hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

HSL - Let’s back Hecky

After our latest subscription for shares I am delighted to confirm that we now own 18.16 % of our Club, having donated over £700,000. This is a remarkable achievement for us, and I want to say thank you so much for your kind and generous donations to date.

Your money has brought players to the Club who would not have been here otherwise and as a result we helped the Team get back into the top flight and of course delivered the Scottish Cup. You played your part in this team effort.

We are closing in on one of our initial milestones, While we could easily just wait and allow the passage of time to deliver this, I am writing to you to make a special appeal for some extra support. The reason for this is quite simple.

When we were down at East Mains recently meeting Paul and Robbie, they could not have been more welcoming. Without hesitation, after hearing about HSL and our members, they chose to join because they wanted to help us. I’m sure you will understand why in return we promised to do everything we could to help them. With this in mind we are asking you if you would consider making a one-offdonation of £50 to HSL. If we could get 1000 of our Members to make such a donation, we could deliver an extra £50,000 to Paul and Robbie.

We are often asked where our donations go so please allow my fellow HSL Director and Club CEO Leeann Dempster provide the answer :

“I want to give all HSL contributors my assurance that every single penny of their donation is directed straight to our Head Coach to spend on player wages or transfer fees, and nothing else. As I have said in the past the Board of the Club really appreciate the efforts of HSL Members and it would be great to see as many Hibs supporters as possible join the cause, if they can afford to do so”

We really hope you feel able to help and every person who makes a one of donation of £50 will be entered into a draw with the winning prize being a day in the Directors Box for a Category A fixture ( with a friend ) as well as lunch with Paul and Robbie.

To make a donation please log in to your Mrmbers section on our web site.

Non members can also donate at https://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate/

James Adie

Chairman

Let’s Back Heckie
    After our latest subscription for shares I am delighted to confirm that we now own 18.16 % of our Club, having donated over £700,000. This is a remarkable achievement for us, and I want to say thank you so much for your kind and generous donations to date.

Your money has brought players to the Club who would not have been here otherwise and as a result we helped the Team get back into the top flight and of course delivered the Scottish Cup. You played your part in this team effort.

We are closing in on one of our initial milestones, While we could easily just wait and allow the passage of time to deliver this, I am writing to you to make a special appeal for some extra support. The reason for this is quite simple.

When we were down at East Mains recently meeting Paul and Robbie, they could not have been more welcoming. Without hesitation, after hearing about HSL and our members, they chose to join because they wanted to help us. I’m sure you will understand why in return we promised to do everything we could to help them. With this in mind we are asking you if you would consider making a one-offdonation of £50 to HSL. If we could get 1000 of our Members to make such a donation, we could deliver an extra £50,000 to Paul and Robbie.

We are often asked where our donations go so please allow my fellow HSL Director and Club CEO Leeann Dempster provide the answer :

“I want to give all HSL contributors my assurance that every single penny of their donation is directed straight to our Head Coach to spend on player wages or transfer fees, and nothing else. As I have said in the past the Board of the Club really appreciate the efforts of HSL Members and it would be great to see as many Hibs supporters as possible join the cause, if they can afford to do so”

We really hope you feel able to help and every person who makes a one of donation of £50 will be entered into a draw with the winning prize being a day in the Directors Box for a Category A fixture ( with a friend ) as well as lunch with Paul and Robbie.

James Adie

Chairman

2. Log in to remove the advert

Does anyone check the HSL email inbox? Sent 4 emails and not one reply. Cancelled my DD 'til it's sorted.

Pay what you can. I pay £10 a month on pay day. I know we all can’t pay. But if we look at Hearts and Aberdeen they have similar schemes and are paying much more than us. GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone check the HSL email inbox? Sent 4 emails and not one reply. Cancelled my DD 'til it's sorted.
    Scott

We are sorry to hear this. As far as we are aware we are up to date with emails ( we don't really get many ). Would you mind trying again and also please send a pm with your details.

HSL

I have renewed my season ticket for next year. I would more than happily sign up if all the money went to the transfer budget and HSL were transparent about how the figures have been deployed thus far.

The club budget at the start of the season and the McGinn money will
    most likely be staggered in instalments which would then suggest that HSL payments ‘may’ have been used to pay off Lennon and the backroom staff.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by York Hibees View Post
    I have renewed my season ticket for next year. I would more than happily sign up if all the money went to the transfer budget and HSL were transparent about how the figures have been deployed thus far.

most likely be staggered in instalments which would then suggest that HSL payments ‘may’ have been used to pay off Lennon and the backroom staff.
    Did you miss this part?

How you come to that conclusion is baffling
    in response to yorks post

York

While we may not have started this thread it would still be really nice if we could keep this thread positive. Our efforts are not helped by anyone giving even the slightest suggestion that our Manager is not receiving all of our donations. We are not sure just how clearer Leeann could have been with her statement. Regarding our transparency, we just don't know what further clarity you are looking for.

If you can afford to donate, it would be great to have your assistance.

HSL

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Did you miss this part?

Maybe include in a myths busting sticky ... dunno what the club can do can’t go round chapping on people’s doors.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

I’m
    Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    York

While we may not have started this thread it would still be really nice if we could keep this thread positive. Our efforts are not helped by anyone giving even the slightest suggestion that our Manager is not receiving all of our donations. We are not sure just how clearer Leeann could have been with her statement. Regarding our transparency, we just don't know what further clarity you are looking for.

If you can afford to donate, it would be great to have your assistance.

HSL
    It’s not negative I think it’s a fair question?

I asked an HSL representative on here last season for a rough breakdown of how the funds to date were deployed and the response was that they have give the money to the club to use in anyway they choose and have no information on how it has been used to date.

Your response would suggest this has now changed?
    Last edited by Bob Box Fish; 30-03-2019 at 08:33 AM.

@hibs.net private member

I asked an HSL representative on here last season for a rough breakdown of how the funds to date were deployed and the response was that they have give the money to the club to use in anyway they choose and have no information on how it has been used to date is available.

You’re asking a question that has already been answered in the OP of this very thread

You’re asking a question that has already been answered in the OP of this very thread
    It doesn't matter how many times it's said, some people just don't want to see it.

I asked an HSL representative on here last season for a rough breakdown of how the funds to date were deployed and the response was that they have give the money to the club to use in anyway they choose and have no information on how it has been used to date is available.

York

Not sure that we would have responded in the manner that you describe. The Club do not "use the money in anyway they choose". As Leeann has once again confirmed it is given to the Manager to spend on wages and transfer fees.

Clearly we have not funded every single wage packet or every single transfer fee but we have helped towards these. If you are asking how much went to Player A's wage and how much went to players B's wage and how much went to player C's transfer fee, we can't give you that figure. If that is your question, do you feel that it is a reasonable one ?

HSL

First Team Breakthrough
    Done and keep up the good work anything that helps us .GGTH

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post

James Adie

Chairman

Let’s Back Heckie

James Adie

Chairman

Did you miss this part?

And York hibs manages to read that as 'do what they please'

It's insane.

@hibs.net private member
    I’m

I asked an HSL representative on here last season for a rough breakdown of how the funds to date were deployed and the response was that they have give the money to the club to use in anyway they choose and have no information on how it has been used to date.

“I want to give all HSL contributors my assurance that every single penny of their donation is directed straight to our Head Coach to spend on player wages or transfer fees, and nothing else.”

Just in case you missed it!

To be fair to you, I had to spend at least 20 seconds looking at the first post in this thread to find that. Understandable how you could miss it. :)

I agree with Hsl poster let’s keep this positive no problems with genuine queries/questions with good intentions I like many hibbys contribute monthly what I can afford I would ask as many fellow hibbys to do the same anything you can afford it’s a great cause keep up the good work Ggtth

Quote Originally Posted by Gmack7 View Post
    How you come to that conclusion is baffling
    in response to yorks post
    York was saying he didn’t know where the cash was going. The answer was in the OP - just as the other poster pointed out.

And just made the donation too. Hopefully you’ll reach this milestone.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    York was saying he didn’t know where the cash was going. The answer was in the OP - just as the other poster pointed out.
    I assumed, although difficult with no punctuation, that he was aiming his post at York

I assumed, although difficult with no punctuation, that he was aiming his post at York
    Ah just read it again and you could be right. Apologies to gmack for the misinterpretation. Quoting the original post would have avoided the confusion. Cheers bud 👍

@hibs.net private member Groathillgrump's Avatar
    Okay, I'm convinced! Just signed up to HSL with a monthly donation.

@hibs.net private member Shetland_Hibby's Avatar
    Donation sent.
    GGTTH

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar

James Adie

Chairman

Let’s Back Heckie

James Adie

Chairman

Please could I ask what hitting this target will mean.

We raise £50,000, it is given to the manager, then what?

Is that a new player, a signing on fee etc?

In other words, what’s the significance of £50k as opposed to say £25k or £75k?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Please could I ask what hitting this target will mean.

We raise £50,000, it is given to the manager, then what?

Is that a new player, a signing on fee etc?

In other words, what’s the significance of £50k as opposed to say £25k or £75k?

Thank you.
    It's probably something as mysterious as a target figure they agreed on.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    From memory the £50k thing has been in place from the start.

They don’t hand over a few quid now and then, they wait until they hit £50k then hand it over and wait to raise another 50 and so on.

James Adie

Chairman

Let’s Back Heckie

James Adie

Chairman
    Jim, can you change the info to a link as having difficulty finding anything on Hibs website.
    Thanks

I hope this turns into a successful appeal for HSL, the fact that its being issued at the time when folk are looking for cash to renew their season tickets says to me that it probably wont be. I would love to ante up fifty quid for this, but it aint happening for that reason.

Besides, I feel that as things stand they would be far better served upping their efforts to attract regular contributors and promoting the idea that the aim is to attract folk who will continue to put money in after HSL stop being a share buying entity, which is what I'm fully committed to doing, rather than have one off appeals like this one.

That's not me being negative, just realistic, sorry guys

Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    York

Not sure that we would have responded in the manner that you describe. The Club do not "use the money in anyway they choose". As Leeann has once again confirmed it is given to the Manager to spend on wages and transfer fees.

Clearly we have not funded every single wage packet or every single transfer fee but we have helped towards these. If you are asking how much went to Player A's wage and how much went to players B's wage and how much went to player C's transfer fee, we can't give you that figure. If that is your question, do you feel that it is a reasonable one ?

HSL
    This was your response when I asked last year-

York Hibees

We can't answer your question as we don't know. We have never asked for a detailed breakdown of how the Football Department spend our donations. Our guess is that most, if not all of our Members are happy to leave Leeann, George and Neil to make those decisions. From what we have seen on the park so far, they seem to be making good choices. As we have said on other threads, we collectively have an ownership stake in the Club, it is for the Club Executive to run the Club.

HSL

Clearly you never knew that’s why I was asking if that has now changed.... hope you feel that’s a reasonable question now ....

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    This was your response when I asked last year-

York Hibees

We can't answer your question as we don't know. We have never asked for a detailed breakdown of how the Football Department spend our donations. Our guess is that most, if not all of our Members are happy to leave Leeann, George and Neil to make those decisions. From what we have seen on the park so far, they seem to be making good choices. As we have said on other threads, we collectively have an ownership stake in the Club, it is for the Club Executive to run the Club.

HSL

Clearly you never knew that’s why I was asking if that has now changed.... hope you feel that’s a reasonable question now ....
    I'm at a loss as to how you come to that conclusion from the response given.