Gash.
    He’ll end up on a big contract at Melbourne City then😉

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

More fool melbourne city then.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    😁 Very good 👍
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Was there any possibility that he was a star at such a young age simply because he was significantly older than what was claimed? That would seem to tally up given how drastic his fall from the big time has been

@hibs.net private member
    What was he on per week at Chelsea?

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeemikey21 View Post
    Was there any possibility that he was a star at such a young age simply because he was significantly older than what was claimed? That would seem to tally up given how drastic his fall from the big time has been
    Or he just isn't very good, plenty of players looked really good when younger and ended up not making it, he was just lucky he got a long contract from chelsea

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    Or he just isn't very good, plenty of players looked really good when younger and ended up not making it, he was just lucky he got a long contract from chelsea
    He wasn’t lucky. He was an exceptional talent coming through. Best player in a generation by miles.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    He wasn’t lucky. He was an exceptional talent coming through. Best player in a generation by miles.
    Based on what

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    Based on what
    On how he played at youth level before he went to Chelsea, how Celtic where desperate to keep him in the country and based on Chelsea then spent millions on him and his family.

Left by mutual consent!
    On how he played at youth level before he went to Chelsea, how Celtic where desperate to keep him in the country and based on Chelsea then spent millions on him and his family.
    And that makes him the best player in a generation...by miles

Ok

Coaching Staff
    Based on what
    I know a couple of guys who knew Islam when he was a youngster and he actually started to play football in a community 'street' football league in Glasgow (in Sighthill if I recall), bit like a 'midnight football league' to get kids off the streets at night. His issues started because he was very quickly identified as an incredible young footballer and Celtic quickly signed him on silly money for one so young. He still attended the street football league shortly after this happened and by all accounts an 'entourage' of adults came down to influence Islam and also prevent the guys running it from having him there. The two guys I knew were of the opinion that the adults around him were immediately taking advantage and only had money and cash as their sole interest and were a wholly bad influence on the young boy.

From what I have seen and heard it's those around him that will sadly see him never fulfil his potential. Very easily impressionable and if clubs like Celtic and Chelsea can't divert him away from off field distractions then the lad has no hope and only himself (now) to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    What was he on per week at Chelsea?
    The figure I heard was 16k a week

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    I know a couple of guys who knew Islam when he was a youngster and he actually started to play football in a community 'street' football league in Glasgow (in Sighthill if I recall), bit like a 'midnight football league' to get kids off the streets at night. His issues started because he was very quickly identified as an incredible young footballer and Celtic quickly signed him on silly money for one so young. He still attended the street football league shortly after this happened and by all accounts an 'entourage' of adults came down to influence Islam and also prevent the guys running it from having him there. The two guys I knew were of the opinion that the adults around him were immediately taking advantage and only had money and cash as their sole interest and were a wholly bad influence on the young boy.

From what I have seen and heard it's those around him that will sadly see him never fulfil his potential. Very easily impressionable and if clubs like Celtic and Chelsea can't divert him away from off field distractions then the lad has no hope and only himself (now) to blame.
    My pal went to school with him

I was also the referee for one of his games for Celtic

I've seen far better

Left by mutual consent!

I've seen far better
    Like who?

Left by mutual consent!
    And that makes him the best player in a generation...by miles

Ok
    Yes it does. Miles better than anyone in the Scotland squad now or in the pat 10 years at his age. Ask Andrew Robertson.

Coaching Staff

I've seen far better
    Like you, I've seen hundreds of lads who were extremely talented but never made it - sometimes because Scottish youth football is so full of nepotism and who you know it hurts.

I'm only passing on what I heard from guys who have good judgement. I also played with young footballers who carved out excellent careers but were not the best youth footballers compared to others I played alongside. Often it's a combination of luck, work ethic, commitment and desire.

He's probably made more money than most of us ever will. Shows how crazy football is.

Left by mutual consent!
    Like who?
    Gauld was a better player

As was a young Calum McGregor

The best talent in a generation chat is crazy....he got lucky with a move

Left by mutual consent!
    Yes it does. Miles better than anyone in the Scotland squad now or in the pat 10 years at his age. Ask Andrew Robertson.
    You said in a generation

That's not 10 years

Left by mutual consent!

Neither where anywhere near Feruz.

Left by mutual consent!
    You said in a generation

That's not 10 years
    Okay best since Ian Durrant I was assured.

Coaching Staff

I played with a guy called Brian Ryrie (from Bilston) decades ago who would have had Gauld on toast - he ended up in the juniors but as a kid was an absolute standout. Who then got 'talent spotted' - Sandy Robertson - one of the poorest players in the league but his old man had the contacts. Often in football it's not how good you are but who you know - which is scandalous and it absolutely affects a young boy's desire and enthusiasm when they see players around them who are not as good, elevated to 'stardom'. Youngsters don't have the resilience adults do and it's so easy now for young players to get distracted, disenchanted and move on to doing other things - often less positive in a lifestyle sense.

I also played alongside Lee Bullen. Great guy and someone who is the blueprint for making a great career from hard work, commitment and never being distracted. Never the best player but always one you wanted in your side due to his character and dependability. He also had great family around him to keep him focused but he made a career for himself through sheer hard work (himself).

Scottish football is scandalous for missing out on real talent at youth level. The performance schools are going down a horrible route of producing youngsters who already think they've 'made it' at age 13 ! And their trial system and selection policy is objective to say the least.

Left by mutual consent!
    Neither where anywhere near Feruz.
    You're basing this on ONE move to Chelsea when he was 16

That doesn't make him a once in a generation talent

A once in a generation player doesn't go on and play a grand total of 23 games by the age of 23

You're living on another planet

Left by mutual consent!
    I played with a guy called Brian Ryrie (from Bilston) decades ago who would have had Gauld on toast - he ended up in the juniors but as a kid was an absolute standout. Who then got 'talent spotted' - Sandy Robertson - one of the poorest players in the league but his old man had the contacts. Often in football it's not how good you are but who you know - which is scandalous and it absolutely affects a young boy's desire and enthusiasm when they see players around them who are not as good, elevated to 'stardom'. Youngsters don't have the resilience adults do and it's so easy now for young players to get distracted, disenchanted and move on to doing other things - often less positive in a lifestyle sense.

I also played alongside Lee Bullen. Great guy and someone who is the blueprint for making a great career from hard work, commitment and never being distracted. Never the best player but always one you wanted in your side due to his character and dependability. He also had great family around him to keep him focused but he made a career for himself through sheer hard work (himself).

Scottish football is scandalous for missing out on real talent at youth level. The performance schools are going down a horrible route of producing youngsters who already think they've 'made it' at age 13 ! And their trial system and selection policy is objective to say the least.
    But none were as good as Islam Feruz as I've heard he is once in a generation

Left by mutual consent!
    You're basing this on ONE move to Chelsea when he was 16

That doesn't make him a once in a generation talent

A once in a generation player doesn't go on and play a grand total of 23 games by the age of 23

You're living on another planet
    No I’m basing it on how good he was at youth level before his move to Chelsea. Enough of your insults already, away back to ripping into Hibs.

Left by mutual consent!
    But none were as good as Islam Feruz as I've heard he is once in a generation
    Your retort was McGregor. 😂😂😂 he wasn’t even in the same postcode as Feruz when at Celtic.

Coaching Staff

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    The boy can play and might still come good but it all depends on who wants to give him a chance
    Hibs gave him a chance and he was poor. The only time he got his name in the papers with us was when he was caught driving his Porche through Glasgow while banned. He is everything that is wrong with modern football

Left by mutual consent!
    No I’m basing it on how good he was at youth level before his move to Chelsea. Enough of your insults already, away back to ripping into Hibs.
    What level?

As I said I can only judge on what I saw with my own eyes.

When did you see him play because I doubt you ever did

Left by mutual consent!
    Your retort was McGregor. ������ he wasn’t even in the same postcode as Feruz when at Celtic.
    Who was a better player when he was younger. We have countless examples.

Michael Stewart ended up at Man Utd...they're a bigger club than Chelsea

Once in a generation though eh?