hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar

100k cctv and sniffer dogs

Spending 100k on new cctv systems & bringing in sniffer dogs to detect drugs or pyro.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    100k we could have spent on a permanent deal for McNulty. Thanks, idiots who can't control themselves.

Would be good if they could upgrade the tannoy when they are at it.

Sniffer dogs don't work, other than as a visual deterrent.

@hibs.net private member Rattler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinribs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think you’ll find that they do work- as long as they’re trained properly for the purpose ✅

It would be good for you to meet "the Madeleine McCann thread" at some point.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    They work very well.

a flare up yer hole is hard to detect, even for a dug. they think it is just sheite.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    100k we could have spent on a permanent deal for McNulty. Thanks, idiots who can't control themselves.
    Yup exactly, well done all, given the cost to the club and the time in prison handed out anyone acting this way again doesn't deserve one iota of sympathy.

Far too many of our supporters still can't handle their drink and seem to think being at the football allows them to act as like neanderthals.

I really hope this last few weeks have been a wake up call and our reputation and bank balance won't take a hit again.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    It would be good for you to meet "the Madeleine McCann thread" at some point.
    No idea what that's all about, pretty sure they never found her.
    Anyway, sniffer dogs still don't work.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    No idea what that's all about, pretty sure they never found her.
    Anyway, sniffer dogs still don't work.
    Care to expand why you think they don’t work.

Yes, cheers guys. No doubt some supporters will be on soon "but, it improves the atmosphere".............

Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    Care to expand why you think they don’t work.
    They are ineffective in the rain, they don't like rowdy crowds, they also can only work effectively for twenty minutes at a time going up and down lines.
    Unless we are hiring a dozen at a time, working in shifts, then they won't make much difference. I have never noticed a difference in the amount of hash available at events with dogs present, they may have been using pretend ones though I suppose.

Seems a bit OTT.

They are ineffective in the rain, they don't like rowdy crowds, they also can only work effectively for twenty minutes at a time going up and down lines.
    Unless we are hiring a dozen at a time, working in shifts, then they won't make much difference. I have never noticed a difference in the amount of hash available at events with dogs present, they may have been using pretend ones though I suppose.
    This is just total nonsense, water actually increases the scent trail of anything making it easier for dogs to find what they are looking for. Are you aware that there are dogs that can smell a cancer tumour or when a diabetics blood sugars are low? Sniffer dogs are amazing and will find what they are looking for.

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Hope this is re-quoted repeatedly in the hope that the fools making this expenditure necessary finally add 2 and 2 together and don't get pink.
    This is money being diverted from the playing budget.
    That damages our club.
    For those who can't get that, find something else to do on a Saturday, because you are not welcome at ER.

A few minor incidents and we are going to spend that on CCTV and have sniffer dogs at games. How exactly is that going to stop someone throwing a bottle or running on the pitch?

Pointless investment

Quote Originally Posted by Orchard_Hibs View Post
    This is just total nonsense, water actually increases the scent trail of anything making it easier for dogs to find what they are looking for. Are you aware that there are dogs that can smell a cancer tumour or when a diabetics blood sugars are low? Sniffer dogs are amazing and will find what they are looking for.
    I know all of that, are you being intentionally thick with regards to the difference between rain and water though? So we are getting these dogs to sniff for cancer and diabetes, gotcha.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Can assure you sniffer dogs that are trained properly can work in any weather.Can be a very effective deterrent.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Dogs don't work in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Dogs don't work in the rain.
    Oh shut up.

First Team Regular StevesFamau5's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ImFamau5nStuff
    Just one question. Have you ever worked with or been near a properly trained working dog?

Your view seems to be incredibly judgemental with nothing particularly fact based to back it up. In a crowd of 100s of thousands of people at least 25% carrying or under the influence of some form of illegal drug it would take at least 100 dogs to even remotely stop the amount coming in. However a crowd of a few thousand going through one entrance and at least two or three dogs... I would fancy the dogs to get good results.

I have a partially trained K9 who has an incredibly good nose, he's saved my wife on several occasions when she is really ill. Unbelievable how he is aware of the situation before she is.

To sum up, your post is one sided and I support the use of the dogs. Just a shame it has come to that because of the actions of a few morons.

I know all of that, are you being intentionally thick with regards to the difference between rain and water though? So we are getting these dogs to sniff for cancer and diabetes, gotcha.
    Clearly I am, please do enlighten me?

Even if they don't work, I hope the message gets through to the idiots that are costing our club money. Don't even try brining flares or anything else to chuck in.
    It's clear to me that Hibs have been reprimanded by the powers that be. It looks like a small section of the east is being closed for games even.
    These idiots are now costing our club money. Stop

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Hope the idiots who have thrown coins/bottles and jumped on the pitch are pleased with their contribution. 100k is a significant wedge towards a good player and is instead being spent on this pish.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Hope the idiots who have thrown coins/bottles and jumped on the pitch are pleased with their contribution. 100k is a significant wedge towards a good player and is instead being spent on this pish.
    Which is true however we don’t seem to spend that much on players on a regular basis but we can chuck it at new cctv? Hmm.

Think the club should be wary of where they’re using supporters money, as a fan who goes to games and behaves I don’t want my ST money being spent on new cameras

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar

Absolutely correct, plus our Club has got to be seen to be doing their level best to try and reduce the risks of further incidents. I'm sure 99% of the support will agree but unfortunately it is the tiny minority who will continue to damage the reputation of the Club.

A bit heavy handed surely.

Whilst other clubs, with similar problems, invest in the playing squad we’ve got this gear in.

Nice atmosphere for families to have fido sniff their bags whilst they enter the holy ground every other week. Own goal for hibs

Quote Originally Posted by Newhaven View Post

Whilst other clubs, with similar problems, invest in the playing squad we’ve got this gear in.

Nice atmosphere for families to have fido sniff their bags whilst they enter the holy ground every other week. Own goal for hibs
    Agree with this. Totally over the top response by the club.

The idiot fringe has always been there and always will be. This is just our board saying look at us we are doing something when most other clubs would probably do bugger all and accept their talking to from the authorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Newhaven View Post

It's not Hibs fault that we have a sizable contingent of jakes in our support who now overindulge in cheap cocaine pre-match. Surely their presence in the ground is to the detriment of a family friendly atmosphere.