hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar

100k cctv and sniffer dogs

Spending 100k on new cctv systems & bringing in sniffer dogs to detect drugs or pyro.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    100k we could have spent on a permanent deal for McNulty. Thanks, idiots who can't control themselves.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    100k we could have spent on a permanent deal for McNulty. Thanks, idiots who can't control themselves.
    Yup exactly, well done all, given the cost to the club and the time in prison handed out anyone acting this way again doesn't deserve one iota of sympathy.

Far too many of our supporters still can't handle their drink and seem to think being at the football allows them to act as like neanderthals.

I really hope this last few weeks have been a wake up call and our reputation and bank balance won't take a hit again.

Yes, cheers guys. No doubt some supporters will be on soon "but, it improves the atmosphere".............

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Hope this is re-quoted repeatedly in the hope that the fools making this expenditure necessary finally add 2 and 2 together and don't get pink.
    This is money being diverted from the playing budget.
    That damages our club.
    For those who can't get that, find something else to do on a Saturday, because you are not welcome at ER.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar

Absolutely correct, plus our Club has got to be seen to be doing their level best to try and reduce the risks of further incidents. I'm sure 99% of the support will agree but unfortunately it is the tiny minority who will continue to damage the reputation of the Club.

A bit heavy handed surely.

Whilst other clubs, with similar problems, invest in the playing squad we’ve got this gear in.

Nice atmosphere for families to have fido sniff their bags whilst they enter the holy ground every other week. Own goal for hibs

Quote Originally Posted by Newhaven View Post

Whilst other clubs, with similar problems, invest in the playing squad we’ve got this gear in.

Nice atmosphere for families to have fido sniff their bags whilst they enter the holy ground every other week. Own goal for hibs
    Agree with this. Totally over the top response by the club.

The idiot fringe has always been there and always will be. This is just our board saying look at us we are doing something when most other clubs would probably do bugger all and accept their talking to from the authorities.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post

The idiot fringe has always been there and always will be. This is just our board saying look at us we are doing something when most other clubs would probably do bugger all and accept their talking to from the authorities.
    Maybe anticipating strict liability laws and being able to put up some sort of defence?

@hibs.net private member

But were not like every other club.

There have now been a few minor incidents at ER. Maybe they are worried that if this continues there could be a partial stadium closure from the authorities costing us more than 100K. They are now putting a system in place that would catch out any clown.

Yes there has always been the idiot brigade, but have so many been oot their nuts on drugs.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

I'm pretty sure we were fitting new cctv in the ground no matter what this summer, have tried googling the piece in the papers where the SFA/SPFL had warned clubs that they need to be upgrading in better cctv to tackle disorder in grounds, it was hinted that us and Rangers cctv was poor and the police had concerns that it was outdated while the hertz were praised for the new cctv fitted in to the mega dome in gorgie.

Don't know how many police sniffer dogs Scottish police have in the force, if Hibs are asking the police to bring in dogs to detect drugs and explosives then that means these dogs will be taken from places like airports train stations and other high risk events, why has Leeann not went the full hog and fit breathalysers at the turnstiles to deter drunken folk from entering the ground, because so far the folk who have been caught doing things in grounds seem to have been under the influence of drink rather than drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Newhaven View Post

It's not Hibs fault that we have a sizable contingent of jakes in our support who now overindulge in cheap cocaine pre-match. Surely their presence in the ground is to the detriment of a family friendly atmosphere.

First Team Breakthrough sauzee1966's Avatar

Sniffer Dogs

I have experienced sniffer dogs in Budapest at a Ferencvaros game and the number of flares in a bucket shows they did work.

I don't this we will be using the old poodle borrowed from Bessie at number 6.....these will be trained.

For me its idiots eating into the clubs funds....id make them pay a contribution when they are convicted.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Not a great move by Hibs, seriously at risk of alienating their fanbase by treating them all as potential criminals.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Absolutely correct, plus our Club has got to be seen to be doing their level best to try and reduce the risks of further incidents. I'm sure 99% of the support will agree but unfortunately it is the tiny minority who will continue to damage the reputation of the Club.
    I don't think it will reduce the risks of further incidents. Anybody acting in the heat of the moment doesn't take time to think about the consequences. We have CCTV everywhere nowadays but people still act like clowns after a few bevvies on a Saturday night.

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    We have our own dog section, (all types, patrol dogs, attack dogs, Drug detection dogs and Arms and Explosive detection dogs) and I know they all work very well for the tasks they are employed in. They are also very expensive so if they were not effective , we wouldn't have them.

Anyone that comments negatively on this thread obviously condones what goes on at matches and clearly doesn't care that the club will be haemorrhaging money to try and stop this happening.

But the fans will also have to take more responsibility in "self-Policing" too, you can't watch every one all the time, and I am sure the ones throwing stuff will be very aware and making sure they are not being watched before they throw whatever.

And as for robust sentencing, that is not a bad thing. . It so F*&%ing simple, if you do not want to go to jail, learn to BEHAVE and stop being, and I quote, " wee fannies"

First Team Regular StevesFamau5's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ImFamau5nStuff
    Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    We have our own dog section, (all types, patrol dogs, attack dogs, Drug detection dogs and Arms and Explosive detection dogs) and I know they all work very well for the tasks they are employed in. They are also very expensive so if they were not effective , we wouldn't have them.

Anyone that comments negatively on this thread obviously condones what goes on at matches and clearly doesn't care that the club will be haemorrhaging money to try and stop this happening.

But the fans will also have to take more responsibility in "self-Policing" too, you can't watch every one all the time, and I am sure the ones throwing stuff will be very aware and making sure they are not being watched before they throw whatever.

And as for robust sentencing, that is not a bad thing. . It so F*&%ing simple, if you do not want to go to jail, learn to BEHAVE and stop being, and I quote, " wee fannies"
    Spot on! Thread winner.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar

Totally ridic comment about condoning and not caring, sweeping knee jerk of a statement that.

I can’t disagree with the cctv upgrade, but I don’t want sniffer dogs at routine football matches. Excessive response, very heavy handed and unnecessary.

First Team Regular Salt N Sauzee's Avatar

Slavering

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Salt N Sauzee View Post
    Slavering
    Yes you are

Agree

Over the last year, we've had people suggesting the lifting of the alcohol ban at Scottish Football grounds, the move to safe standing areas etc. But the chances of that happening are getting more and more remote. Until we (as a football support) can all go to support our team in a civilised manner without the need for throwing things onto the pitch, letting of flares, running onto the pitch etc there's no way any of these initiatives will be allowed.

Left by mutual consent!
    Totally agree. Cheers to all those who can't behave. Well done!

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Would be good if they could upgrade the tannoy when they are at it.

Quote Originally Posted by SChibs View Post
    Would be good if they could upgrade the tannoy when they are at it.
    Give it rest. Not upgrading the Tannoy meant we got Horgan. Having to upgrade the CCTV will cost us McNulty

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Give it rest. Not upgrading the Tannoy meant we got Horgan. Having to upgrade the CCTV will cost us McNulty
    If we continue to have people who break the law ,it maybe we will have strict liability enforced by the SG. If that happens the club could be fined and parts of the ground closed if people continue to break the law.

Sniffer dogs don't work, other than as a visual deterrent.

@hibs.net private member Rattler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinribs View Post
    Think you’ll find that they do work- as long as they’re trained properly for the purpose ✅

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
    Think you’ll find that they do work- as long as they’re trained properly for the purpose
    They do work and to those people who will still want to pack away a cheeky wee pack of coke on a Saturday afternoon or Wednesday might, watch out for the dug! They will get you

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tinribs View Post
    It would be good for you to meet "the Madeleine McCann thread" at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    It would be good for you to meet "the Madeleine McCann thread" at some point.
    No idea what that's all about, pretty sure they never found her.
    Anyway, sniffer dogs still don't work.