hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member hibsforeurope's Avatar
    If SJM gets sold for the figures being reported we could be in for an unexpected £2-3m windfall. this money could make a major difference in the type of players we go for and keep. i'd expect us to push hard to sign Mcnulty permanently, especially with this extra cash.

I'd give Gray a contract for life and send him to the guy who fixed Dylan's injury problems.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bogdan's reported salary at Liverpool is £24k p/w
    Hes out of contract in the summer, hence why I mentioned being tricky due to what he earns.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsforeurope View Post
    If SJM gets sold for the figures being reported we could be in for an unexpected £2-3m windfall. this money could make a major difference in the type of players we go for and keep. i'd expect us to push hard to sign Mcnulty permanently, especially with this extra cash.

I'd give Gray a contract for life and send him to the guy who fixed Dylan's injury problems.
    If we got that sort of money you can bet your ass it won't go back in the team

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    That being the case where will it go?

Quote Originally Posted by w pilton hibby View Post
    That being the case where will it go?
    I think the Hibernian real estate investment club have their eyes on a bigger barn to play in at East Mains.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    Are we finally getting that helicopter pad on top of the west?!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Shows you how light we are on players, going into season 2019/2020
    Of our current signed players, how many will be starters next season?
    PH has an enormous job on his hands, re building this squad, and hitting the ground running for the new season?
    I actually don't think it's that big a job. From current squad, assuming he keeps Gray, we have a pretty solid back 4. Could certainly upgrade on full backs but an on form Lewis, SDG, Porteous and Hanlon would be good enough.

At the top end, 3 from Kamberi, Allan, Horgan and Boyle would be expected to start. With Mallan and Slivka possibles in midfield and at the least good squad players.

So for me it's a matter of getting a good number 9 - McNulty ideally - and then focusing on recruiting 2 centre midfielders who have energy, pace, aggression and can pass. That's what we currently lack IMO.

Left by mutual consent!
    I'd drive every one of them to their next destination

I can't drive but I'd give it a bash

Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    I'd drive every one of them to their next destination

I can't drive but I'd give it a bash
    Strange opinion or trolling?

Omeonga is only here to get game time and toughen him up a bit.

Genoa will want him back and with a contract until 2022 and more Under 21 caps in the summer will only sell him for a fee and it won't be in our price range.

David Gray and Daz are the big calls but I don't think they have 2 year contracts left at this level due to wear and tear.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baldmans Comb View Post
    Omeonga is only here to get game time and toughen him up a bit.

Genoa will want him back and with a contract until 2022 and more Under 21 caps in the summer will only sell him for a fee and it won't be in our price range.

David Gray and Daz are the big calls but I don't think they have 2 year contracts left at this level due to wear and tear.
    Gray would be fine if he could stay fit for a bit longer each season it Daz is finished at this level imo. In scrappy games or against long ball teams he's good but he's not good enough any more when the ball is on the floor when we have the ball or when we don't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    Gray would be fine if he could stay fit for a bit longer each season it Daz is finished at this level imo. In scrappy games or against long ball teams he's good but he's not good enough any more when the ball is on the floor when we have the ball or when we don't have it.

Gray had been fit when we went to Dubai and the few weeks afterwards but had issues with Lennon who didn't play him, when he did come back in he had been a bit rusty game wise.