hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leeann Dempster

@hibs.net private member

Leeann Dempster

Really good interview with our CEO, worth a listen:

https://open.spotify.com/show/41roAvo3SkUAnlqNaFiR3J

2. Log in to remove the advert

Didn't really include anything we didn't know already, she could have done the same interview a year ago with exactly the same content.

I would take issue with her comments on the stadium though. Yes it isn't a priority and is as good if not better than as most, but there must be an ambition there to make it into the stadium it can be and that means eventually tying all the stands together.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Didn't really include anything we didn't know already, she could have done the same interview a year ago with exactly the same content.

I would take issue with her comments on the stadium though. Yes it isn't a priority and is as good if not better than as most, but there must be an ambition there to make it into the stadium it can be and that means eventually tying all the stands together.
    What's the point though? We'd just be more empty more of the time.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar

Can you imagine the consternation if she said we were spending £500k on the stadium and not players ?

You would see even more "I am cancelling HSL" pantwetting on the back of CCTV-gate

Does it? Why?

Apart from anything else, with the road layout, I'm sure it's been previously stated that it wouldn't be possible to fully close off the stadium, with seats certainly.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Correct, can't fill the current stadium pointless expanding it.

@hibs.net private member

Leeann Dempster

Waste of money for me -two to three times a season it’s a sell out ...why build more when it handles who turns up on almost every occasion ...would rather spend it on players
    Last edited by bigwheel; 12-04-2019 at 04:24 PM.

@hibs.net private member proud_and_green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Waste of money for me -two to three times a season it’s a sell out ...why build more when it handles who turns up on almost every occasion ...would rather spend it on prayers
    God bless you my son!

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by proud_and_green View Post
    God bless you my son!

@hibs.net private member
    Waste of money for me -two to three times a season it’s a sell out ...why build more when it handles who turns up on almost every occasion ...would rather spend it on players
    A bit like loyalty points.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    A bit like loyalty points.
    Stirrer! There’s some truth in that devilment :)

For me the lack of good customer experience when Trying to get tickets is a big frustrating issue ..I support loyalty points as it enables those who go regularly to have a better chance.

If we don’t go that direction - I’d prefer we had a ballot..you register your interest and you get lucky or not ...spending 2 hours grappling around to get a ticket on ticketmaster is very poor experience... off topic
    Alert !!

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!

I’d rather see the money put towards the first team and academy. The product on the park is what gets people coming through the turnstiles to cheer us on. There is no rush whatsoever with the stadium. Yes will be nice to build the quadrants in all four corners but no rush at the present. Plus it’s one of the best in the country and one that we are all proud of to call our home.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Stirrer! There’s some truth in that devilment :)

For me the lack of good customer experience when Trying to get tickets is a big frustrating issue ..I support loyalty points as it enables those who go regularly to have a better chance.

If we don’t go that direction - I’d prefer we had a ballot..you register your interest and you get lucky or not ...spending 2 hours grappling around to get a ticket on ticketmaster is very poor experience... off topic
    Alert !!
    And if they want to continue with the current system at least upgrade the systems to handle the traffic.

I bought tickets for Livi on the same day as Tynie.

At 08.45 my page timed out for livingston tickets.

3 hours later chaos ensued.

I buy tickets regularly for gigs and the ticketmaster site handles that traffic so well that the tickets go within 2 minutes.

First Team Breakthrough
    If we were spending money on the stadium I would love to see a better pitch, the current one looks poor
    GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I'm not bothered whether or not folk agree with me about the stadium. But I have posted numerous times on this subject, so let me put it as simply as I can.

YOU … DONT … HAVE … TO … CONNECT … THE … STANDS … TOGETHER … WITH … SEATING … DECKS …. There are a hundred clubs out there who haven't and yet they thought it was worth connecting their stands with other structures.

Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    I’d rather see the money put towards the first team and academy. The product on the park is what gets people coming through the turnstiles to cheer us on. There is no rush whatsoever with the stadium. Yes will be nice to build the quadrants in all four corners but no rush at the present. Plus it’s one of the best in the country and one that we are all proud of to call our home.
    I have never said it should be a priority … but it has to be a long term goal if we are serious about making the club everything it can be. The focus is very much on the team and academy and that is only right after the sacrifices we have made to get the stadium modernised and to build the training centre. But that doesn't mean we cant still have ambitions for every aspect of the club, including the stadium that's all I'm saying.

@hibs.net private member proud_and_green's Avatar
    I have never said it should be a priority … but it has to be a long term goal if we are serious about making the club everything it can be. The focus is very much on the team and academy and that is only right after the sacrifices we have made to get the stadium modernised and to build the training centre. But that doesn't mean we cant still have ambitions for every aspect of the club, including the stadium that's all I'm saying.
    I agree, it should a least be in the long term plan. Much in the same way as the redevelopment of the east was. It there is not a plan how can we know what it we can and cannot do anywhere within the business including on the playing side of it.

Totally agree we invested lots off the pitch for years now is the time for player investment. Also if the stadium is too big there is little incentive to buy a season ticket however with four or five well out games a year people want to be part of that and will buy season tickets adding to the average weekly gate.

Edinburgh population only going to increase.

There were plenty people saying we’d no need to expand from 17.4k.

Submit plans. Wait for steel to plummet and bam!

Plus it’d look cool. A pretty watertight argument I’m sure you’d agree!

I'm not bothered whether or not folk agree with me about the stadium. But I have posted numerous times on this subject, so let me put it as simply as I can.

YOU … DONT … HAVE … TO … CONNECT … THE … STANDS … TOGETHER … WITH … SEATING … DECKS …. There are a hundred clubs out there who haven't and yet they thought it was worth connecting their stands with other structures.
    The helipad?

There's room to connect the Famous Five with the East, and the South with the West. That would leave two corners which could have big screens or a permanent TV position.

As RoYo says, the demand will be there at some point so we can pick our time to do the work. This is actually the sort of project I'd like to see a benefactor fund as there would be a long term benefit whereas funding an improved playing squad would only be short term until the funding stops, at which point the funder would be criticised for no longer putting their money in. For proof, just look at the stick Farmer takes despite all that he's done for us.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Totally agree we invested lots off the pitch for years now is the time for player investment. Also if the stadium is too big there is little incentive to buy a season ticket however with four or five well out games a year people want to be part of that and will buy season tickets adding to the average weekly gate.
    We’ve invested every penny possible on the playing side of things, what planet are you on?

You’d rather we end up like that lot, bumping charities and the likes?

Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    Edinburgh population only going to increase.

There were plenty people saying we’d no need to expand from 17.4k.

Submit plans. Wait for steel to plummet and bam!

Plus it’d look cool. A pretty watertight argument I’m sure you’d agree!
    According to the statisticians within the next 25 years Edinburgh will be the biggest city in Scotland, outstripping Glasgow. Whether or not that means at this stage Hibs need more capacity is debatable, but if we play our cards right and can attract the new Edinburgh residents to ER hopefully we will.

Mind you … in the next 25 years who the hell knows what state our football will be in, or what form the competitions Hibs play in will take. When you look at the abysmal crowds some of our top flight clubs attract its a miracle we have so many full time professional clubs. If things deteriorate any further I can see a stage where our big city clubs like the Uglies, Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen and perhaps a unified Dundee club will be playing in some form of British league … especially if UEFA's unspoken wish to see the creation of a European super league comes to pass.

Left by mutual consent!
    According to the statisticians within the next 25 years Edinburgh will be the biggest city in Scotland, outstripping Glasgow. Whether or not that means at this stage Hibs need more capacity is debatable, but if we play our cards right and can attract the new Edinburgh residents to ER hopefully we will.

Mind you … in the next 25 years who the hell knows what state our football will be in, or what form the competitions Hibs play in will take. When you look at the abysmal crowds some of our top flight clubs attract its a miracle we have so many full time professional clubs. If things deteriorate any further I can see a stage where our big city clubs like the Uglies, Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen and perhaps a unified Dundee club will be playing in some form of British league … especially if UEFA's unspoken wish to see the creation of a European super league comes to pass.
    It’s highly likely we’ll either be in a British league or a divisional Northern UEFA league with clubs from Scandinavia and Benelux countries. We might be surprised to become a club pushing on to needing 30000 seater stadia with the inevitable increase in Edinburgh’s population.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Book of Kamberi View Post
    It’s highly likely we’ll either be in a British league or a divisional Northern UEFA league with clubs from Scandinavia and Benelux countries. We might be surprised to become a club pushing on to needing 30000 seater stadia with the inevitable increase in Edinburgh’s population.

I have no interest going to see Hibs vs any Scandinavian country side so hopeful this won't happen (unless it's the Europa League).

Make no odds, the bigot brother attract fans from all over Scotland due to their allegiances, that in itself boosts their fan base.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Book of Kamberi View Post

Why? A British league is senseless. English teams don't want Scottish teams in their league - least of all Celtic and Rangers - and I can't see fans snapping up tickets for away games any further south of Yorkshire.

As for a Scandinavian league, what would be the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Why? A British league is senseless. English teams don't want Scottish teams in their league - least of all Celtic and Rangers - and I can't see fans snapping up tickets for away games any further south of Yorkshire.

TV money in an English language friendly broadcast market.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    TV money in an English language friendly broadcast market.
    The games ****ed if that's the priority

The games ****ed if that's the priority
    I’m wondering where you’ve been hiding the last twenty years...

I agree with your assessment regarding away support. Hibs furthest regular away game is Aberdeen at the moment and that's seen as a fair journey, I can only imagine how we would do when it came to games south of northern England if it came to it. I think we would do OK in London though coz there must be a fair few Hibbies living there who would back the club in games down there.

It has to be remembered that the context of this debate is the biggest English clubs playing in a European super league … if that left gaps to be plugged the TV money the Uglies would attract would be attractive in this money driven era … and if nothing else Edinburgh would be seen as a desirable destination for away supporters which would gain us some support with English fans.

Lets face it, if England needed to replace lets say 6 of their biggest clubs what would be more desirable …. two teams with a probable 60 and 50 thousand average and big stadiums and another 3 with decent stadiums and the potential to attract between 15 and 20 thousand fans to their home games, or 5 clubs from the arse end of the EFL pyramid with nowhere to go regarding an increase in attendances and little or no chance of strengthening the competitive nature of the leagues?