hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member
    6 hour flight to Astana, or whatever it is called now since it changed its name today - Sultan something. Its sh%t and cold here,

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    What a mess, with injuries & players withdrawing do we have a team worth talking about ?

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brummie_Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    6 hour flight to Astana, or whatever it is called now since it changed its name today - Sultan something. Its sh%t and cold here,
    Cold aye but had a great night. You must be in the wrong places.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Can't wait for the game and the Euro campaign to get up and running. Bit of a feel good factor winning the Nations League and having that as a safety net.

Some real quality in that squad, couple of Champions League players in Robertson and McTomnley. Oli Mcburnie had 16 goals in the English Champ for Swansea, Burke has huge potential, Ryan Fraser continues to play every week in the Premier League, our own McNaulty has been recognized..

People have a lot to say and that'll always be the case. For me, lots to be optimistic about. Need to start with 6 points though!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    No it doesnt reflect the attitude, maybe your attitude, folk just dont have an answer might be considered, instead of coming on here taking shots, if you dont like Scotland why dont you just stay off the ****ing thread and leave it to Scotland fans that can help. That goes for all anti Scotland fans on Hibsnet too, stop being assholes when supporters of the national side wish to communicate. If you have nothing to contribute apart from putting Scotland down then just ****off.
    Yawnnnnnnnnnn !

Quote Originally Posted by vuefrom1875 View Post
    Yawnnnnnnnnnn !
    You came on to a thread you're allegedly not interested in, to read several posts about the topic, and then respond with a cliche unfunny one-worded comment to emphasise how you really aren't interested in anything anyone has to say about said topic.

Some people are really strange.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Here we go again. Will this be another roller-coaster campaign?
    Whatever happens,,,,,,,,,,,,, C'mon Scotland!!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    No it doesnt reflect the attitude, maybe your attitude, folk just dont have an answer might be considered, instead of coming on here taking shots, if you dont like Scotland why dont you just stay off the ****ing thread and leave it to Scotland fans that can help. That goes for all anti Scotland fans on Hibsnet too, stop being assholes when supporters of the national side wish to communicate. If you have nothing to contribute apart from putting Scotland down then just ****off.
    Your very aggressive Phil....you typing that with extra vigor? Be careful you don't break your keyboard..

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    To be fair, I think BH has a bit of a point. I know a number of fans of the national team who are quite apathetic towards the team right now.

I think recent attendances reflect that. In times gone by people would be scrambling about trying to watch the game. I don't think that's the case at the moment.
    Of course, he has a point. The arse fell out supporting the national team years ago. Nowadays the Tartan Army is more like a traveling social club than a group of fans and that's from somebody who followed Scotland everywhere for over 30 years including Spain in 82 and Mexico in 86.
    Last edited by Besties Debut; 21-03-2019 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Besties Debut View Post
    Of course, he has a point. The arse fell out supporting the national team years ago. Nowadays the Tartan Army is more like a traveling social club than a group of fans and that's from somebody who followed Scotland everywhere for over 30 years including Spain in 82 and Mexico in 86.
    You're maybe relatively new to here but everything you've said has been done to death countless times by people who love to tell us all how much they don't like the national team and have no interest, any time someone tries to have a sensible discussion on something Scotland-related. Hence Phil Maglass' quick response earlier in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    You're maybe relatively new to here but everything you've said has been done to death countless times by people who love to tell us all how much they don't like the national team and have no interest, any time someone tries to have a sensible discussion on something Scotland-related. Hence Phil Maglass' quick response earlier in the thread.
    I'd hazard a guess and say many of the things said on .net have been said many times before by others. Shouldn't stop people discussing previous topics or voicing opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    I'd hazard a guess and say many of the things said on .net have been said many times before by others. Shouldn't stop people discussing previous topics or voicing opinions.
    Absolutely. Similarly, when people feel that others aren't contributing to any sort of discussion other than popping in to say they "don't care" or trying to annoy posters who do.. it's likely to be commented on.

I'd hazard a guess and say if this was in the 'other sports' section and about rugby, for example, anyone who comes in and simply says they don't care about rugby or slags the Scottish national rugby team repeatedly might be called-out and moved on.

Discussion is one thing, as right now (given the current score) I would concur we're p1sh.. but we both know that's not the only thing that goes on in here.

Perhaps that performance sums up better than anyone could why a huge proportion of Scottish football fans now don't care for the national team.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Perhaps that performance sums up better than anyone could why a huge proportion of Scottish football fans now don't care for the national team.
    I'm not sure about that - I've never come close to stopping supporting Hibs despite some VERY poor times with them.

Left by mutual consent!
    To try to clear things up a little bit. I was pissed off at being told to **** off for a pretty mild remark here. I actually got my threads mixed up hence my post on the other one. Anyway its a forum. We all have opinions so maybe live and let live eh?
    All Hibs after all 🇳🇬

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    To try to clear things up a little bit. I was pissed off at being told to **** off for a pretty mild remark here. I actually got my threads mixed up hence my post on the other one. Anyway its a forum. We all have opinions so maybe live and let live eh?
    All Hibs after all 🇳🇬
    Made an erse of things with the two threads myself - trying to rewrite the same thing and incorporate it into this... ah well.

I concur your initial post was relatively mild, but I (and others) agreed with the general sentiment of PM's response, not specific to you, about the same thing we have on here any time someone tries to discuss the national side.

Left by mutual consent!
    As I said on other thread I'm fully immersed in Thailand pleasures. You are a visitor perhaps? Maybe we could have a beer sometime. I'll show you round 😀

As I said on other thread I'm fully immersed in Thailand pleasures. You are a visitor perhaps? Maybe we could have a beer sometime. I'll show you round 😀
    Have been a visitor and would love to again - make it a bucket and you've got a deal

Left by mutual consent!
    Made an erse of things with the two threads myself - trying to rewrite the same thing and incorporate it into this... ah well.

I concur your initial post was relatively mild, but I (and others) agreed with the general sentiment of PM's response, not specific to you, about the same thing we have on here any time someone tries to discuss the national side.
    No bother mate
    GGTTH

Left by mutual consent!
    Ive been over a quite a few times. My daughter used to teach English in a language school in Bangkok and my brother retired to Pattaya a few years ago. It's a brilliant country.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Besties Debut View Post
    Ive been over a quite a few times. My daughter used to teach English in a language school in Bangkok and my brother retired to Pattaya a few years ago. It's a brilliant country.
    It certainly is.

I'm not sure about that - I've never come close to stopping supporting Hibs despite some VERY poor times with them.
    Most football fans in this country put their club above country though which is why they will be more resilient to periods of poor results IMO.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    If Hibs had been as consistently bad as Scotland have been since 1998 our attendance would be around 5/6k by now.

Kazakhstan v Scotland - How to watch as live...

Just pretend we got humped 3-0 and watch Eastenders instead

Stayed in work and listened when I could to radio scotland. Wow.

Mcleish out.

Not gonna stop supporting Scotland though, don't get that thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by KWJ View Post
    Stayed in work and listened when I could to radio scotland. Wow.

Mcleish out.

Not gonna stop supporting Scotland though, don't get that thinking.
    You don't stop supporting Scotland, you just lose interest in them and end up doing something else with your life during the game before checking the score a couple of hours later. A win puts a wee smile on your face, a loss like yesterday just makes you shake your head. Either way, you move on quickly.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.