hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

Rambling Queen Ann statement incoming...

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    100k on cctv upgrade, closure of lower corner of wheatfield stand (not before time imo).

Section N closed for the rest of the season. A wise move.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Fair play to both Edinburgh clubs for taking REAL action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: friskyfraggle
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "It beggars belief!"

Quote Originally Posted by King Arthur View Post
    Section N closed for the rest of the season. A wise move.
    Not section n, section g of wheatfield.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    The day I can't go to the football because of someone else's behaviour is the day I stop going. What about those who have season tickets and can't attend games, will they be refunded?

Not sure if the statement refers to it or not, but they have closed a section for the last two games of the season.

She does drone on a bit!

Beggars belief 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    The day I can't go to the football because of someone else's behaviour is the day I stop going. What about those who have season tickets and can't attend games, will they be refunded?
    Why should they be they are being offered alternate seats until end of the season.

For those not willing to click on their website!!

Chairman's Statement on tackling Unacceptable Conduct at Tynecastle Park

As we all know, barely a week goes by at the moment without the headlines on the sports pages screaming out about the latest incidents at football matches…and, of course, they are rarely talking about the football performance! The media has no shortage of material with which to paint a pretty bleak picture of what to expect if you attend a football stadium to “enjoy” a hotly contested fixture.

By saying this, I am not criticising the media. They are simply doing their jobs. I am, of course, criticising the supporters who carry out the actions, which provide the headlines…actions such as singing sectarian songs…thereby inciting trouble; abusing players…whether verbally or physically; setting off pyrotechnics, endangering lives in the process; or causing stadium damage, etc, etc. Stadium rules have for years listed many forms of unacceptable behaviour which are stated to be “prohibited”…and yet this behaviour goes on and is seemingly on the increase. So simply listing what is unacceptable is not enough. We have to work together to stamp out these unacceptable behaviours. The government, the police, the football authorities, the clubs, the supporters…we all have a part to play.

Since getting involved in football, I have been hugely impressed by the effort made by clubs to try to ensure unacceptable behaviour is, ideally, prevented from happening, or at worst, dealt with…albeit often retrospectively. However, we have to do more!

At Tynecastle, we have worked hard over the last few seasons to strengthen our security processes and practices, and we continue to do so. Nonetheless, during the course of last Saturday’s Derby against Hibernian, no less than 7 pyrotechnics were discharged / thrown onto the pitch….4 from the Hearts area and 3 from the Hibs stand. In addition, there were instances of coins being thrown, cups, some containing hot drinks, being thrown and even… a coconut being thrown onto the pitch. Every single instance could have resulted in injury to an individual and in the case of the pyrotechnics, this did result in damage to the pitch…a pitch which, with the financial support of our fans, we have recently put down at a cost of £1 million! Why would our own fans want to damage this? It beggars belief!

To add to this, we have seen an appalling example of racist abuse, by a Hearts “supporter” to a Hibs player, circulated on social media. I am pleased to report that an individual has now been charged by Police Scotland in relation to this incident. Yes, I have also received reports of Hearts players being racially abused by Hibs “supporters!”; just because it happens both ways, in no way, condones it.

I have also received reports of sectarian comments being made by Hearts supporters. On the day, thanks to CCTV footage, and indeed thanks to supporters reporting incidents of unacceptable behaviour, 4 Hearts supporters were ejected and 3 were arrested. Other matters are still being followed up with Police Scotland.

I have said before that we will continue to take action to drive this behaviour out of Tynecastle Park… and I know that I have the support of all fair-minded Hearts supporters in our efforts to eradicate this behaviour. Since a number of the incidents mentioned above emanated from lower section G of the Wheatfield Stand, I have given instructions to close this Section with immediate effect. Season ticket holders within this Section will be offered seats elsewhere in the Stadium for the remaining 2 games of the season. I apologise to any “innocents” who are caught up in this.

I want to stress that this is not something we do lightly. This will impact close to 200 season ticket holders and as such, will cost the club financially. We have already lost income by closing corner sections of the Roseburn Stand in recent games. That we are having to reduce available capacity at games…when we have worked so hard to increase our capacity through building our new stand… is nothing short of ludicrous. As ludicrous as having spent £1 million on a state-of-the-art pitch, which some of our own fans are willing to risk destroying. To counter this appalling behaviour, I have already committed to spending another £100,000 in upgrading our CCTV system. This will be implemented during the close season. There are so many other things we could be doing with that money!

Our supporters have been magnificent in their financial backing of the Club…so we cannot sit back and allow a small group of mindless individuals undermine our achievements. Thanks to this kind of behaviour, the costs associated with providing a safe, secure and family friendly environment for supporters to enjoy the game they love, are escalating. Please work with us to stamp this out! I would encourage all supporters to text us confidentially to report incidents of unacceptable behaviour on the Fan Reporting Service number, which can be found on the club website. Help us to protect the reputation we have fought so hard to re-build.

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sure we could pick holes in it but cant see much wrong with the message..

I wonder if any of their fans will throw a strop and cancel their DD's.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Why should they be they are being offered alternate seats until end of the season.
    What's the point in closing the section then if the same people can attend the game anyway?

Excellent statement and for the action being taken.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Three comments on that statement:

1. Fair play to her for tackling what has happened and mentioning the worst of it (Marv etc.) objectively.

2. She included the phrase “it beggars belief”.

3. I take issue with the idea that they have rebuilt their reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post
    Good message liked the prominent mention of sectarian abuse.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Bit over the top reaction by Budge i would say.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

What's the point in closing the section then if the same people can attend the game anyway?
    More the section's proximity to away fans and it having more people than seats with sole intention of goading the opposition fans.

Actually, that's an excellent statement. It's about time that these morons (irrespective of which team they support) would just GTF.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    For those not willing to click on their website!!

Chairman's Statement on tackling Unacceptable Conduct at Tynecastle Park

As we all know, barely a week goes by at the moment without the headlines on the sports pages screaming out about the latest incidents at football matches…and, of course, they are rarely talking about the football performance! The media has no shortage of material with which to paint a pretty bleak picture of what to expect if you attend a football stadium to “enjoy” a hotly contested fixture.

By saying this, I am not criticising the media. They are simply doing their jobs. I am, of course, criticising the supporters who carry out the actions, which provide the headlines…actions such as singing sectarian songs…thereby inciting trouble; abusing players…whether verbally or physically; setting off pyrotechnics, endangering lives in the process; or causing stadium damage, etc, etc. Stadium rules have for years listed many forms of unacceptable behaviour which are stated to be “prohibited”…and yet this behaviour goes on and is seemingly on the increase. So simply listing what is unacceptable is not enough. We have to work together to stamp out these unacceptable behaviours. The government, the police, the football authorities, the clubs, the supporters…we all have a part to play.

Since getting involved in football, I have been hugely impressed by the effort made by clubs to try to ensure unacceptable behaviour is, ideally, prevented from happening, or at worst, dealt with…albeit often retrospectively. However, we have to do more!

At Tynecastle, we have worked hard over the last few seasons to strengthen our security processes and practices, and we continue to do so. Nonetheless, during the course of last Saturday’s Derby against Hibernian, no less than 7 pyrotechnics were discharged / thrown onto the pitch….4 from the Hearts area and 3 from the Hibs stand. In addition, there were instances of coins being thrown, cups, some containing hot drinks, being thrown and even… a coconut being thrown onto the pitch. Every single instance could have resulted in injury to an individual and in the case of the pyrotechnics, this did result in damage to the pitch…a pitch which, with the financial support of our fans, we have recently put down at a cost of £1 million! Why would our own fans want to damage this? It beggars belief!

To add to this, we have seen an appalling example of racist abuse, by a Hearts “supporter” to a Hibs player, circulated on social media. I am pleased to report that an individual has now been charged by Police Scotland in relation to this incident. Yes, I have also received reports of Hearts players being racially abused by Hibs “supporters!”; just because it happens both ways, in no way, condones it.

I have also received reports of sectarian comments being made by Hearts supporters. On the day, thanks to CCTV footage, and indeed thanks to supporters reporting incidents of unacceptable behaviour, 4 Hearts supporters were ejected and 3 were arrested. Other matters are still being followed up with Police Scotland.

I have said before that we will continue to take action to drive this behaviour out of Tynecastle Park… and I know that I have the support of all fair-minded Hearts supporters in our efforts to eradicate this behaviour. Since a number of the incidents mentioned above emanated from lower section G of the Wheatfield Stand, I have given instructions to close this Section with immediate effect. Season ticket holders within this Section will be offered seats elsewhere in the Stadium for the remaining 2 games of the season. I apologise to any “innocents” who are caught up in this.

I want to stress that this is not something we do lightly. This will impact close to 200 season ticket holders and as such, will cost the club financially. We have already lost income by closing corner sections of the Roseburn Stand in recent games. That we are having to reduce available capacity at games…when we have worked so hard to increase our capacity through building our new stand… is nothing short of ludicrous. As ludicrous as having spent £1 million on a state-of-the-art pitch, which some of our own fans are willing to risk destroying. To counter this appalling behaviour, I have already committed to spending another £100,000 in upgrading our CCTV system. This will be implemented during the close season. There are so many other things we could be doing with that money!

Our supporters have been magnificent in their financial backing of the Club…so we cannot sit back and allow a small group of mindless individuals undermine our achievements. Thanks to this kind of behaviour, the costs associated with providing a safe, secure and family friendly environment for supporters to enjoy the game they love, are escalating. Please work with us to stamp this out! I would encourage all supporters to text us confidentially to report incidents of unacceptable behaviour on the Fan Reporting Service number, which can be found on the club website. Help us to protect the reputation we have fought so hard to re-build.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

More the section's proximity to away fans and it having more people than seats with sole intention of goading the opposition fans.
    So it's nothing but posturing then,inconvenience some folk for a few weeks to make out like your doing something.

So it's nothing but posturing then,inconvenience some folk for a few weeks to make out like your doing something.
    Seems like action rather than posturing no doubt with intention of closing again in the future if no improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    Three comments on that statement:

1. Fair play to her for tackling what has happened and mentioning the worst of it (Marv etc.) objectively.

2. She included the phrase “it beggars belief”.

3. I take issue with the idea that they have rebuilt their reputation.
    True, but it's extremely rare for them to acknowledge their reputation needed rebuilt. The logic of that requires acknowledgement their last cup win was, to put it mildly, tainted.

That aside though, good to see them taking action.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Bit over the top reaction by Budge i would say.
    I would hope that Leanne would take the same stance.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    How long is it until the rangers and Celtic take all this action? Their fans are a lot worse behaved than either ours or hearts.

Seems like the media focussing all their attention on our fan behaviour hasn’t went unnoticed by budge or Dempster. Absolute silence from the west coast clubs. Where was the outcry when a linesman had his head split from a rangers fan throwing a coin? Or flares being set off by the green brigade at CP last season?

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Splitting up the hate mob will give them less impact. And also the club are losing the income of 200 seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good message liked the prominent mention of sectarian abuse.
    Agree with you on that Jim

I wonder if this is a first move from the Capital clubs to force the authorities to get a grip of the Old Firm?
    Both looking inwards at general yobbish behaviour, racist incidents and Hearts taking action against their sectarian element.
    If we're seen to take firm steps to control these elements in our support then the accusations of whataboutery are unfounded and we can rightly say to SFA/SPFL/Scottish government that both those clubs should be taken to task when they sing their outlawed songs and trash stadiums.

Hopefully this could be a new dawn and this is a first step towards it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post
    Only that its on a green site in maroon ink!

Good statement from Hearts. One you’d expect from every other club in the country in similar circumstances, except the obvious two.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    "Since a number of the incidents mentioned above emanated from lower section G of the Wheatfield Stand, I have given instructions to close this Section with immediate effect. Season ticket holders within this Section will be offered seats elsewhere in the Stadium for the remaining 2 games of the season."

There are more than 2 games left, no?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!