hibs.net Messageboard

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Be interesting to read this tomorrow, and ultimately, where it leaves those who put their money in expecting fan ownership down the line.

While on one level it’s commendable that Hearts fans have contributed so much, it’s difficult to see what benefit they have got or will get from this.

I read somewhere people paying £100/£200 per month since 2014 which is astonishing. One guy admired it meant sacrifices at home but was proud to contribute. So what have they achieved:-

- Raised £8m with majority going to club in running costs
    - Pay back Budge and essentially fund her disasterous main stand cost over run bu c80%
    - zero football success and finished behind Hibs last season who have reached two major finals and won one of them in that time
    - hemorrhaged cash on major squad overhauls, wasting £££s on dud players.
    - now admission that Budge will comtnue to run the club, her way, all the decisions made by her so little change.
    - Levein will continue at the club in one capacity or another given the special relationship they have.
    - maybe a shiny share certificate is issued so at least that is something.

They should be well ahead on and off the park but in reality stumble from one transition to another. If I was involved in running FOH and had overseen raising of £8m (almost 4 times Budge investment) I would be demanding a far more powerful influence on the board. That guy Wallace is a patsy.
    Last edited by Col2; 23-03-2019 at 10:37 PM.