hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is only one pot - the club.

If we didn't have these clowns chucking stuff we wouldn't need to spend this money.

The club are not to blame here.

The next time the person next to you chucks a coin, bottle, coconut or flare, try to get it into your skulls that 250 people around you have bought season tickets without the playing budget seeing a penny, just so the club can have a better chance of catching and banning the thrower.

I'm 100% behind the club, and I'm impressed by the way Hearts have clamped down too.
    Exactly, if the idiots we have in our support didnt throw glass bottles or run on any part of the pitch then the club wouldn't need to take these measures

2. Log in to remove the advert

If we didn't have these clowns chucking stuff we wouldn't need to spend this money.

The next time the person next to you chucks a coin, bottle, coconut or flare, try to get it into your skulls that 250 people around you have bought season tickets without the playing budget seeing a penny, just so the club can have a better chance of catching and banning the thrower.

I'm 100% behind the club, and I'm impressed by the way Hearts have clamped down too.
    Agree 100% with this

I think this 100k is money that I would rather spend on the team, but given the situation we have found ourselves in, it may save us more money that the 100k as it limits the risk of things flaring up again, saving
    Liability insurance premiums
    Reputational risk
    Losing fans due to not feeling safe
    Higher policing costs due to constant issues

I'm sure this list could be added to.
    I think the club's hand has been forced and they are having to act

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar

In a nutshell and I can't understand why others think differently.

Actions have consequences and in this case one of the consequences is that a few mindless idiots have tarnished the image of our Club and the overwhelming majority of decent fans.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Clearly organisations like Police and government are demanding we do it.
    Are they? You know this how?

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    I do get the impression Leeann could craft a letter, publish a statement, give an interview, speak to Folks individually and yet still some folks don’t appear to hear the message. Now Why is that?
    She's had enough praise over the years, particularly the first 3 season's. But this season she's lost it a wee bit and some of her decision making and comments have warranted criticism. Let's not make out as if there is some kind of big agenda amongst some hibs fans against her.

Once this new system is installed and it starts catching "offenders", the court should recognise the effort and cost made by the club to catch these offenders and make them contribute to the cost as part of any penalty they receive. It will either pay for itself or the stadium becomes a safer place for everyone if no-one is committing dangerous offences. The added bonus being that if it is also fitted with audio recording equipment, it should also be easier to identify those singing sectarian songs and bringing them to book. There would then be no chance of our club being criticised for the police being unable or unwilling for them to do their jobs properly because of lack of evidence.

GGTTH
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    For those claiming the 100k won't come out the football budget and was money set aside for cctv to be upgraded anyway; then why has dempster said she would rather be spending it on football If it's nothing to do with the football budget?

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9775
    Because 100k that could be spent on football will need to replenish that 100k missing from the rainy day fund.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Are they? You know this how?
    You think they arent.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    She's had enough praise over the years, particularly the first 3 season's. But this season she's lost it a wee bit and some of her decision making and comments have warranted criticism. Let's not make out as if there is some kind of big agenda amongst some hibs fans against her.
    Nobody is above criticism - fwiw, I think her sniffer dogs idea is hysterical nonsense - and nobody has said there is "a big agenda" - but there are absolutely some high profile Hibs fans on social media who are talking some utter nonsense about LD.

It really ramped up with Lennon leaving, and - despite excellent results - these same people just cant wait to hit the club with their ill thought out rubbish when a few fannies throwing stuff on the pitch push the club into a corner.

Part of me thinks that some people preferred it when Petrie was in charge and it was shambolic - now that things are different, they still need someone "in power" at Hibs to hate, and now its Dempster.

Some people need to engage the brain before posting or tweeting.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    In your opinion. I think she has dealt with a very difficult year with the Lennon implosion plus the fan issues very well in the main. No one is ever going to get it right all the time however I think she has been very good, strong in condemnation of the behaviour and also strong in the actions such as this announcement re cctv. Really struggling to see why that announcement has had the borderline hysterical response it seems to have got. I think there are some Hibs fans who at the moment are criticising her every move for some reason I dont get.

There are certainly some with an agenda. Are you one of them?

Its only morons that have a problem with what LD and Budge are doing.

The club takes a positive stance over drugs and pyros that the majority say is a problem and we now see the many posters on her with an anti Hibs/Leeann agenda. Then we get others moaning about not stopping the sectarian crap, you do realise that is not our problem. Our problem is a bunch of coked up ass holes who want throw **** and run on the pitch now and then.

What happens when the dog picks you out? Is it a pat down or a strip search with rubber glove? If nothing is found do you get an apology and a voucher for a free pie or refused entry?

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    The club takes a positive stance over drugs and pyros that the majority say is a problem and we now see the many posters on her with an anti Hibs/Leeann agenda. Then we get others moaning about not stopping the sectarian crap, you do realise that is not our problem. Our problem is a bunch of coked up ass holes who want throw **** and run on the pitch now and then.
    Just because people happen to disagree with how we are choosing to spend a substantial amount of money it doesn’t mean you have an agenda.

As for sectarian stuff, if it happens in our stadium it is absolutely our problem. If we are prepared to ignore it, say or do nothing about it and have them back to do it all again every few months can we really moan about others turning a blind eye?

Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    There are certainly some with an agenda. Are you one of them?

Its only morons that have a problem with what LD and Budge are doing.
    I don't have an agenda. I think budge and herself have gone about it the wrong way. The tone of The Budge ststement was like she was lecturing their fans. That's just going to have the opposite effect and they will just act up even more. Closing sections of the ground for 2 games wont have much of an effect either. Its the individuals who are in the sections; who are still in a minority, that need dealt with not 190 odd season ticket holders who are innocent and rightly feel like they are being wrongly punished

Well said mate,can't believe the grief the club are getting over this.

I don't have an agenda. I think budge and herself have gone about it the wrong way. The tone of The Budge ststement was like she was lecturing their fans. That's just going to have the opposite effect and they will just act up even more. Closing sections of the ground for 2 games wont have much of an effect either. Its the individuals who are in the sections; who are still in a minority, that need dealt with not 190 odd season ticket holders who are innocent and rightly feel like they are being wrongly punished
    Tell me, how would you address the upsurge in football fans disorder?

Lots of people being critical about this decision, but I'm not hearing many alternatives apart from hoping it goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Tell me, how would you address the upsurge in football fans disorder?

Lots of people being critical about this decision, but I'm not hearing many alternatives apart from hoping it goes away.
    Ban people on an individual basis. When they do something wrong then ban them. And when banned they stay banned because I know plenty of people with a "life ban" who still rock up to tynie and ER every week. If the clubs were serious about stopping bad behaviour they would enforce these more heavily.Don't punish a whole section for one or two ********s inability to behave. All your doing with that is getting even more fans backs up.
    Last edited by we are hibs; 12-04-2019 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post
    Objects, including a bottle, thrown by fans in the stadium and our CCTV can’t identify the culprits.

Sure we will have liability insurance but don’t know if these incidents will affect our premium.

Justice Secretary is banging on about the government sorting things out through the licensing system - would CCTV that can’t identify people pass.

Club want to be in Europe regularly but UEFA aren’t backwards in dishing out fines. How much for a bottle hitting a player?

Board decide to mitigate these and make the ground safer for fans and players.

Sure there are many things that £100k would buy but can understand why we are doing it.

My only hope is that the club call out all unacceptable behaviour, including visiting fans going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Your last paragraph is spot on however if you are not already aware there is an SPFL delegate at every game..... they also attend pre March and post match meetings with both clubs!

They should be pointing out this to the powers that be and that includes all incidents of sectarian signing! I am going to suggest that they have not and will continue not to mention this if it involves either of the OF.

We will never ever stop sectarian signing and abuse in this country however until the SPFL and SFA step up to the plate and point the finger at the clubs that do it will continue to be swept under the carpet!

Doncaster and the rest are running scared of those 2 and imho will never do anything. They are the ones that should be asked the question and at every opportunity!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Ban people on an individual basis. When they do something wrong then ban them. And when banned they stay banned because I know plenty of people with a "life ban" who still rock up to tynie and ER every week. If the clubs were serious about stopping bad behaviour they would enforce these more heavily.Don't punish a whole section for one or two ********s inability to behave. All your doing with that is getting even more fans backs up.
    The trick is to stop the sources of potential trouble entering the stadium in the first place and if that means using dugs then I've no objections.

The fact you called Leeann "HERSELF" in that post says everything about you.

Testimonial Due
    The fact you called Leeann "HERSELF" in that post says everything about you.
    What does it say about them ?

Quote Originally Posted by JimboHibs View Post
    What does it say about them ?
    That he he doesn't have any respect for her and has an agenda.

Testimonial Due
    That he he doesn't have any respect for her and has an agenda.
    👍

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Difference is a hole in your roof is an urgent repair and cost that you cannot avoid.

There is absolutely no need for us to be wasting money on CCTV when no one is demanding we install it. Doesn't sit well with me that a month ago they were sending out leaflets from HSL saying we need to be honest with ourselves as Aberdeen and hearts fans are putting more money into their clubs as if we aren't doing enough then they're chucking 100k at this, which in her words would've been going towards the football side.
    HSL goes to the playing budget.

By your reckoning we'd be as well not having any at all. If the original system couldn't identify the thrower of a bottle then it is not good enough!

Closing sections would be one of the punishments if strict liability was introduced. That’s one of the reasons I am against it. Some Scottish fitba fans seem to think only the Old Firm would face sanctions if it was introduced. We’d be a much easier target when it came to showing that something was being done.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    I'm opening myself up to ridicule here but I have a severe phobia of dogs. Will they come up to every punter to have a sniff? I will probably cause a major scene if they come anywhere near me, like I did at Auckland airport with the sniffer dogs hunting out contraband food.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    HSL goes to the playing budget.

By your reckoning we'd be as well not having any at all. If the original system couldn't identify the thrower of a bottle then it is not good enough!
    Leeann said after that game the CCTV needed upgraded, we all heard her say this but then some go mental when they do so, how much do people think this stuff costs?

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Like what?