hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kazakhstan v Scotland - How to watch as live

Hey,

Any suggestions for watching this after work when I don't have Sky Sports? With NowTV can you only watch what's being shown at the time or would I be able to go back and watch the Scotland game that way?

Wanna see McNulty equal or better Keith Wright's international record.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by KWJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey,

Any suggestions for watching this after work when I don't have Sky Sports? With NowTV can you only watch what's being shown at the time or would I be able to go back and watch the Scotland game that way?

If it’s on Sky then Hesgoals will have it.

Yeah but it's live at 3pm, I'll no get home til about 6pm.

Yeah but it's live at 3pm, I'll no get home til about 6pm.
    My , I believe the term now is , bad.
    Did not read it properly.
    You could do what we did in the 70s and just evacuate the building at lunch
    time and not be seen again until Monday.
    Hope you get a solution

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ben johnson View Post
    My , I believe the term now is , bad.
    Did not read it properly.
    You could do what we did in the 70s and just evacuate the building at lunch
    time and not be seen again until Monday.
    Hope you get a solution
    People cared then. Passion was strong. Maybe the shortage of answers reflects the attitude nowadays to the International side.

Left by mutual consent!
    Get yourself IPTV that’s got a record function.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Stramash is hosting a Tartan Army event for the game. A few bands and the game on the big screens. Should be a cracking day.

Hey,

Can you not get someone to pause it for you and leave it paused til you get home?

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    People cared then. Passion was strong. Maybe the shortage of answers reflects the attitude nowadays to the International side.
    Yes the passion
    The build up to 78 World Cup
    Wembley. Anfield. Hampden when rammed and no tannoy started the din
    I once read it all being described as a delicious madness
    Kind of sums it up nicely.

Yes the passion
    The build up to 78 World Cup
    Wembley. Anfield. Hampden when rammed and no tannoy started the din
    I once read it all being described as a delicious madness
    Kind of sums it up nicely.

No it doesnt reflect the attitude, maybe your attitude, folk just dont have an answer might be considered, instead of coming on here taking shots, if you dont like Scotland why dont you just stay off the ****ing thread and leave it to Scotland fans that can help. That goes for all anti Scotland fans on Hibsnet too, stop being assholes when supporters of the national side wish to communicate. If you have nothing to contribute apart from putting Scotland down then just ****off.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    No it doesnt reflect the attitude, maybe your attitude, folk just dont have an answer might be considered, instead of coming on here taking shots, if you dont like Scotland why dont you just stay off the ****ing thread and leave it to Scotland fans that can help. That goes for all anti Scotland fans on Hibsnet too, stop being assholes when supporters of the national side wish to communicate. If you have nothing to contribute apart from putting Scotland down then just ****off.
    You bevvied mate? I'll say what I want on any thread I want and as I've said before the admins will decide. Not you ya bam.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Hey,

Now TV is a stream and you can only watch what is being played at the time

Hear, hear.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    I'd love to get as passionate about Scotland games as I did as a teenager. Being at Hampden to watch Scotland beat Spain 3-1 with Dalglish curling one in for the third was just amazing. Hopefully we can push on from the improvements the team has shown recently.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    And from personal experience, I wouldn't bother signing up to it for future games you want to watch live as it runs a good 30 seconds behind the live Sky stream so you find out via social media and score update apps what is happening before you've even seen it. With the monthly cost of a good internet connection and the NowTV subscription, you're just as well just signing up to Sky.

I'm still semi-interested but I actually miss how much I enjoyed it 10 years or so ago.

The football is at roughly the same level as it was then so that's not the reason. The main one is the whole Thursday, Monday games nonsense, along with the amount they jacked up the prices for home games. My circumstances have changed and I cannot justify the cost of taking time off work travel, ticket and bevvy any more when I can sit in the house and watch it for nowt.

When they make it much easier and more appealing to watch in tv than go to the games then they shouldn't be surprised when folk do just that. This will be the first game since 2002 that I've not been in the supporters club but the England game was the only game I went to last time so it's just not worth it.

I still want us to win though and would never criticise anyone who chooses to get behind their national team.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    And from personal experience, I wouldn't bother signing up to it for future games you want to watch live as it runs a good 30 seconds behind the live Sky stream so you find out via social media and score update apps what is happening before you've even seen it. With the monthly cost of a good internet connection and the NowTV subscription, you're just as well just signing up to Sky.
    Agree plus not HD

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    When do Scotland play.

Thanks guys. Good to see a bit of passion too.

Checked and NowTV only lets you pause for 30 minutes as I could've had it prepped for someone to do this. Don't have Sky so that's not an option. Had a look at IPTV, that seems awfy complicated and potentially risky to get the right setup and Kodi didn't work for me so I'm a bit meh.

Bah humbug, you'd think Sky Sports would realise that people are going to want to be able to see this game as live and that they should put it on one Sky Sports Whatever at like 7pm.

Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    When do Scotland play.
    Thursday and Sunday

To be fair, I think BH has a bit of a point. I know a number of fans of the national team who are quite apathetic towards the team right now.

I think recent attendances reflect that. In times gone by people would be scrambling about trying to watch the game. I don't think that's the case at the moment.

You bevvied mate? I'll say what I want on any thread I want and as I've said before the admins will decide. Not you ya bam.
    He has a point tho.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    And feed the ducks and float your sail boat...

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by vahibbie View Post
    He has a point tho.
    Haha nice one. However I wonder if anyone can point to where, in this thread I've slagged the Scotland team.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Robertson and Tierney both out - time for Lewis to step up again?

I'm really looking forward to this campaign. I've got tickets for all of the home qualifiers and that should be enough to get me tickets for any tournament matches at Hampden if we manage to qualify.

I've only ever been to one tournament match, at Villa Park in '96, and that was braw.

How long does it take to get to Kazhakstan? Lewis should have been in the party in the first place but now Robertson and Tierney are out he would have been the ideal candidate. I am sure he would have hopped on a plane at a moment's notice.

Does McLeish have a clue?

Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    How long does it take to get to Kazhakstan? Lewis should have been in the party in the first place but now Robertson and Tierney are out he would have been the ideal candidate. I am sure he would have hopped on a plane at a moment's notice.

Does McLeish have a clue?
    I'm pretty sure Lewis would have flown the plane himself if he'd been asked to.