hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Leeann Dempster

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you really believe that some Hibs fans prefer it when we’re doing badly?

I’ve seen this kinda chat a lot recently and just don’t get it. I think everyone that ever posts on here wants us to win (Hearts trolls excluded obv).

I mean seriously, do you actually think that or it it just a throw away line?
    I don’t know if they prefer it but I think they revel in it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Besties Debut View Post
    I'm all about the players. I credit the Scottish Cup win and run in Europe down to the team who played in these games. I blame the relegation on the bottlers who lined up against Hamilton and who those who failed to even reach a playoff final.
    I just don't understand how some fans can worship any business suit who will move onto to their next project once they are finished with this one. Keep your love for those on the park not in the boardroom.
    Those on the park, who never move on?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    I don't remember anyone ever saying they loved him. Appreciated yes but certainly not worshipped in the same way the younger generation do with Leanne Dempster. He certainly wasn't credited with winning the league and Dryborough clubs. Only the players got the plaudits for them.
    I dont think anyone worships LD more respects the work she has done and doesnt understand some of the personal abuse she seems to get.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    I dont think anyone worships LD more respects the work she has done and doesnt understand some of the personal abuse she seems to get.
    You can be sure her successor, whoever it is, will get the same treatment. High heid yins are there to be shot down.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    Those on the park, who never move on?
    We support a football team not a firm of accountants. If the directors do it for you then go for it. I'm more into goals, tackles and all that sort of palaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    You can be sure her successor, whoever it is, will get the same treatment. High heid yins are there to be shot down.
    Well they shouldnt if they are in the main doing a decent job.

Left by mutual consent!
    I dont think anyone worships LD more respects the work she has done and doesn't understand some of the personal abuse she seems to get.
    When I read posts on here where folk are saying ''she is magnificent'' and another saying ''I'm in love with her'' i think worship is a more appropriate word than respect. When you look at how upset some folk get at the merest hint of criticism it looks over the top to me. As for personal abuse, I have not read a single thing where she has been personally abused. Not like some of the accusations Petrie and even farmer used to get thrown at them. Because somebody questions her decisions doesn't mean they are personally abusing her.

@hibs.net private member
    I'm all about the players. I credit the Scottish Cup win and run in Europe down to the team who played in these games. I blame the relegation on the bottlers who lined up against Hamilton and who those who failed to even reach a playoff final.
    I just don't understand how some fans can worship any business suit who will move onto to their next project once they are finished with this one. Keep your love for those on the park not in the boardroom.
    If I'm not mistaken Pat Stanton, Jimmy O'Rourke, Arthur Duncan, and Alex Cropley all moved on from Hibs too.

We support a football team not a firm of accountants. If the directors do it for you then go for it. I'm more into goals, tackles and all that sort of palaver.
    I'm not fussed one way or the other. Just found it odd that one of the reasons for not showing her gratitude was because people in suits move on. Players do that too, and generally more frequently.

I think a lot of it stems from the fact that she was so celebrated and heralded in her first couple of years here, that the backlash (when it came) was always going to be stronger as a result. If most Hibs fans were neutral on her, people would probably be less passionate in their dislike of her.

Personally, I think she's done good things for the team on the park, while being nothing short of a disaster for the fans off it. Once the success on the park came and the new/lapsed fans started filling the seats, she has not given a solitary ***** about fan experience.

Stubbornness on loyalty points, our disgraceful treatment at Ibrox in the December 2015 game, refusing the singing section to trial the FF Lower for a pishy game against Ross County in the League Cup and instead happily allowing the stand to lay half empty every Category B game. These problems were conveniently ignored by our fans when there was success on the park, but this season a lot have manifested themselves because of a downturn in results. She essentially didn't fix the massive holes in the roof while the sun was shining on Leith.

And lastly, the uncomfortable truth, because she's a woman. And, for an even smaller minority, a lesbian. There is a strong correlation between Dempster's fiercest opponents and the use of the homophobic slur 'dyke', and it's absolutely not on. If you want to criticise her, do so for her actions (or lack of), not her sexuality.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    There seems to be a band of people on Twitter that have nothing good to say abut Hibs or Leeann, i have no idea what their agenda is or why they are so negative about our club.

I found myself on Friday actually firing of an email to Leeann just to say thanks for what she brings to the club especially over what has been a challenging few motnhs.
    I did exactly the same recently. Nobody is above criticism but a lot of this is unwarranted. Hibs are in a good place. I for one think shes done/doing a good job and hope she stays.
    She told me she has a thick skin but all the sniping would wear anyone down.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by w pilton hibby View Post
    If I'm not mistaken Pat Stanton, Jimmy O'Rourke, Arthur Duncan, and Alex Cropley all moved on from Hibs too.
    And they are all club legends who are still revered by fans today. Players who brought unbridled joy to thousands of Hibs supporters. Them moving onto to other clubs is hardly the same as a director moving from one business project to another. Alex Cropleys move to Arsenal would have been a hard one to turn down I imagine.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by w pilton hibby View Post
    And a couple of the Famous Five. Peter Cormack, Peter Marinello, Mickey Weir, Kano, John Collins, John McGinn.
    ‘Bestie’ had been several places first too before that debut.

Mind you, I’ll not be firing an email off in worship to her either. She’s having a pretty crap season I think.

I
    just don't understand how some fans can worship any business suit who will move onto to their next project once they are finished with this one. Keep your love for those on the park not in the boardroom.

I have to disagree. I’d put it down to Petrie, who I’m not out to attack, not being able to pick a manager. The fact that Dempster seems to have been successful every time means that I don’t want her to ever leave.
    Last edited by The Tubs; 18-03-2019 at 04:27 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    And a couple of the Famous Five. Peter Cormack, Peter Marinello, Mickey Weir, Kano, John Collins, John McGinn.
    ‘Bestie’ had been several places first too before that debut.

Mind you, I’ll not be firing an email off in worship to her either. She’s having a pretty crap season I think.
    Its bizarre that folk can talk about Leanne
    Dempster in the same breath as all these legends. ....its like Man Utd fans waxing lyrical about Best, Law, Charlton and Michael Glazier as if they are all on equal footing in the pantheons of Utd greatness

Quote Originally Posted by The Tubs View Post
    I have to disagree. I’d put it down to Petrie, who I’m not out to attack, not being able to pick a manager. The fact that Dempster seems to have been successful every time means that I don’t want her to ever leave.
    Everybody on this forum and across Scotland thought that Butcher was a good appointment and exactly the sort that Petrie hadn't made before. Let's not get revisionist about this.

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    Everybody on this forum and across Scotland thought that Butcher was a good appointment and exactly the sort that Petrie hadn't made before. Let's not get revisionist about this.
    Not so sure they did his record was at best patchy.

I didn’t and history shows that, once again, we made the wrong decision. You can’t say we have since then. By getting this right, Dempster’s succeeding in her job.

Not so sure they did his record was at best patchy.
    He had Inverness second in the table with a game in hand and two points clear of third place Aberdeen when he left for us.

He'd guided them to fourth the season before in a pretty decent top flight, and they were playing good football with Shinnie, Rooney etc.

It really is revisionist, he was an almost universally popular appointment when he came to us. It was seen as good ambition to take second place's manager and almost everybody was on board with it.

Left by mutual consent!
    I thought Butcher was a shocking appointment at the time.

He had Inverness second in the table with a game in hand and two points clear of third place Aberdeen when he left for us.

He'd guided them to fourth the season before in a pretty decent top flight, and they were playing good football with Shinnie, Rooney etc.

It really is revisionist, he was an almost universally popular appointment when he came to us. It was seen as good ambition to take second place's manager and almost everybody was on board with it.
    I was delighted when he got the job. Shows what i know.

Yes he was doing well at Inverness and had them playing well however there was always the question about going to a club where the expectations would be higher and there would be more pressure as his record at Coventry and Sunderland amongst others was awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I was delighted when he got the job. Shows what i know.
    In fairness, you had every right to be.

What we didn't count on was him and Malpas employing horrible bullying tactics that shot the team morale to pieces and started our slide down the table.

Its bizarre that folk can talk about Leanne
    Dempster in the same breath as all these legends. ....its like Man Utd fans waxing lyrical about Best, Law, Charlton and Michael Glazier as if they are all on equal footing in the pantheons of Utd greatness
    Most Man Utd fans will acknowledge the significant contribution made by the people who appointed Alex Ferguson and supported him through a rocky first few years whilst he made his mark on the club without there necessarily being a great deal of success on the park.

The fans would not have been able to enjoy the fantastic players they did in subsequent years if the "suits" had not done what they did at that point.

Testimonial Due
    Good to see posters still spelling her name wrong.

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HFC93 View Post
    Good to see posters still spelling her name wrong.
    We should just call her Love Dempster & that problem goes away.
    Have I mentioned that she's magnificent?
    GG

Left by mutual consent!
    I think I once wrote ( jokingly ) that I might be in love Leeann. ( I’m not really, just really happy with the job she’s doing/done)

Apparently that was one of the saddest posts ever to be written on the Hibs.net forum. Aye there’s folk gunning for her awrite! Idiots if ye ask me. I’ve been around a while and know a good thing when I see it. Long live Leeann

As I have just said on another post.. gutless and spineless against OF.. she could have came out and condemned huns and hertz after the **** NL had went through, but she kept quiet thats not f.n leadership. She has worked miracles while here but she seriously let herself. The club and the fans down with not saying anything.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    She’s done a good job on most fronts, but she can still receive criticism for the things she doesn’t do well, and her stubbornness.

Tickets (loyalty points, stopping selling to certain areas, removing concession prices)
    Communication (appointing fans reps as guinea pigs to take all the flak from herself and not hearing from her for ages until a few weeks ago)
    Refusal to act upon horrendous verbal abuse of players and coaches of the club, which ultimately has led to us receiving even worse headlines as we don’t bring up the bad that happens to us.

It’s a two sides coin, she can receive praise for her good work and criticism for her bad work, like anyone else.
    She has done a lot of good at Hibs when you consider the state the Club was in, on her arrival. So any criticism has to be put into that context.

She has made 2 major errors in her tenure for me. The bit in bold above is the first thing she has got totally wrong. The sectarian abuse Alan Stubbs and Neil Lennon have received at particularly Ibrox, but also at Tynecastle during her tenure was inexplicably ignored by her and the Club. To then come out double barrelled at the Hibs support, for recent indiscretions by a few individuals was always going to cause a reaction from the mainstream support. Contrastingly, when Steve Clarke called out the abuse he received at Ibrox, Killie backed their Manager right away. Good on them.

The other major misjudgement she and the Board have made, IMO that is, was rolling over and refusing to back a public inquiry into the way the football authorities dealt with the Rangers EBT scandal. An inquiry was a massive opportunity to get rid of the dinosaurs at the SFA, who continue to uphold their bias in our game in favour of the OF and retain their cloth ears on sectarianism.

Is she soft on Rangers, being an ex ST holder at Ibrox? That's the elephant in the room and no doubt there are some Hibs supporters who may think that due to her inaction on the above 2 fronts.
    Last edited by The Harp Awakes; 18-03-2019 at 06:00 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    I don’t think LD had any say or control over what her boss instructed the club to say and do over historical hun matters.

Dempster has also been on record saying the Scottish Cup Final was one of the greatest days in her entire life so unless she’s telling msssive porkies and sat in the echelons of Hampden with a sour puss with Warburton I don’t think she’s soft for the huns at allZ