hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 271 to 295 of 295
  1. #271
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I doubt they can send you away without discovering illicit items on you at the time you try to enter ER.
    They'll be asking you to produce a urine sample to be tested.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #272
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    in a house in Bathgate
    Posts
    31,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A match in Belgium has been abandoned because of flares.....

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47916657


    But But But it looks so colourful

  4. #273
    @hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    52
    Posts
    22,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But do I get in or sent away because some dog could smell something?
    You will be taken away and strip searched, hopefully a van is available to do this in.

  5. #274
    Testimonial Due we are hibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    3,468
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So we've to stop saying Daz, Lewis, Flo, Sparky etc just because as you say we don't know them personally, what a croc of sh it. How about you maybe call her Ms Dempster then instead of the derogatory HERSELF crap.

    Oh and I have met her a few times and call her by her 1st name, similar to most of the team members I've met over the years.

    On what planet is herself derogatory? Have a day off eh. Absolutely pathetic moaning about someone saying herself. If I was talking about petrie and said himself would you be getting your knickers in a twist then too? Nah probably not eh?

  6. #275
    Testimonial Due Since90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    3,541
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So we've to stop saying Daz, Lewis, Flo, Sparky etc just because as you say we don't know them personally, what a croc of sh it. How about you maybe call her Ms Dempster then instead of the derogatory HERSELF crap.

    Oh and I have met her a few times and call her by her 1st name, similar to most of the team members I've met over the years.
    I think your maybe making abit of a mountain out of a molehill here.

  7. #276
    @hibs.net private member J-C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    60
    Posts
    17,832
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think your maybe making abit of a mountain out of a molehill here.
    Not really, he has an agenda against Dempster and a bit of courtesy wouldn't go amiss.

  8. #277
    Testimonial Due we are hibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    3,468
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not really, he has an agenda against Dempster and a bit of courtesy wouldn't go amiss.
    I don't have an agenda against her. Explain how I do? I said I didn't think paying 100k for cctv no one has said we MUST get installed is ridiculous. How you can equate that to having an agenda is beyond me. You obviously think she can do no wrong though so it's a pointless conversation.

  9. #278
    @hibs.net private member J-C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    60
    Posts
    17,832
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't have an agenda against her. Explain how I do? I said I didn't think paying 100k for cctv no one has said we MUST get installed is ridiculous. How you can equate that to having an agenda is beyond me. You obviously think she can do no wrong though so it's a pointless conversation.
    She has made a couple of errors in judgement but all in all has been great for our club. She mentioned after the bottle incident that CCTV needed upgrading due to not covering the whole crowd sufficiently, how much do you think CCTV costs, it's not pennies. If coke sniffing eejits stayed in their seats and stopped throwing stuff, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

  10. #279
    Testimonial Due we are hibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    3,468
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    She has made a couple of errors in judgement but all in all has been great for our club. She mentioned after the bottle incident that CCTV needed upgrading due to not covering the whole crowd sufficiently, how much do you think CCTV costs, it's not pennies. If coke sniffing eejits stayed in their seats and stopped throwing stuff, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
    I never once said she hadn't. I said this season standards had slipped slightly compared to previous years. There was a lack of communication between club and fans first half of the season. That's improved in the last few months.


    She said the CCTV NEEDED upgraded. Then why did she mention it was money she would rather spend on football If it was money obviously going to be used on upgrading the CCTV? Of course your last sentence is true. The people ultimately to blame are the people who are doing these things but at the minute, with no pressure to do so we have wasted 100k on something which isn't needed. At the end of the day the SPFL/SFA can't force it until strict liability is enforced which by the sound of it isn't going to be very soon. Despite all the white noise about the government getting involved I would highly doubt that's going to happen either.

  11. #280
    @hibs.net private member J-C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    60
    Posts
    17,832
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I never once said she hadn't. I said this season standards had slipped slightly compared to previous years. There was a lack of communication between club and fans first half of the season. That's improved in the last few months.


    She said the CCTV NEEDED upgraded. Then why did she mention it was money she would rather spend on football If it was money obviously going to be used on upgrading the CCTV? Of course your last sentence is true. The people ultimately to blame are the people who are doing these things but at the minute, with no pressure to do so we have wasted 100k on something which isn't needed. At the end of the day the SPFL/SFA can't force it until strict liability is enforced which by the sound of it isn't going to be very soon. Despite all the white noise about the government getting involved I would highly doubt that's going to happen either.
    I don't think we had any plans to upgrade but recent events have forced our hand.

    Communication wasn't great due to the strained relationship with Lennon, he was the one not doing press, acting very bizarrely and ultimately losing the plot to get asked to leave. It was a very tricky situation he had placed Dempster in and things had to be kept quiet while it all played out.
    Last edited by J-C; 13-04-2019 at 02:49 PM.

  12. #281
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    in a house in Bathgate
    Posts
    31,846
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not really, he has an agenda against Dempster and a bit of courtesy wouldn't go amiss.

    Ms Dempster






    :)
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 13-04-2019 at 02:33 PM.

  13. #282
    @hibs.net private member J-C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    60
    Posts
    17,832
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ms Dempster






    :)
    Haha touche 😁

  14. #283
    Solipsist Eyrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    PDSBRE
    Posts
    7,524
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I never once said she hadn't. I said this season standards had slipped slightly compared to previous years. There was a lack of communication between club and fans first half of the season. That's improved in the last few months.


    She said the CCTV NEEDED upgraded. Then why did she mention it was money she would rather spend on football If it was money obviously going to be used on upgrading the CCTV? Of course your last sentence is true. The people ultimately to blame are the people who are doing these things but at the minute, with no pressure to do so we have wasted 100k on something which isn't needed. At the end of the day the SPFL/SFA can't force it until strict liability is enforced which by the sound of it isn't going to be very soon. Despite all the white noise about the government getting involved I would highly doubt that's going to happen either.
    It only needed upgraded because the current system isn't able to identify the idiots so that they can be dealt with appropriately by the club.

    Are you happy for the idiots to continue bringing bad publicity to our club?
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

  15. #284
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in the town
    Age
    55
    Posts
    9,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It only needed upgraded because the current system isn't able to identify the idiots so that they can be dealt with appropriately by the club.

    Are you happy for the idiots to continue bringing bad publicity to our club?
    Not only brings bad publicity but could endanger fellow supporters.

  16. #285
    @hibs.net private member VivaPalmeiras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    10,532
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But But But it looks so colourful
    When the debate around flares (ďthey're not smoke bombsĒ) raged on here a few years back I tried to see if there was any view / ruling around pyro stuff that either FIFA or UEFA has - iirc it was left to the individual associations from what I could tell.

    I couldnít find anything much at the time quite frankly lost interest as things continued but wonder if by their apparent inaction they have effectively endorsed it and the imagery makes good TV and pics itís what a lot of focus is on so here we are caught in the middle.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

    ....SHARE THE VISION RODNEY....

  17. #286
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Blackpool
    Age
    59
    Posts
    49,792
    I dont think she's made any mistakes since arriving at the club, others may disagree, but i think she's been 100% right from the day she walked in the door, from sacking Butcher to loyalty points and now CCTV.

  18. #287
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    kirkcaldy
    Posts
    5,812
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dont think she's made any mistakes since arriving at the club, others may disagree, but i think she's been 100% right from the day she walked in the door, from sacking Butcher to loyalty points and now CCTV.
    Spot on

  19. #288
    @hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    13,435
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dont think she's made any mistakes since arriving at the club, others may disagree, but i think she's been 100% right from the day she walked in the door, from sacking Butcher to loyalty points and now CCTV.
    Well said Blackpool. Sometimes she must feel like the school mistress chastising the bairns for misbehaving but its been necessary.

  20. #289
    @hibs.net private member Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    51
    Posts
    54,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A match in Belgium has been abandoned because of flares.....

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47916657
    Another incident involving a flare......

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47937397

  21. #290
    @hibs.net private member PaulSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another incident involving a flare......

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47937397
    That’s a smoke bomb.. isn’t a flare something that shoots through the air and burns at high temperatures?

    Sounds like the wee laddie got a fright which isn’t great and for that reason alone you can’t say that it’s an act that can be condoned.

    But there’s also a great video of kids of a similar age using smoke bombs and signing the Liverpool “allez allez” before the game.
    Last edited by PaulSmith; 15-04-2019 at 04:21 PM.

  22. #291
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    51
    Posts
    18,185
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thatís a smoke bomb.. isnít a flare something that shoots through the air and burns at high temperatures?

    Sounds like the wee laddie got a fright which isnít great and for that reason alone you canít say that itís an act that can be condoned.

    But thereís also a great video of kids of a similar age using smoke bombs and signing the Liverpool ďallez allezĒ before the game.
    Flares can be hand held too.

    http://www.lhrmarine.com/product/handheld-flare

  23. #292
    First Team Regular Lucy Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Beyond the sea
    Posts
    721
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think your maybe making abit of a mountain out of a molehill here.
    Glad you drew the line at calling him 'JC'.

  24. #293
    First Team Regular Lucy Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Beyond the sea
    Posts
    721
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dont think she's made any mistakes since arriving at the club, others may disagree, but i think she's been 100% right from the day she walked in the door, from sacking Butcher to loyalty points and now CCTV.
    Bang on!

  25. #294
    She is the best signing we've made in a long time, can't say there has really been anything I would disagree with that she has done, there is still folk out there who thinks she is just Petrie's lapdog and will never move past that, stubbornness is a hell of a thing.

  26. #295
    Coaching Staff jgl07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Merchiston
    Posts
    6,957
    Reading some of the posts on this thread makes me think that the (evicted) inhabitants of Section N have taken residence on here.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved