hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I thought it was strange earlier in the season that the more experienced players that were on the fringes of the first team never featured much with the development team. Think Hecky is asking for these guys to get a run out as seems to have been a few since he came in

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Was the final score 2-0?

I was in East Lothian today and the wind must have made it near impossible to play a game of football.

Quote Originally Posted by Mango Man View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd say he is good enough to go to maybe a bottom 6 SPFL team on loan, a Motherwell or St Johnstone or something.
    If he was to be loaned out next season, which I very much doubt at the mo, I'd rather he got his shooting boots on at one of the better Championship sides where he would mostly be playing on a winning side against less tough defences. Sharpen him up and build his confidence.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Was the final score 2-0?

I was in East Lothian today and the wind must have made it near impossible to play a game of football.
    Yeah 2-0 FT

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    Yeah 2-0 FT

First Team Breakthrough jingler1954's Avatar
    First time I’ve seen a ref give an indirect free kick for the keeper hanging on to the ball for too long. I wish the ref’s in the prem league would do the same. We got the second goal from that.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs
    I think Oli has the potential to be a first team regular, he's just not quite there yet. Definitely needs a season of regular competitive football. He's missing that swagger and confidence that Cummings's and Porteous have.
    If Shaw had the confidence Cummings had at his age he'd be pairing McNulty now easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Hibernian Development Squad starting line-up: Dabrowski, Whittaker, Spector, Johnson, Mackie, Bartley, Agyepong, Bigirimana, Gauld, Allan, Shaw.
    Subs: Martin, Donaldson, Campbell, Waugh, Block, Gullan, I.Murray.

Quite a strong team😄
    Does anyone know how it works for Jamie Gullan? I thought he was on loan at Raith for the rest of the season. Does he play and train with them for a few days a week and then come back and play in our reserve games?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    Does anyone know how it works for Jamie Gullan? I thought he was on loan at Raith for the rest of the season. Does he play and train with them for a few days a week and then come back and play in our reserve games?
    Jamie trains with Raith all week, and is available to play for our Dev/Reserves, I’m presuming as and when required, but seems to be involved most weeks

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Folk calling for Shaw to be loaned out need to have a word with themselves.

He’s one of the best young strikers in Europe.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Folk calling for Shaw to be loaned out need to have a word with themselves.

He’s one of the best young strikers in Europe.

Shaw is a cracking young talent and with the right management could become an excellent player.

His development is not being served by getting 5, 10 minutes here and there in our first team whilst being far too good for the reserves, and he's too good to let go.

He needs to go on loan.

I’m not one of his biggest fans but equally I won’t right him off at this stage. He’s only 21 and I think there’s a behavioural thing with fans that if a players been around for a while which he has he hasn’t made the grade so far so we should let him go. What we forget is young players develop at different paces and at 21 he’s still got a lot of time on his hands. Look at down south the u23 model where clubs realise that there’s a lot of good players but it’s hard do make the break through with the quality most clubs have so they keep working and developing players to give them every chance.

I agree that I think a good loan move would do him wonders Kenny miller going to stenny didn’t do him any harm. He’s probably doing exactly what we should expect from him at this stage, getting game time here and there and is scoring goals aswell so is very much contributing. I don’t think he should be the 3rd striker 4th maybe but for us to develop and also meet our immediate goals of being as successful as we can be we need better quality than oli that can come in and not weaken us, which I know costs money and in reality not many clubs in the league have 3 very good strikers.

I don’t generally like to comment on individual performances on here, but after a few comments above on Shaw, I thought Oli had an excellent game today
    Asked to play wide right, lost count of the amount of times he got into the box, sure PH would have been impressed too!

I don’t generally like to comment on individual performances on here, but after a few comments above on Shaw, I thought Oli had an excellent game today
    Asked to play wide right, lost count of the amount of times he got into the box, sure PH would have been impressed too!
    Was hecky at the game?

Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    Was hecky at the game?
    Yeah he and Robbie were at the wheel

I thought Whittaker done well today.

Quote Originally Posted by Cod Boy View Post
    I thought Whittaker done well today.
    He was excellent

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Unless we sign at least 2, possibly 3 experienced strikers, Oli won't be going anywhere. If he was at another club we would be screaming out to sign him.
    Not sure about that. If we signed a sub striker from someone outside the old firm I’m not sure many would be that impressed.

How did Spector play?

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Shaw is nowhere near as good a striker as Cummings.

Can't see him ever making the grade at Hibs. Which is a shame cause he seems like a good laddie with outstanding attitude.

As someone mentioned earlier the ideal player would probably be a mix of Cummings swagger and instinct mixed with Shaw's attitude.

Obviously hope I'm all kinds of wrong and Ollie goes on to become a regular. Just can't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    Was hecky at the game?
    Hecky doesn't miss anything

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post

Can't see him ever making the grade at Hibs. Which is a shame cause he seems like a good laddie with outstanding attitude.

As someone mentioned earlier the ideal player would probably be a mix of Cummings swagger and instinct mixed with Shaw's attitude.

Obviously hope I'm all kinds of wrong and Ollie goes on to become a regular. Just can't see it.
    I think if Oli was in the championship with Hibs at the stage of his development he is now he would have scored a similar amount of goals as Cummings

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Shaw is a cracking young talent and with the right management could become an excellent player.

His development is not being served by getting 5, 10 minutes here and there in our first team whilst being far too good for the reserves, and he's too good to let go.

He needs to go on loan.
    It goes against the grain for me having a go at young players, but I have to say I can't see Oli being anything other than a squad player at Hibs. I've watched him closely when he plays and his decision making is generally poor and his work rate is lacking. I don't think he has the hunger to go into the next level. I really hope I'm proved wrong as Oli definitely has talent, but you need more than that to be a top player.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post

Cummings done most of his scoring in the championship and when he did play in the premier league with The The's he didn't exactly set the heather on fire, now playing div 1 at Luton, enough said.
    Last edited by J-C; 16-04-2019 at 08:48 AM.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Cummings done most of his scoring in the championship and when he did play in the premier league with The The's he didn't exactly set the heather on fire, now playing Fiv 1 at Luton, enough said.
    Always scored against the prem teams when we played them on the cup though. And player out wide when he was Rangers most of the time.

I think Shaw will do well to end up playing for a team in league one.

As I've already said though, I really hope I'm wrong.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    That Rangers defeat was costly......

How many games do they play? Would normally have thought it would be home and away, but the fact they’ve played less than half the games seems to say otherwise.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    How many games do they play? Would normally have thought it would be home and away, but the fact they’ve played less than half the games seems to say otherwise.
    Only one game left, Dunfermline away.