cheers.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member BurghHibby's Avatar
    It’s a dump, think Niddrie on a good day.

You’d be better staying in nearby Nottingham and travel to game imo.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BurghHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It’s a dump, think Niddrie on a good day.

You’d be better staying in nearby Nottingham and travel to game imo.
    That's definitely what I'd do. Been to Mansfield a few times. Fans were fine and there's a few decent cheap boozers in the town but Nottingham is definitely a better base for the game. Trains about 45 mins and an uber would be £25 / £30

Plenty good real ale pubs in Newark as well but train isn't the best option from there

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bostonhibby; 14-04-2019 at 01:28 PM.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member cheltenhamhibee's Avatar
    https://www.footballgroundguide.com/...ield-town.html

I went up to watch Cheltenham a few weeks back, found a couple of good pubs (old style proper boozers) just a few minutes walk from the train station, but can't remember their names, it's not as bad as some would make out, we were made to feel really welcome by everyone

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cheltenhamhibee View Post
    https://www.footballgroundguide.com/...ield-town.html

I went up to watch Cheltenham a few weeks back, found a couple of good pubs (old style proper boozers) just a few minutes walk from the train station, but can't remember their names, it's not as bad as some would make out, we were made to feel really welcome by everyone
    I did some work in Mansfield a while back and would probably concur that Nottingham would be the better option as the town is a bit ***** (seen better days and not alone in that respect), but like most places, if you go for the football then you’ll find what you are looking for. OP should get digs in Nottingham and do both. I reckon his Daughter might prefer Nottingham. (Apologies The Pointer for not replying direct!)
    (PS....get online for handed back derby day tickets instead)

@hibs.net private member
    You have a pm

@hibs.net private member stu in nottingham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pointer View Post
    Was thinking of a trip down there with my daughter to see big Conrad playing, the reason being we can't get tickets for the Hearts game and thought we'd watch them on the Saturday (they're at home to Stevenage) then watch us v them on the Sunday somewhere.

I think there was a thread about Mansfield before but couldn't find it so does anyone have gen on the place? I see the ground is near the station but is there anything to do or see there or any decent pubs (decent beer a necessity) or is it best to stay somewhere else and just go there for the day?

At the moment it's just a thought but any suggestions are welcome.

Cheers.
    I live four miles from Nottingham and ten from Mansfield. As others have said, stay in Nottingham, Mansfield is a pretty run down place with little to offer the visitor. Transport is easy, as well as trains there are buses running from Nottm every ten minutes in the day which will take you more or less past Mansfield's ground (Pronto, Victoria Bus Station).

Pubs in Manfield are not great with the odd exception. Loads of choice in Nottm and mostly all walkable in the concise city centre.

Give me a shout if you need any info.
    FAITH HOPE LOVE

My Blog:
    The Tears of a Clown

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Doesn’t Nottingham have 10 birds every 1 bloke? Decision made......