hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Fort William

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

Fort William

Will finish the season on negative points - currently on -7 with two games to go, after being deduced nine points earlier for fielding ineligible players.

Has that ever happened before?

2. Log in to remove the advert

They also have a goal difference of -215 for the season. Surely that has to be some kind of record as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They also have a goal difference of -215 for the season. Surely that has to be some kind of record as well?
    Eyemouth in Conference B of the new East of Scotland League setup currently sit on -3 points (docked due to ineligible player) with a minus goal difference of 133 ! They have one league fixture left next Saturday to get back to zero points - against the champions Bonnyrigg Rose, away from home, somehow don’t think it’s happening !

I've got a lot of time for the guys at Fort William.

It would have been easy to chuck it years ago. They struggle to get a team together some weeks and are cut off from the rest of the Highland League both in terms of geography and resources. They work hard to keep a footballing presence alive in the town.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    I think that the real irony for Fort William was that the ineligible player was the goalkeeper who had let in loads (double figures?) in one game. The other week, Fort were winning against Wick Academy and the game was abandoned. Nae luck at all

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've got a lot of time for the guys at Fort William.

It would have been easy to chuck it years ago. They struggle to get a team together some weeks and are cut off from the rest of the Highland League both in terms of geography and resources. They work hard to keep a footballing presence alive in the town.
    Likewise. Hopefully their luck turns soon, unfortunately football isn't even the most popular sport there so even getting the locals to play is difficult.

Would be a shame if they dropped out as was rumoured this season.

I’ve long admired the spirit and perseverance of Fort William. They’re remote by even Highland League standards and as others have said it’s not really a football hotbed.

I remember Hibs signed a teenage goalie from them, maybe 20 years ago and sent a team up to play a friendly as part of the deal.

I always look for their results on a Saturday evening.

For me it’s the whole “love of the game “ thing. These guys keep the club going because there really is nothing better than football.

It's a great place to go to watch the football ,I went last year only about 20 people there and I still didn't win the 50/50 .game against Nairn last week was delayed for half hour so they could clear deer poop of the pitch

Inconsequential
    Left by mutual consent!
    As previously mentioned Hibs did sign a goalie from the Fort during the time when Jim Duffy was manager. John Campbell was his name but was never near the first team squad iirc. The deer sh*te story happened just the other week and basically sums up their season - total poop. Oh deer.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: EdinburghHibee86
    Are there any other hibees in FW? I’ve been watching our games in sunnys but it’s always full of rangers or Celtic fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Luck does not smile on them...

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/s...cause-15915327

So my winless stint with Stockbridge “big team) has been surpassed thank god.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.