hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Aberdeen fans should be ashamed of themselves for the singing about child abuse awful stuff...They sound more and more like Huns as time goes on.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I went on Aberdeen forum to see their take on yesterday's game, bit of an eye opener really, few minor grumbles about the first red card on the basis that the first yellow Ball received was a bit soft, fair point.
    But there were a fair few posts deriding McInnes for his prehistoric tactics and a team full of big spoiler-type players with the main strategy to kick the **** out of opponents and lump the ball up to Cosgrove. I don't think they were just talking about yesterday's game either.
    Can you imagine he footballing "spectacle" that Hearts and Aberdeen might have served up had Aberdeen won yesterday.
    X-rated hoofball.
    Last edited by ZAGREB RED; 15-04-2019 at 08:18 PM.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorrie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I must have missed the bit when McInnes called out the Huns sectarian singing when he was a Rangers player...
    Agreed. He played with Rangers at a time when it was full fat sectarianism. He was either complicit in the bigotry or took part in it, along with his pals like Bomber Brown and Ian Durrant.

He's right to call out the songs, but I can't help but feel he's a hypocrite, unlike Steve Clark who called it out but has no association with either of the ugly sisters.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed. He played with Rangers at a time when it was full fat sectarianism. He was either complicit in the bigotry or took part in it, along with his pals like Bomber Brown and Ian Durrant.

He's right to call out the songs, but I can't help but feel he's a hypocrite, unlike Steve Clark who called it out but has no association with either of the ugly sisters.
    They’re all hypocrites. As brilliant as Clarke’s outburst was he said nothing the previous week when it was Boyd abused. Same with Lennon, he never called out Celtic when he was player or manager but he was still right to speak out when he did.

Think we just have to put aside the rampant hypocrisy and just be glad that it is finally being called out and hopefully the first step to the problem finally being addressed.