hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Delighted to say that my fifty quid made its way to the correct destination.
    I’m happy for that and my monthly 18.75 to be invested as per the assurances given.
    Maybe I’m just too trusting.

I do find the constant sniping and bitching about HSL to be quite irritating to be honest.
    The sheer weight of negativity probably stops a load of Hibs fans chucking in an affordable amount.

Whae’s like us eh?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Quite happy to donate money after I've been paid, all for a fantastic cause imo and if it helps us push forward then I'm all for it

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’m happy for that and my monthly 18.75 to be invested as per the assurances given.

I do find the constant sniping and bitching about HSL to be quite irritating to be honest.
    The sheer weight of negativity probably stops a load of Hibs fans chucking in an affordable amount.

Whae’s like us eh?
    Absolutely spot on.

Did York hibs ever appear again after getting his numerous assurances?

Promising Youngster
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    Absolutely spot on.

Was wondering about that, maybe just wanted a moan like many others on this thread. I was contacted last night from HSL with apologies about my problem with donating my £50. They sent a link through GoCardless and the donation has now been made.

Just need the password reset to get fixed now, although they admitted that there are a few problems and will be contacting the web developer.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Whatever. Why the need to ask any question when the answer is right there in the OP? What a load of nonsense.

Whae’s like us eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    Absolutely spot on.

All
    I asked HSL what they thought of the likelihood of people withdrawing because of (things like) the new security costs. HSL guy was on this thread you see, not the Sniffer Dog one.

You might see it as sniping, bitching nonsense, I don’t.
    I got his answers.
    It seems that the point in question might stop some contributors to the scheme. That’s written in these very pages.
    I doubt a few words on here stops new contributors any more than the dross they read on match days stops them going to games.

Im continuing to contribute to HSL as I have done, since the start, with the odd complaint. I suppose I trust them that much.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    All
    I asked HSL what they thought of the likelihood of people withdrawing because of (things like) the new security costs. HSL guy was on this thread you see, not the Sniffer Dog one.

You might see it as sniping, bitching nonsense, I don’t.
    I got his answers.
    It seems that the point in question might stop some contributors to the scheme. That’s written in these very pages.
    I doubt a few words on here stops new contributors any more than the dross they read on match days stops them going to games.

Im continuing to contribute to HSL as I have done, since the start, with the odd complaint. I suppose I trust them that much.
    There’s massive bitching and unfounded negativity over every HSL thread. Always an excuse for some. This is something we should be united with.

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    If we want our club to be successful it is important that HSL succeeds.Rangers and Aberdeen are clubs thatare getting substantial funds form their fans. The money that HSL has given to Hibs can be the difference from our club being able to get a quality player that we would not have been able to afford without HSL money.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    People can say anything on here, particularly if they're letting off steam.

In this case it assumes that they are contributing in the first place and, if they are, that they then go on to cancel. HSL has already reassured us that no cancellations have been notified.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member barcahibs's Avatar
    Just like to point out a counter argument to those who want a forensic examination of HSL's contributions and a lengthy debate about whether training cones constitute a football expense.

A long as it's spent on Hibs, I don't give a XXXX what HSL spend my contribution on. Lightbulbs for the boardroom, diesel for the team bus, a new kettle for the tea room, training cones for the coaches or biscuits for the sniffer dogs. What does it matter? As long as its a covering a club cost then money that would have been spent on that cost can now be spent on the team.

I've never understood the need to compartmentalise where money goes - unless you really believe Rod has been burying fivers under the old car park.

Quote Originally Posted by barcahibs View Post
    Just like to point out a counter argument to those who want a forensic examination of HSL's contributions and a lengthy debate about whether training cones constitute a football expense.

A long as it's spent on Hibs, I don't give a XXXX what HSL spend my contribution on. Lightbulbs for the boardroom, diesel for the team bus, a new kettle for the tea room, training cones for the coaches or biscuits for the sniffer dogs. What does it matter? As long as its a covering a club cost then money that would have been spent on that cost can now be spent on the team.

I've never understood the need to compartmentalise where money goes - unless you really believe Rod has been burying fivers under the old car park.
    The CEO has made it clear that HSL cash goes to funding player contracts and transfer fees.

Whae’s like us eh?
    oldbutdim
    We could not agree more. If you are irritated imagine how your Directors feel.
    Clearly if we get things wrong it is only right that we are told and do our best to do better. What is not helping is misinformation. There are constantly things posted here that are not correct and it creates a narrative that is damaging. It’s not just the “ponzi” claims that hurt but many other things that suggest we are doing something wrong when in fact it’s nothing other than a personal preference or perhaps some who are not too good with technology.
    We should always remember that HSL is not a mystic third party, it is you and all your fellow Members that own this Company that is the second biggest shareholder in the Club.
    HSL is a good news story. We have the best supporter scheme when you compare us to Rangers, Hearts and Aberdeen. We have a super opportunity here to do great things with our Club so come on everyone get behind us and help our new Manager. Even if you can’t afford to donate a one off £50 to be included in the draw why not donate £25 or better still donate monthly from just £7.73.

HSL

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    oldbutdim
    Clearly if we get things wrong it is only right that we are told and do our best to do better. What is not helping is misinformation. There are constantly things posted here that are not correct and it creates a narrative that is damaging. It’s not just the “ponzi” claims that hurt but many other things that suggest we are doing something wrong when in fact it’s nothing other than a personal preference or perhaps some who are not too good with technology.
    We should always remember that HSL is not a mystic third party, it is you and all your fellow Members that own this Company that is the second biggest shareholder in the Club.
    HSL is a good news story. We have the best supporter scheme when you compare us to Rangers, Hearts and Aberdeen. We have a super opportunity here to do great things with our Club so come on everyone get behind us and help our new Manager. Even if you can’t afford to donate a one off £50 to be included in the draw why not donate £25 or better still donate monthly from just £7.73.

HSL
    Pretty sure this applies to me (maybe amongst others) anyway I was ashamed enough to go back in and get it sorted. Just make sure I'm in the draw HSL

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    Pretty sure this applies to me (maybe amongst others) anyway I was ashamed enough to go back in and get it sorted. Just make sure I'm in the draw HSL
    Excellent, you got there in the end.

PERSEVERE 💚

Left by mutual consent!
    oldbutdim

HSL
    7.73? Wasn’t that Ian Murray’s haircut about 20 years ago 👍

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Anyone else get the email today from HSL.

Quite cheeky tbh.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post

Quite cheeky tbh.
    Yup. And feel the same way to be honest. I'm already donating as much as my budget allows me.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

Quite cheeky tbh.
    Really?

In what way is it cheeky?

Not necessarily aimed at you but from the outside it looks like folk go out their way to try and find an angle to moan about HSL.

I am an HSL member, I got the email as well and didn't see anything wrong with it at all.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Really?

Not necessarily aimed at you but from the outside it looks like folk go out their way to try and find an angle to moan about HSL.

I am an HSL member, I got the email as well and didn't see anything wrong with it at all.
    I didn’t see anything wrong with it either. They couldn’t be any clearer that people should only donate if they can afford it.

when they don’t do this type of thing people complain that they’re too passive. When they do they’re cheeky. Can’t win.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Yup. And feel the same way to be honest. I'm already donating as much as my budget allows me.
    nobody wants you to donate more than you can afford mate.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Really?

Just read the email and the only thing I could criticise is the PS at the end. I paid the £50 not long after reading about the latest initiative on here so they could have made reference to that earlier in the email rather than tagging it on at the end. Not a big deal though.

Quite cheeky tbh.
    Steve

We are really sorry that you found our email cheeky.

We want to improve our communications so would be most grateful if you could be more specific ? We want to get this right to avoid any negative narrative developing around HSL.

HSL

Quote Originally Posted by Easter Rising View Post
    I didn’t see anything wrong with it either. They couldn’t be any clearer that people should only donate if they can afford it.

when they don’t do this type of thing people complain that they’re too passive. When they do they’re cheeky. Can’t win.
    This. Wish there was a like button on here!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Steve
    We are sorry that you found our email cheeky. We were simply trying to provide a gentle reminder to our Members. We try very hard on every message to ensure that only those who can comfortable afford to donate do so. We appreciate and value the existing donations already being made by those such as yourself.

HSL

@hibs.net private member scott_hfc1875's Avatar
    Just signed up!

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Quite cheeky tbh.

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott_hfc1875 View Post
    Just signed up!
    welcome aboard

Steve
    We are sorry that you found our email cheeky. We were simply trying to provide a gentle reminder to our Members. We try very hard on every message to ensure that only those who can comfortable afford to donate do so. We appreciate and value the existing donations already being made by those such as yourself.

HSL
    There is nothing you can do. The people who want to whinge and complain will do so regardless.

Anyway where is my email. I never got one :-D

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Steve

HSL
    HSL,

I got your email and would be delighted to be in a position to donate more, but unfortunately can't at this point in time.

Please continue your good work, and to communicate more with those on your database. Many people will be in such a position to make a one-off donation but it may have slipped their mind - it took me 4 or 5 reminders from marketing communications and thread on Hibs.net to eventually sign up.

Again, keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Easter Rising View Post

100% spot on.

Some folk seem desperate to find an angle to either bash them or a reason not to sign up.

Just come out and say I won't be signing up, not for me, instead of looking for ways to put others off. (These will be the same folk who will then complain about the club and it's ambition if Hearts and Aberdeen start leaving us behind and bring in better standard of players).

I for one didn't find the email cheeky at all.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875STEVE View Post
    100% spot on.

Some folk seem desperate to find an angle to either bash them or a reason not to sign up.

Just come out and say I won't be signing up, not for me, instead of looking for ways to put others off. (These will be the same folk who will then complain about the club and it's ambition if Hearts and Aberdeen start leaving us behind and bring in better standard of players).

I for one didn't find the email cheeky at all.
    Just because you didn't find it cheeky doesn't mean others didn't.

I'm not looking for any angle to bash HSL, I've been signed up for ages now and if I thought it was a rubbish cause I wouldn't have bothered signing up at all. So I won't be coming out and saying 'I won't be signing up, not for me'

The email, I'm assuming, only went out to folk who have signed up for HSL. So I'm well aware of the cause. And as I stated above I pay as much as my wage allows monthly.