hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    No chance the Jambos will beat a treble, treble chasing Celtc team at a Hampden Final, especially with the serial loser Levein in charge. This could be another 5-1 final, if Hertz are lucky enough to score a goal.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by AFKA5814_Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No chance the Jambos will beat a treble, treble chasing Celtc team at a Hampden Final, especially with the serial loser Levein in charge. This could be another 5-1 final, if Hertz are lucky enough to score a goal.
    Karma is due a Hearts a visit right enough. Maybe worth a wee sky diver on that score

Sitting in a Jambo pub, they're all giving it I'm glad we're playing Celtic, wtf? 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Sitting in a Jambo pub, they're all giving it I'm glad we're playing Celtic, wtf? 🙄
    Haha **** that, leave and don’t return til after they have been pumped in the final !

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    They're lying then. They'll be absolutely spewing. Pumped off Neil Lennon in a final.

I'm sure they'll have a lovely day out at the Final.

Hearts are Celtic's bitches , on and off the park , and their fans know it. They'll get absolutely hammered.

Pleasing.

All going to plan they will see Celtic lifting 2 trophies against them in 6 days.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Their chances of winning the cup have diminished considerably today. Celtic just need one good performance for a historic run of domestic trophies and will be very fired up.

Of course anything can happen in a cup final and a huge shock is possible; however, it's only a slim chance they have. Their long ball battering ram approach won't work against Celtic on that big pitch. Levein has already booked his trap in the cludgie.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Another positive is that I can now watch the final. Had the opposition been Aberdeen, I wouldn't have watched, because I'd be expecting the Dons to bottle it. Now I'm looking forward to the camera shot of the Hearts end when they are 3-0 down with ten minutes left, and there's some morbidly obese, toothless oaf greetin' like a new born. The quiet pleasure one gets from those moments is wonderful.

Biggest game of Leveins life

I've spoke to two Hearts fans today and they both said Celtic will do them. That's their mentality.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    He’s had those already.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    I've spoke to two Hearts fans today and they both said Celtic will do them. That's their mentality.
    Yeah of course they will, full of that stuff maroon reminds you off!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    Yeah of course they will, full of that stuff maroon reminds you off!!
    Celtic in Glasgow is an instant *****bag for Hearts. We know it, they it and Scottish football knows it.

The media will talk it up but it will be a massacre and even those in maroon deep down know it.

Anyone else notice the mega crowd attracted to Hampden by the Champions elect?

20,011 is not to be sniffed at.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    Anyone else notice the mega crowd attracted to Hampden by the Champions elect?

20,011 is not to be sniffed at.
    To be fair, didn't Hearts sell 18,000 tickets? Pitiful turnout from up north, but a ridiculous kick off time for them. 12:15 was a terrible decision.

Hearts haven't played a decent team in any round. Freakish draw for them. They'll now be playing a Celtic side going for the treble treble. I better get the popcorn in. They'll wish Auchinleck had knocked them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    To be fair, didn't Hearts sell 18,000 tickets? Pitiful turnout from up north, but a ridiculous kick off time for them. 12:15 was a terrible decision.
    What happened to the other 242,000?

I do agree about the kick off time and the location. They could have matched that in Aberdeen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    Aside from dens park😃😃😃

Quote Originally Posted by wearethehibs View Post
    Obvolioisly don't want them to win but it wouldn't really bother me if they do win it.

Before 2016 I'd feel sick at the thought of them winning it and lording it over us, cause we hadn't won it in so long. But that day changed so much.
    Exactly how I feel I don't want them to win I could not give monkeys if they do. May 2016 changed everything.

In a weird way I would rather they won the Scottish cup than the league cup.

I really can't fathom this mindset of "not giving a monkeys" if Hearts win the Scottish Cup.

1-They'll be in Europe
    2-They'll make additional revenue
    3-They'll win their 9th Scottish Cup - 6 more than us.
    4-They'll be the team to stop Celtic's historic treble treble. Whilst I don't care about Celtic achieving that, if they weren't to do it I'd rather Hearts weren't the team to stop them.

I cannot understand any Hibs fan not being bothered by the prospect of Hearts winning the cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I really can't fathom this mindset of "not giving a monkeys" if Hearts win the Scottish Cup.

1-They'll be in Europe
    2-They'll make additional revenue
    3-They'll win their 9th Scottish Cup - 6 more than us.
    4-They'll be the team to stop Celtic's historic treble treble. Whilst I don't care about Celtic achieving that, if they weren't to do it I'd rather Hearts weren't the team to stop them.

I cannot understand any Hibs fan not being bothered by the prospect of Hearts winning the cup.
    Calm down no one wants them to win full stop . If they do win who cares there is nothing we can do and it is not so gutting now we have won the cup.

Left by mutual consent!
    I didn't watch the game today but glanced at the stats and saw Aberdeen had 0 shots on target and 0 corners compared to Celtic's 10 shots on target and 10 corners. I know Aberdeen went down to 9 men but it seemed like they got hammered. Hopefully similar fate for Hearts. A spanking in the final and a 6th place finish below your rivals after being about 12 points ahead at one point would be a good laugh wouldn't it Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Calm down no one wants them to win full stop . If they do win who cares there is nothing we can do and it is not so gutting now we have won the cup.
    I'm very calm thanks.

I just can't understand why anyone of a Hibs persuasion wouldn't care about Hearts winning the cup. I just find that very strange but each to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    I didn't watch the game today but glanced at the stats and saw Aberdeen had 0 shots on target and 0 corners compared to Celtic's 10 shots on target and 10 corners. I know Aberdeen went down to 9 men but it seemed like they got hammered. Hopefully similar fate for Hearts. A spanking in the final and a 6th place finish below your rivals after being about 12 points ahead at one point would be a good laugh wouldn't it Craig.
    If only ''Lenny'' could do that to Aberdeen with Hibs.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    If only ''Lenny'' could do that to Aberdeen with Hibs.
    He did last season at Easter Road

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43013098

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    He did last season at Easter Road
    Yes, a solid 1 from 8? games.

Caution needed

Caution required in all of this. This is exactly what the Hearts fans were saying when we reached the final in 2016 v Rangers. Remember the posts that were then served up here when we won. This is a one off game and I seem to remember the last time Hearts played one of the old firm in the cup final....a Rangers win was inevitable. Let's please leave talk of popcorn etc until 445 or 515 or even after that on 25 May. I thought that Hibs name was on the cup in 2016. We rode our luck at times(remembers JCs dink penalty). We just do not know what will happen but what we ceratainly do not want is Egg on our faces that will be rubbed in with real pleasure in case the unthinkable happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonyopus View Post
    Caution required in all of this. This is exactly what the Hearts fans were saying when we reached the final in 2016 v Rangers. Remember the posts that were then served up here when we won. This is a one off game and I seem to remember the last time Hearts played one of the old firm in the cup final....a Rangers win was inevitable. Let's please leave talk of popcorn etc until 445 or 515 or even after that on 25 May. I thought that Hibs name was on the cup in 2016. We rode our luck at times(remembers JCs dink penalty). We just do not know what will happen but what we ceratainly do not want is Egg on our faces that will be rubbed in with real pleasure in case the unthinkable happens.
    Celtic are a far better team than Rangers were in 2016 thankfully.

If Celtic play at the top of their game, they'll win. If they're off it then Hearts have a chance.