hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They could hammer any nation on their day. And the worrying thing is they are only going to get better and better with the facilities they have down south developing players.
    I agree, but I'm sure there's money to be made on laying England for a while yet 😀

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    Mmm I work with mainly English, Smoggies in particular. They believe it!
    They got to a semi final and are still improving. Sometimes supporting a team involves dreaming about the impossible. I won’t grudge them that.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Left by mutual consent!
    They will win the Euros, them or France.
    I've been saying Belgium for the last two major tournaments but they never seem to be able to turn up when it matters

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    I've been saying Belgium for the last two major tournaments but they never seem to be able to turn up when it matters
    Did better than England in Russia.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    They got to a semi final and are still improving. Sometimes supporting a team involves dreaming about the impossible. I won’t grudge them that.
    No of course not. But the route to the semi wasn't the hardest was it? They are forgetting that. Still all bluster yet.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Something has changed about England since Hodgson left in 2016. They will win a major tournament nae bother soon. Have to be one of the favourites for Euro 2020.

The sooner we accept it the easier it'll be for us when it happens.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Did better than England in Russia.
    They did indeed but to throw a 1-0 lead against Wales showed their mental strength in these competitions

3-1.

Easy to slag them but I'm impressed. Young team in a hostile atmosphere doing a professional job efficiently.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Gareth Southgate has done a great job. They appear to have a good team spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    They did indeed but to throw a 1-0 lead against Wales showed their mental strength in these competitions
    Yeah, they choked in the euros but looked stronger in the world cup.

The best thing Southgate has done is give young players a chance. Not 10 or 15 minutes here or there. Proper game time in proper matches. They all play in their own position and if they do well they keep their place. They’re all well aware of that so they’re desperate to turn up and impress.

No of course not. But the route to the semi wasn't the hardest was it? They are forgetting that. Still all bluster yet.
    if only we got easy games as well like Kazakhstan and San Marino when we play competitive games. We’d be world beaters as well.
    They reached a World Cup semi final. No matter how they got their it was still a significant achievement.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Something has changed about England since Hodgson left in 2016. They will win a major tournament nae bother soon. Have to be one of the favourites for Euro 2020.

The sooner we accept it the easier it'll be for us when it happens.
    Agree, Southgate has done really well, not frightened to bring young players in & the whole set up at all age levels is so professional. Can only look with envy when you compare it to the Scotland set up. Still we live in hope.
    Last edited by Lago; 25-03-2019 at 08:09 PM.

England always skoosh the qualifiers. When it really matters we all know what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    England always skoosh the qualifiers. When it really matters we all know what happens.
    Yeh,they get into a World Cup semi.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    if only we got easy games as well like Kazakhstan and San Marino when we play competitive games. We’d be world beaters as well.
    They reached a World Cup semi final. No matter how they got their it was still a significant achievement.
    I agree reaching a WC semi is something to be proud of. But the route there shouldnt spark thoughts of winning the Euros

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Yeah, they choked in the euros but looked stronger in the world cup.
    They have only lost 2 games since September 2016, you can never rule them out and I'm sure they will be there or there about but I just don't think they have that bit extra to win something. We will see

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Pity we couldn't.

I think the key for England is getting Sterling to perform consistently. Bags of talent but doesn't always turn up. He's looked very lively tonight and is such a huge asset on the break as he just showed there.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent!
    I think that players being in form for their club has a big impact on the international stage. The likes of Walker, Maguire, Alli and Kane were in incredible form leading up to their world cup campaign.

They now have the likes of Rice, Chilwell, Sterling, Rashford and Sancho who have improved incredibly well this season and have been arguably some of the best youngsters in Europe.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I enjoy watching them which is more than I can say about our bunch of so called football players. Sad but true.

Left by mutual consent!
    Southgate can’t lose after taking them over and leading them to the semis of the wc when expected to do nothing.

What he’s doing now is playing a team with the shackles off, no pressure, he’s a legend anyway and it’s showing ok the pitch with the freedom and movement of tactics and players playing instead of superstar individuals to reply on. They’ve torn apart two decent teams over the weekend, it’s good to watch and looks fun. **** sake 5.

Coaching Staff
    5th goal perfect!
    Pass, movement, goal!

Left by mutual consent!
    5-1 up and they are still pressuring the defence. Their attitude is top notch.

I agree reaching a WC semi is something to be proud of. But the route there shouldnt spark thoughts of winning the Euros
    If Scotland had done that I’d be dreaming of winning the Euros no matter how unrealistic it was. It’s what fans do.
    Remember that time Peru and Iran stopped us from winning the World Cup? Thank **** we had the victory parade before the team headed off to Argentina.

Southgate can’t lose after taking them over and leading them to the semis of the wc when expected to do nothing.

What he’s doing now is playing a team with the shackles off, no pressure, he’s a legend anyway and it’s showing ok the pitch with the freedom and movement of tactics and players playing instead of superstar individuals to reply on. They’ve torn apart two decent teams over the weekend, it’s good to watch and looks fun. **** sake 5.
    Every English player will be desperate to be in that squad at the minute. It looks a great environment to play football in.

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Need to book next years holiday around the finals weekend at this rate jesus.
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

5-1

Unfortunately this England team are going to get better and better. FFS they are playing 18 year old who tonight has had his first professional start.

Meanwhile, at Scotland......

It's embarrassing.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Every English player will be desperate to be in that squad at the minute. It looks a great environment to play football in.
    Which is a massive contrast to the individuals who looked like they wanted to be anywhere but playing for their country or like our squad the now. I agree it looks brand new, as it does in Wales. This England team are special though as a team and like pointed out they are all developing as teams at the other levels too.

All this circle jerking just makes the first listen of "it's coming home" after they've inevitably been papped out again on penalties in the latter stages all the more pleasurable.