hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    An over the top reaction to a couple of isolated incidents. LD admits the current CCTV is better than what most Scottish clubs have in place and is excellent then why spend £100k upgrading it? Also on top of that they are looking at undercover stewards and sniffer dogs? I decided to cancel my HSL d/d because the club obviously don't need the money after all. It all sounds like something out of a cold war era spy film no going to a bloody game of football.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    An over the top reaction to a couple of isolated incidents. LD admits the current CCTV is better than what most Scottish clubs have in place and is excellent then why spend £100k upgrading it? Also on top of that they are looking at undercover stewards and sniffer dogs? I decided to cancel my HSL d/d because the club obviously don't need the money after all. It all sounds like something out of a cold war era spy film no going to a bloody game of football.
    That 100k could be given to Heckingbottom to get a few more players in.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Really doubt the club are spending transfer money on this. More likely to be some cash reserves for things like this. Rather spend 100k now than get rimmed by Uefa if something happened at a euro game.

Because money hasnt been spent how you'd like you've decided the club do not need it?

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Dogs don't work in the rain.
    FFS, I wish someone had mentioned this before now.

We've put a deposit down for a Labradoodle later in the year and it's not cheap. Now you're telling me it won't work in the rain? Will it just cease functioning while its raining or can it be permanently damaged?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Because money hasnt been spent how you'd like you've decided the club do not need it?
    I (used to) pay a d/d over and above what I already put in through merch and ST. If the club think its appropriate to spend that kind of money on CCTV then my money is clearly better off in my bank.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    So the club spend money on improving safety standards at games and you cancel your DD that goes straight to the managers budget? That's a leap.

They're spending 100K upgrading the system because a complete ****ing roaster nearly hit a player with a glass bottle. Somebody at their work got a bottle thrown at them. That's the bottom line here.

They couldn't be identified and therefor the club have had their hand forced in order to uprgrade the system and not have the issue again.

Can someone please explain why it is an over-reaction?

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Seems a bit OTT.
    Less than what we'll be fined / lose out on in games played behind closed doors if this nonsense continues.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    So the club spend money on improving safety standards at games and you cancel your DD that goes straight to the managers budget? That's a leap.

They're spending 100K upgrading the system because a complete ****ing roaster nearly hit a player with a glass bottle. Somebody at their work got a bottle thrown at them. That's the bottom line here.

They couldn't be identified and therefor the club have had their hand forced in order to uprgrade the system and not have the issue again.

Can someone please explain why it is an over-reaction?
    How is that a leap? Where would that money be spent if it wasn't going to CCTV? So the managers budget is being reduced anyway and I don't want to subsidise the tattoo reading cameras. No one has forced hibs hand on this and I don't see anyone else taking extra measures.

Yeah a fud threw a a bottle of Buckie but plenty of matches pass without any incident at all thats why it's an over reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post

Quote Originally Posted by surreyhibbie View Post
    I spoke with a dog trainer who works in the prison service, I was surprised they had dogs that could sniff out phones the inmates had.

she assured me they could train a dog to find absolutely anything, in a maximum of 2 weeks. often much less.

flares etc - no problem!
    You’re not wrong with this.

I have a neighbour with a collie. The dog barks if it sees me wearing brown shoes with black trousers.

It may be a fashion police dog, but I’m sure flares will be no problem 😉

@hibs.net private member surreyhibbie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saturday Boy View Post
    You’re not wrong with this.

I have a neighbour with a collie. The dog barks if it sees me wearing brown shoes with black trousers.

It may be a fashion police dog, but I’m sure flares will be no problem 😉

wish I could tpye....

and to answer another comment, I don't suppose it rains much inside Durham Prison...
    Alcohol IS the answer, but I forget the question...

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Spending 100k on new cctv systems & bringing in sniffer dogs to detect drugs or pyro.
    Where is this being reported?

EDIT - Got it.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47885242

Quote Originally Posted by surreyhibbie View Post
    I spoke with a dog trainer who works in the prison service, I was surprised they had dogs that could sniff out phones the inmates had.

she assured me they could train a dog to find absolutely anything, in a maximum of 2 weeks. often much less.

flares etc - no problem!
    They're even able to sniff out electronics like Penn drives etc. Amazing creatures.

Be afraid if they sit down after sniffing you!

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i predict a time will come when a flare thrower is going to get a sore jaw from one of his fellow fans you have/will cost the club/team you profess to love...D1CKHEID
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 11-04-2019 at 01:43 PM.

I am with you, total over reaction, seriously considering stopping my HSL, was planning to buy three season tickets tomorrow having second thoughts now, i want my money put to players, LD needs to concentrate on that aspect of the club. Where does this end, better not fart or you will be banned, years of listening to bigots singing at Easter Road and she says and does nothing.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WestStandMoaner View Post
    I am with you, total over reaction, seriously considering stopping my HSL, was planning to buy three season tickets tomorrow having second thoughts now, i want my money put to players, LD needs to concentrate on that aspect of the club. Where does this end, better not fart or you will be banned, years of listening to bigots singing at Easter Road and she says and does nothing.
    Off you pop then pal. The ****ing idiots in our support have caused this. Why you don’t direct your anger towards them rather than the woman who has helped turn this club around I don’t know but this season we’ve seen a glass bottle thrown on the pitch, the Tavernier incident, stewards being spat at, countless flares, endless lines of coke in the toilets.

If that is on the same level as a “fart” to you then **** knows how you’ve gotten this far in life.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by SChibs View Post
    Would be good if they could upgrade the tannoy when they are at it.
    Give it rest. Not upgrading the Tannoy meant we got Horgan. Having to upgrade the CCTV will cost us McNulty

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Give it rest. Not upgrading the Tannoy meant we got Horgan. Having to upgrade the CCTV will cost us McNulty
    If we continue to have people who break the law ,it maybe we will have strict liability enforced by the SG. If that happens the club could be fined and parts of the ground closed if people continue to break the law.

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    Are you being serious or did I just have a woosh moment?

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Can we clap the dogs?
    A big cheesey smile will do

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    FFS, I wish someone had mentioned this before now.

We've put a deposit down for a Labradoodle later in the year and it's not cheap. Now you're telling me it won't work in the rain? Will it just cease functioning while its raining or can it be permanently damaged?
    Should be ok in the morning if you leave it in rice overnight

My HSL has been cancelled also - frustrating paying £360 per annum of my hard earned cash being told its needed to help the manager when we have a spare £100k we can chuck at fancy cameras.

Season ticket of course already renewed, and will never not renew cause it’s what I love but I’m not throwing money I can spend on myself and my loved ones when that’s what the club are forking out for.

Quote Originally Posted by Cauld Bovril View Post
    Should be ok in the morning if you leave it in rice overnight
    Outstanding reply 😂😂

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    On the other hand, if Hibs hand over filed footage of identified bigots chanting away then I'm sure the police can deal as appropriate.

Sounds a great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    That 100k could be given to Heckingbottom to get a few more players in.
    it would be with him already if the fannies hadnt thrown bottles of buckie

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan View Post
    Really it should be for the government/SPFL to set standards for CCTV which clubs should then follow. At the moment it looks excessive from us.
    Government would set minimum standards. We are going the extra mile to mitigate then now proven risk at ER caused by jakey millennials who have a selfish sense of entitlement to do as they please even if it is detremental to everyone else

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    I’m amazed (and disappointed) that we didn’t have adequate CCTV in place before now without it affecting player budget, which is what loads of you now appear to be dropping on your knees at. Player budgets shouldn’t be affected by infrastructure, every available penny of STs goes to the manager, blah blah blah.
    I’m a contributor to HSL, not one of yer Ponzi zealots, but for now me and my sniffer dug smell sheeeeite.

Testimonial Due
    Club was already going to be making upgrades before the recent incidents were they not? So would think most of this cost has already been budgeted for, paid for over a number of years and won't actually impact the playing budget much. But that doesn't get a reaction, saying £100k does

As probably looking to attract new shirt sponsors and the like for next season this is all seems to me to be PR to try ensure no businesses are scared off due to recent incidents

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    I (used to) pay a d/d over and above what I already put in through merch and ST. If the club think its appropriate to spend that kind of money on CCTV then my money is clearly better off in my bank.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    They’ll be queuing up to shoot you for this. Cancelling your HSL as some form of protest will attract smart arse response from several who wouldn’t know an HSL contribution if it bit them on the bum.
    Been there a while back. (I got so bored in the end though I didn’t bother cancelling).