hibs.net Messageboard

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, I'd rather tickets were distributed fairly using a points system meaning those who have been to the most away games get first dibs, those who don't bother bother with the unattractive away days like Motherwell or Hamilton should not be in the same bracket as away day regulars.

If we had a points system I'd go to more away games like Motherwell and Hamilton.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post

If we had a points system I'd go to more away games like Motherwell and Hamilton.
    No doubt you'll get the usual saying that it means nothing because the money goes to the other team. But having a large backing at away games contributes to the team imo.

Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    No doubt you'll get the usual saying that it means nothing because the money goes to the other team. But having a large backing at away games contributes to the team imo.
    Appreciate you being considerate and adding "in my opinion" at the end, but let's be honest, it's an objective fact. The more supporters you have at a game the better your chances of winning it. It's one of many factors that can help sway the outcome of a football match.

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    Appreciate you being considerate and adding "in my opinion" at the end, but let's be honest, it's an objective fact. The more supporters you have at a game the better your chances of winning it. It's one of many factors that can help sway the outcome of a football match.
    It's a pity not everyone shares the same view

Loyalty points used to sway me to go to games. They dont anymore cause they dont exist now.

First Team Breakthrough Green-Hibee-7's Avatar
    Forgive my memory but at the time did people not kick up a fuss because you started to be awarded points for things like buying into HSL?

For me it’s simple. Ditch the word ‘loyalty’ - bring in a points system based on tickets bought. No add ons like HSL etc and let it run its course. There will be a reduction in arguments and anger at the club because of a slow website (buying in less traffic = faster). I think between fans less arguments also because you can’t really argue with the fact that those who go to more games would have more points therefore more chance of first dibs on the tickets.

For places like Tynecastle if it was 3800 seats and limited to 1 ticket per client ref, through the different waves of selling, those who have went to all games down to those who have been to a couple would be catered for in the ticket sale process.

Realistically clubs of a similar size like Hearts and Aberdeen have systems in place that I never see arguments for.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Green-Hibee-7 View Post
    Forgive my memory but at the time did people not kick up a fuss because you started to be awarded points for things like buying into HSL?

For me it’s simple. Ditch the word ‘loyalty’ - bring in a points system based on tickets bought. No add ons like HSL etc and let it run its course. There will be a reduction in arguments and anger at the club because of a slow website (buying in less traffic = faster). I think between fans less arguments also because you can’t really argue with the fact that those who go to more games would have more points therefore more chance of first dibs on the tickets.

For places like Tynecastle if it was 3800 seats and limited to 1 ticket per client ref, through the different waves of selling, those who have went to all games down to those who have been to a couple would be catered for in the ticket sale process.

Realistically clubs of a similar size like Hearts and Aberdeen have systems in place that I never see arguments for.
    Remember, not all 3800 go on sale to the ST holders, I reckon there must be 600-1000 tickets creamed off the top of Tynecastle tickets as AST get allocated 1 each, players and staff get as many as they like then the Edinburgh suite folk get a couple each plus club sponsors get their share too, not necessarily in that order either!
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Green-Hibee-7 View Post

That is how straightforward it is although plenty seem to disagree, I don't get why myself.

Club points? 10 pts for attending a game.Smaller points for buying a top from the club shop, donating to HSL?
    It’s all a bit non existant the way it is.

@hibs.net private member
    At the two points where Tynecastle tickets have gone on sale? Yes.

We were second in the table in October when the scramble happened.

We've shot up the table and are second in the form table right now.

Mark my words, we will go back to not selling the Roseburn soon enough if the success at Hibs dries up. And as much as some posters slate Hermit Crab, he'll be there regardless, which is more than can be said for a lot of Hibs fans.

From about 2008 until 2016, there was never a scramble for an away derby. In the Sergio era, we would genuinely struggle to shift half the stand. Then, as the song goes, up stepped Paul Hanlon. And suddenly a lot of Hibs fans want to go to Tynecastle.

They're resilient if nothing else, because we never ****ing win there. A couple more defeats and I reckon the scramble will lessen. Of course, if Dempster had a sense of fair play, loyalty points would be brought back tomorrow. But she'd rather cater to part timers who will abandon Hibs the first season that things go wrong.
    We sold out the Paul Hanlon match. Seem to remember the O'connor and Riordan game and thr relegation party were sold out. Probably other games as well but don't let the facts get in the way of a good moan.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    We sold out the Paul Hanlon match. Seem to remember the O'connor and Riordan game and thr relegation party were sold out. Probably other games as well but don't let the facts get in the way of a good moan.
    I said "scramble", not sell out.

A scramble is what we have nowadays, thousands of folk all fighting it out online for a ticket.

We did sell out the Hanlon game, but it wasn't instantaneous at all.

The relegation derby didn't become a relegation derby until 24 hours before the game, when unexpected results occurred. So again, there was no scramble.

Don't let facts get in the way of a ***** retort.

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    Its an opinion that the players, past and present, agree with.

First Team Breakthrough hailhail22's Avatar
    I said "scramble", not sell out.

A scramble is what we have nowadays, thousands of folk all fighting it out online for a ticket.

We did sell out the Hanlon game, but it wasn't instantaneous at all.

The relegation derby didn't become a relegation derby until 24 hours before the game, when unexpected results occurred. So again, there was no scramble.

Don't let facts get in the way of a ***** retort.

We did sell out the Hanlon game very fast, I can remember because I just got through to the ticket office and it sold out when I was on the phone so I missed out on a ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    Club sponsors don’t get away tickets as the norm

Are you sure?
    Last edited by Hermit Crab; 23-03-2019 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hailhail22 View Post
    We did sell out the Hanlon game very fast, I can remember because I just got through to the ticket office and it sold out when I was on the phone so I missed out on a ticket
    We had a Loyalty Points system in place at that time, so I can assure you we didn't. Maybe when it opened up to STs who didn't do aways it did, but by then people who followed Hibs all over Scotland that season had been sorted with a ticket. A fair system, you might say.

First Team Breakthrough hailhail22's Avatar
    We had a Loyalty Points system in place at that time, so I can assure you we didn't. Maybe when it opened up to STs who didn't do aways it did, but by then people who followed Hibs all over Scotland that season had been sorted with a ticket. A fair system, you might say.
    Fair enough however we sold out as fast as we could have with the loyalty system in place, we didn’t not sell out instantaneously because there was a lack of interest or because it was before we won the cup which is how I am reading your post, each points tier would of had a day or 2 to buy their tickets so when ticket sales went on sale to all other ST holders they couldn’t have sold any faster.

I do agree with you that there were periods when it would take a while to sell out and sometimes didn’t sell out, a lot of the away derbies a few years ago if you wanted a ticket you would get one, am also all for loyalty points as well.

Fair enough however we sold out as fast as we could have with the loyalty system in place, we didn’t not sell out instantaneously because there was a lack of interest or because it was before we won the cup which is how I am reading your post, each points tier would of had a day or 2 to buy their tickets so when ticket sales went on sale to all other ST holders they couldn’t have sold any faster.

I do agree with you that there were periods when it would take a while to sell out and sometimes didn’t sell out, a lot of the away derbies a few years ago if you wanted a ticket you would get one, am also all for loyalty points as well.

There was a period where about 5 or 6 away derbies in a row that didn't sell out iirc. It wasn't just sometimes, it was quite a lot of the time.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    people who followed Hibs all over Scotland that season had been sorted with a ticket. A fair system, you might say.
    Similar to how AST holders get sorted first with their tickets now?

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    I think Hibs fans based on the Fylde Coast should get first priority.

'S' Form
    They 100% do. Tickets are offered well in advance of general sale.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Similar to how AST holders get sorted first with their tickets now?
    There should be a middle ground between financially committing to 19 away games and never going to an away game, don’t you think?

First Team Breakthrough Green-Hibee-7's Avatar
    Remember, not all 3800 go on sale to the ST holders, I reckon there must be 600-1000 tickets creamed off the top of Tynecastle tickets as AST get allocated 1 each, players and staff get as many as they like then the Edinburgh suite folk get a couple each plus club sponsors get their share too, not necessarily in that order either!
    Get what you mean but I still think it’s a large enough allocation that would still see the majority of people who attend a range of games get a chance of a ticket.

We probably have what? 850-1000 (probably less?) who go to every away game be it away season ticket holders or those that aren’t in the scheme but go every game.

Thinking of games this season Ibrox and Parkhead were our lowest away crowds (due to allocation) being about 850-900? Highest Livingston 2-3 thousand? (Excluding hearts). We probably average about 1200-1400 away fans for other games. To me looking at the figures even as basic as that whether you go to 3 or 4 away games or them all there looks to be enough tickets for Tynecastle for both every away game attender and those who do a fair amount. Which is exactly what a points system should protect. It gives you a fair shot. Unlike the current system where you get lumped in with people who don’t go to ER or any away games but happen to have access to a client ref.

The stubbornness of Leanne not to even listen to it when for me the failure first time round was deviating away from just giving points for attending games and giving them for things like HSL is frustrating.

It doesn’t really affect me thankfully as I get tickets for every game via AST but feel for others on days like Friday.

There was a period where about 5 or 6 away derbies in a row that didn't sell out iirc. It wasn't just sometimes, it was quite a lot of the time.
    Which period of time was this? I can remember the odd game later on in seasons not selling out, I certainly cannot remember as many as 6 in a row now selling out.

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    Which period of time was this? I can remember the odd game later on in seasons not selling out, I certainly cannot remember as many as 6 in a row now selling out.
    Ones I can remember that didn't sell out with pretty sizeable gaps...

0-2 in 2007 (McNeil howler)
    1-0 in 2009? (Casper)
    2-1 in 2013 (Caldwell)

There's maybe a few that had 100 or so left by kick off. Looking back I can see about three or four - no consecutively though - ranging through Hughes to Fenlon - probably would've sold out any early season or New Year game at Tynecastle though, regardless of how rotten we were.

Quote Originally Posted by RicheyWhite View Post
    Ones I can remember that didn't sell out with pretty sizeable gaps...

0-2 in 2007 (McNeil howler)
    1-0 in 2009? (Casper)
    2-1 in 2013 (Caldwell)

There's maybe a few that had 100 or so left by kick off. Looking back I can see about three or four - no consecutively though - ranging through Hughes to Fenlon - probably would've sold out any early season or New Year game at Tynecastle though, regardless of how rotten we were.
    They’re the ones I remember. The odd one where there were a few tickets left but I can’t believe there were 5/6 in a row as I remember queuing up overnight for a lot of early season and new year derbies.

There was a period Hearts didn't sell out their allocation at Easter Road. A good couple of seasons anyway. They put it down to a boycott. Just a coincidence we had the upper hand back then.....

As an employee as one of the club sponsors I can tell you that we 100% do not get offered away tickets as normal practice.
    Perhaps it's based on the level of sponsorship? I would imagine the major sponsors like Marathon Bet and Eden Mill would have certain privileges that more junior partners don't.

edit - unless it's Marathon Bet you work for in which case I'm talking rubbish

Left by mutual consent!
    Its pure pot luck. I know guys who go to two away games a season and thats the derbies

Left by mutual consent!
    They do if they advertise on the trackside. They get offered 2 away tickets for every game. My mate is one of them.

Left by mutual consent!
    We advertise on the trackside (both facing the fans and the pitch) in the programme, sponsor the team line up announcements, are in partnership with Hibs and Hearts for many things. We get lots of signed shirts, balls and other framed signed memorabilia but do not get offered any tickets for away games from either club. We can as sponsors ask to see if we can get any but we don’t get any as normal practice.
    There must be different levels of advertising. My pal who has an advertising board right beside the dugout doesn't get any freebies at all but is offered the chance to buy 2 tickets for every away game.