hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Leeann Dempster

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As I have just said on another post.. gutless and spineless against OF.. she could have came out and condemned huns and hertz after the **** NL had went through, but she kept quiet thats not f.n leadership. She has worked miracles while here but she seriously let herself. The club and the fans down with not saying anything.
    I was speaking to an ex Hearts assistant manager on Saturday, who was a paying supporter with his young grandson at the last Tynecastle derby. He was sitting in the main stand behind Neil Lennon when he got hit with the coin. He said the sectarian abuse NL was subjected to that night was horrendous.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    He had Inverness second in the table with a game in hand and two points clear of third place Aberdeen when he left for us.

He'd guided them to fourth the season before in a pretty decent top flight, and they were playing good football with Shinnie, Rooney etc.

It really is revisionist, he was an almost universally popular appointment when he came to us. It was seen as good ambition to take second place's manager and almost everybody was on board with it.

Almost.

Never liked him. Like him even less now, if that's possible.

Also didn't get the calls to get him by "almost everyone".

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HFC93 View Post
    Good to see posters still spelling her name wrong.
    Hard to take them seriously isn’t it. Not a big ask and a simple matter of courtesy.

Left by mutual consent!
    Some of the abuse she's taken has been unwarranted and is purely speculation. But some other stuff (the since1875 stuff most recently) is warranted and she doesn't do everything right as some would have you believe.

I think she deserves praise for lots of stuff but she isn't as immune from criticism as some on here would have you believe either.

The club do make mistakes, it can't be rosy all of the time.

Dempster failed to back Stubbs and then Lennon over the sectarian abuse they sufferred and then for reasons still unknown dropped the getting Sevco off the hook statement bombshell out of absolutely nowhere.

Then there was a complete failure to communicate over the loyalty points and HSL and the procedure for selling of cup final tickets resulted in 6 hours queues and this season online ticketing has been shocking.

Heavy handed at best seems to the fairest way to describe falling out with "Since 1875" and leadership skills and communication skills were very much lacking during the Lennon fiasco which left Hibs open to ridicule eventually issuing a statement that " the manager had done absolutely nothing wrong" which contradicted everything that had happened.

This doesn't mean she is a poor Chief Executive but its decidely a mixed bag.
    Last edited by The Baldmans Comb; 18-03-2019 at 07:08 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Leeann has and is doing a great job at the club. That is all there is to it IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    Some of the abuse she's taken has been unwarranted and is purely speculation. But some other stuff (the since1875 stuff most recently) is warranted and she doesn't do everything right as some would have you believe.

I think she deserves praise for lots of stuff but she isn't as immune from criticism as some on here would have you believe either.

100% this she is not the saint many make her out to be on here. The loyalty points fiasco was a massive issue still not resolved a long with the ticketing shambles online and not this with since 1875. Yes she's done a lot right but she's not exempt from criticism neither

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'm indifferent really.

She is a football administrator who is well paid to make decisions she believes are in the best interests of the business she is employed to run. Some of them I agree with, others I don't.

That's as far as it goes for me really. Who she supported previously is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. It does her professional career no good to make decisions based on an emotional attachment to a rival business. Likewise the idea she would willfully make decisions that could harm the club out of little more than spite seems fanciful at best; it's in her best interests, in terms of both financial recompense and career advancement, that Hibs are successful.

I suppose you could argue she was put on such a pedestal early in her tenure simply for being competent that there is now a thought process among some that she is there to be got at given we have had a tougher spell than many have become used to in the last 2 or 3 years.
    Thanks Pretty boy,my feelings exactly,although i am not articulate enough to put it into words.
    Last edited by H18S NX; 18-03-2019 at 09:58 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
    Hard to take them seriously isn’t it. Not a big ask and a simple matter of courtesy.
    its a disgusting lack of respect and as far as I'm concerned anyone who cant spell Ms. Dempster's name correctly is not a proper Hibs fan.
    I don't care if you have followed Hibs from Clydebank to Trinidad if you can't get the CEOs name right then your obviously a marron puddle drinker..........Just for the record that post is pure sarcasm at its lowest level of wit
    Last edited by Besties Debut; 19-03-2019 at 09:17 AM.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Besties Debut View Post
    its a disgusting lack of respect and as far as I'm concerned anyone who cant spell Ms. Dempster's name correctly is not a proper Hibs fan.
    I don't care if you have followed Hibs from Clydebank to Trinidad if you can't get the CEOs name right then your obviously a marron puddle drinker
    You might want to go back and check your posts. 😉

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    You might want to go back and check your posts. 😉

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post

I think that's how a lot of us see it.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    When I was a kid growing up in the late 60s and early 70s the only folk on the easter road payroll that I thought were ''magnificent'' were Pat Stanton, Jimmy O Rourke Arthur Duncan, and Alex Cropley...Worshiping the clubs board was unheard of.
    It must be a new millennial internet thing where some fans adore the clubs CEO.
    For the record, if you want to credit Leeanne for the Scottish Cup win as some of her aficionados like to do then you can also put the 3 years in the Championship down to her as well. I notice another thing her fans love to do is praise her for the way she cast out the ginger satan yet don't actually have a clue what happened due to the club going into silent mode for days after it. Thus allowing every journalist and pundit to ridicule and rip us apart.
    So she is to be held responsible for something (the relegation and dismantling of an already truly honking group of players) that occurred before she arrived?

It wasn’t by any means a given that we would get out of there in years 1 or 2

On that basis why don’t you hold her responsible for the bubonic plague also?

Do you really think there was any realistic prospect of our avoiding the ranting obsessed media backlash anyway?

We could have sacked Lennon for drowning kittens in the bath (he didn’t afaik by the way) and still got a similar kicking in the press.

It’s not often someone’s agenda is as clear this early in their posting career, but yours certainly is

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Most Man Utd fans will acknowledge the significant contribution made by the people who appointed Alex Ferguson and supported him through a rocky first few years whilst he made his mark on the club without there necessarily being a great deal of success on the park.

The fans would not have been able to enjoy the fantastic players they did in subsequent years if the "suits" had not done what they did at that point.

David Gill at Man Utd and David dien at arsenal have both been long lamented after leaving those clubs

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    So she is to be held responsible for something (the relegation and dismantling of an already truly honking group of players) that occurred before she arrived?

Do you really think there was any realistic prospect of our avoiding the ranting obsessed media backlash anyway?

We could have sacked Lennon for drowning kittens in the bath (he didn’t afaik by the way) and still got a similar kicking in the press.

It’s not often someone’s agenda is as clear this early in their posting career, but yours certainly is
    What do you reckon my agenda is?
    For the record, i don't really care about any director. I just dont understand the hero worship

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post

He is best ignored

I counted 5.

How are the "marron" puddles? 😋

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    He is best ignored
    Have you been talking to my wife

Left by mutual consent!
    I counted 5.

How are the "marron" puddles? 😋
    I was joking. I dont really think that Hibs fans who can't spell LDs name correctly are ****bos

I was joking. I dont really think that Hibs fans who can't spell LDs name correctly are ****bos
    You should use smilies.

FTR, I agree with you that not spelling her name properly shows a lack of respect.

You should use smilies.

FTR, I agree with you that not spelling her name properly shows a lack of respect.
    A rose by any other name....

still didn't back Lennon over sectarianism

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post

I'm with Pretty Boy.

Yes, I realise how inappropriate that sounds, but what the hell.
    +1

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    A rose by any other name....

still didn't back Lennon over sectarianism
    How do you know she didn’t back him? Do you know what conversations they had? What conversations where heldbetween our club and others? What action Lennon himself wanted taken?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    How do you know she didn’t back him? Do you know what conversations they had? What conversations where heldbetween our club and others? What action Lennon himself wanted taken?
    Publicly he wasn’t backed by the club. They never came out and called the horrific abuse as to what it was. Disgusting bigotry.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Publicly he wasn’t backed by the club. They never came out and called the horrific abuse as to what it was. Disgusting bigotry.
    It was disgusting bigotry.
    What did Lennon himself want the club to do? Anybody know? Saying she didn’t back him suggests she ignored his wishes.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Leeann is doing a very good job as CEO and leader of a very complex organisation. She will make mistakes and will take decisions that are not universally popular but she will be making those decisions for what she believes is the best for the club.
    Criticism is fine and I'm sure she would expect it but some of the personal abuse is beyond pathetic from people who have a real agenda (not aimed at folk on here but sometimes some do get a bit close). Her gender, sexuality or the team she used to support don't come into it for me and neither should it for others. She cut the Hun allocation and a lot of folk moaned about loss of revenue, she gives them the whole stand and she is pandering to them. Sometimes she just can't win. Remember the Scott Allan saga with the Huns. She played a blinder and we got a deal that ended with Dylan and Hendo and a Scottish cup win. She certainly wasn't pandering to them then.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Leeann is doing a very good job as CEO and leader of a very complex organisation. She will make mistakes and will take decisions that are not universally popular but she will be making those decisions for what she believes is the best for the club.
    Criticism is fine and I'm sure she would expect it but some of the personal abuse is beyond pathetic from people who have a real agenda (not aimed at folk on here but sometimes some do get a bit close). Her gender, sexuality or the team she used to support don't come into it for me and neither should it for others. She cut the Hun allocation and a lot of folk moaned about loss of revenue, she gives them the whole stand and she is pandering to them. Sometimes she just can't win. Remember the Scott Allan saga with the Huns. She played a blinder and we got a deal that ended with Dylan and Hendo and a Scottish cup win. She certainly wasn't pandering to them then.

Kinda makes you wonder what folks would get up to without tinternet... its ripe for contrarians just being obtuse but often obscures the genuine folks.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I’ve challenged a few on this on Twitter as well but they’re completely incapable of a reasoned response.

It seems to be the Ponzi Scheme mob from a couple of years ago who seem to be bitter about the fact she made them look like complete ********s.

First Team Regular Topographic Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I was delighted when he got the job. Shows what i know.
    Me too. What do I know too.....

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    Leeann has and is doing a great job at the club. That is all there is to it IMO.