hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I found a bright shiny 1p piece on my way to the turnstiles. I immediately identified it as a 'lucky penny'.

Framed in my living room with my match ticket.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’ve got nothing. Missed it by being on holiday in Alaska. (Booked before the 2015 cup final)
    Threads like this just rub it in so stop it ya bunch of lucky beeeees. 😢
    Ive always wondered what it must have been like watching live on tv ? I knew as soon as we scored it was won and time passed in what felt like an instant though my mate said watching it live the last 4 minutes felt like 40 minutes 😂

Quote Originally Posted by JimboHibs View Post
    Ive always wondered what it must have been like watching live on tv ? I knew as soon as we scored it was won and time passed in what felt like an instant though my mate said watching it live the last 4 minutes felt like 40 minutes 😂
    Can only speak for myself but I had a feeling we were going to win as soon as Stokes equalised so I wasn't afraid of Sevco getting a third. That said, it was a long wait for the final whistle to confirm us as Scottish Cup winners.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Can only speak for myself but I had a feeling we were going to win as soon as Stokes equalised so I wasn't afraid of Sevco getting a third. That said, it was a long wait for the final whistle to confirm us as Scottish Cup winners.
    My sphincter relaxing when the cross field pass whent out for bye kick

Well, having been an ST holder for a few years in the mid-90s and then having stopped going, I wasn't about to rock up at a final. I always think a fan has to 'earn' the right for a day like that - no judgement on others, I just know it wasn't for me. Anyway, I studiously avoided anything cup final related that day. Couldn't bear it. The LC final that year and then the playoff last few minutes were a nightmare even for p*(* poor 'fan' like me.

I broke and turned on the tv to see SDG's goal go in and I couldn't believe what was happening. I may have said to Mrs Me that 'our tv has broken because it's got us leading with only seconds to go...that can't be right'.

Anyhoo, bigger things than me that day. Didn't mean a huge amount to me, but I did think of all the guys I went to the games with and those who sat around us and wondered how they were feeling and I felt very calm and uplifted. I can't imagine what you all went through.

ive got my programme signed by most of the squad, that liam fontaine got for me, im going to frame it with my match ticket and team sheet.

Adding to someone above losing their ticket, i keep all my tickets.

I had all the programmes and tickets from the 07 league cup win, my mate offered to get them framed, his dad was a framer, his dad took not well, so i left it.

When i went to him to get my stuff back quite a while later, he had lost them. i was gutted.

My only consolation is he worked for hibs as well, and that's where he lost them, somewhere inside easter road, they are in a cupboard or office, i suppose if they are anywhere, that's the best place

I have kept my ticket, programme, scarf and some grass from the Hampden pitch in an envelope.

All these items are in a box in the spare room. Also have a Persevered T-shirt in the box.

I kept some of the clothes I wore on the day of the final for while as well. A green checked shirt and socks with a bit of green in them. I always wore this shirt and socks whenever we played Hearts after we won the cup.

This shirt and socks went on a nine game unbeaten run against Hearts until they finally beat us last year. I thought about keeping them but they were getting worn out so binned them recently.

I look in the box at the cup final mementos now and again. Will never throw this out.

I have numerous programmes from the run. I bought extra copies from the programme publisher for the Hearts and Inverness games for some reason, glad I did now! The only ones Im missing are the away games. Does anyone know if anyone is selling copies of them?

I bought a programme that day for the first time in decades and my daughter asked why and I really didn't know. I still have it and our tickets and a photo of me kneeling on the pitch holding my scarf aloft in roughly the position from where SDG scored. I also managed to get a few photo's of an ecstatic girl who I do not know and have never met. I keep thinking one day I'll see her at ER and be able to show her the pictures in case she wants them. Never seen her yet.......

@hibs.net private member tanfield's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    I have numerous programmes from the run. I bought extra copies from the programme publisher for the Hearts and Inverness games for some reason, glad I did now! The only ones Im missing are the away games. Does anyone know if anyone is selling copies of them?
    I went onto the ICT fans forum a month or so ago and luckily managed to get a copy of the away programme. Might be worth a try but sure the ICT fans are getting bored with Hibs fans registering to try and get a copy! 😂

@hibs.net private member
    Watching on my phone, just before Stokes scores the first, Ian Crocker says something like “first team to score have won the last 16 finals”
    Good enough for me. I was confident up to the point that they scored their second. But when Stokes scores our equaliser I was convinced again.
    It was barely the back of nine in the morning when SDG popped up with the winner. Ball went in and was so stunned that I turned to my wife and simply said quietly “he’s just won the cup”. No lap of honour or anything. Mind you, being on a cruise ship, we headed for the bar, not another sole to celebrate with but we raises a glass or two to my confirming it’s been me that was the jinx at all those previous Scottish Cup finals since I attended my first in 1971.

First Team Breakthrough GTMRossaK3's Avatar
    I have two of the 2016 European Championship Series Stickies from Lidl!

The following is a copy of a post I did after the Cup Final:-

Incredible coincidence

My 3 year old grandson, Oliver, has been a keen collector of the various little Stickie figures issued free from LIDL over the years. He has a Postman Pat stuffed toy which lives at our house and we hide a Stickie in the mailbag for each visit he makes to us. A few days before The Final LIDL launched a new series of Stickie figures based on the European Football Championship with a figure from each competing country plus the trophy. Each one comes in a sealed pouche so you have no idea what is in each pouche. The day before the Final I gave him his first two pouches from the new series. When he opened the first one it was the trophy! Spooky I thought. When he opened the second it was a green shirted player!! They sat on top of the TV as we watched the game with his Dad. The rest is history!

They still sit close to my TV and remind me of a fantastic day and a very special moment with my lovely grandson.

I've been a supporter for 63 years but was born in the Highlands 68 years ago, how I came to support Hibs from up there is another story!

I still wish my suggestion that someone should gather all those special Cup Final memories & stories into a book would happen. It would be a lovely 'different' part of our great club's history.

Here's hoping!

It's not strange, but I never keep boarding card or train tickets- but I kept the ones from that weekend. They are in the sock drawer with the passport and I'll come across them and think "that weekend really did happen"
    ....Hoping there's many more to come!

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Loving these replies...

First Team Breakthrough jon paul jones's Avatar
    Mmmm...a friend planted some of the pitch in my back garden in a very drunken ceremony one year on....I have eight used cup final tickets that I found after the final whistle....a green trilby hat and two scarfs and a beauty of a photo of my brother and me behind the goal with half of Leith on the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by jon paul jones;[URL="tel:5747416"
    5747416[/URL]]Mmmm...a friend planted some of the pitch in my back garden in a very drunken ceremony one year on....I have eight used cup final tickets that I found after the final whistle....a green trilby hat and two scarfs and a beauty of a photo of my brother and me behind the goal with half of Leith on the pitch
    I think your friend helped me with my back garden too brother! Cracking photo & memories of the greatest day in footballing history

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tanfield View Post
    I went onto the ICT fans forum a month or so ago and luckily managed to get a copy of the away programme. Might be worth a try but sure the ICT fans are getting bored with Hibs fans registering to try and get a copy! 😂
    I'll maybe try that on bears den for a final programme.
    Mon the Hibs.

I own one tooth from every The Rangers player assaulted on the pitch.

As you can imagine, it's quite a collection.

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    I'll maybe try that on bears den for a final programme.
    Grab me one too 😆👍

First Team Breakthrough budgiemcb's Avatar
    Got one of the ties that the players/coaches/board members wore.

@hibs.net private member
    I have the (empty) Laurent-Perrier champagne bottle that I'd bought for the 2001 final. Had it for breakfast on May 22, 2016, having resisted pressure in the intervening 15 years to open it for the birth of four grandchildren.
    I also have framed a programme, a pic of me and four mates holding the cup and ...my niece's cup final ticket. It would have been mine, but as I was assembling items for framing, my good lady wife, trying to be helpful, decided to try to flatten it by ironing it. Instantly fogged, of course.
    Ah well, it's a conversation piece.

Left by mutual consent!

Red face

After the game, the big Tescos outside Hampden was giving away free mementos to hundreds of Hibs fans. It was like supermarket sweep

Quote Originally Posted by GTMRossaK3 View Post
    I have two of the 2016 European Championship Series Stickies from Lidl!

The following is a copy of a post I did after the Cup Final:-

Incredible coincidence

My 3 year old grandson, Oliver, has been a keen collector of the various little Stickie figures issued free from LIDL over the years. He has a Postman Pat stuffed toy which lives at our house and we hide a Stickie in the mailbag for each visit he makes to us. A few days before The Final LIDL launched a new series of Stickie figures based on the European Football Championship with a figure from each competing country plus the trophy. Each one comes in a sealed pouche so you have no idea what is in each pouche. The day before the Final I gave him his first two pouches from the new series. When he opened the first one it was the trophy! Spooky I thought. When he opened the second it was a green shirted player!! They sat on top of the TV as we watched the game with his Dad. The rest is history!

They still sit close to my TV and remind me of a fantastic day and a very special moment with my lovely grandson.

I've been a supporter for 63 years but was born in the Highlands 68 years ago, how I came to support Hibs from up there is another story!

I still wish my suggestion that someone should gather all those special Cup Final memories & stories into a book would happen. It would be a lovely 'different' part of our great club's history.

Here's hoping!
    That would be a great idea

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Got a selfie with Lewis Stevenson on the pitch

For my sons 18th I got a superb picture of the goal from Leask photography with Sir David having both arms wide just landed from heading the goal.

I got it framed with both our tickets, with our names and dates printed underneath with
    “When the Hibs went up to lift the Scottish Cup, we were there”

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    A tuft of grass from the pitch which I relocated to our back garden
    Me too!!

I helped an old man down to the pitch and thought 'sod it'... tore off a little handful of blades of grass (now dried and cherished). However the guy in the seat behind me had about a square foot of turf when he came back 🤣 He broke off a nice chunk for me - which is firmly planted in my garden. And will be coming with me whenever I move house

Quote Originally Posted by McHibby View Post
    Me too!!

I helped an old man down to the pitch and thought 'sod it'... tore off a little handful of blades of grass (now dried and cherished). However the guy in the seat behind me had about a square foot of turf when he came back 🤣 He broke off a nice chunk for me - which is firmly planted in my garden. And will be coming with me whenever I move house
    Oh and an Irish fiver!! I won the sweepstake on the bus and the £5 note was in there.

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    I have the contact lenses I wore that day stored in solution in their capsule.

They’ve seen some ****.

Yes it’s weird.
    🤣🤣👏👏 That's fantastic! You have to be the winner 🏆🏆🏆

First Team Breakthrough GTMRossaK3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by itslegaltender View Post
    For my sons 18th I got a superb picture of the goal from Leask photography with Sir David having both arms wide just landed from heading the goal.

I got it framed with both our tickets, with our names and dates printed underneath with
    “When the Hibs went up to lift the Scottish Cup, we were there”
    Was that the Leask photographers in Lerwick out of interest?

I worked up there for 3 years from 1984 - 87 during my BP career and we used Leask's photography services for the BP Supply Base there. I got to know the owner reasonably well.