hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Leeann Dempster

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HFC93 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A few nutters on twitter seem to be obsessed with her Rangers supporting past. It’s embarrassing reading some of the stuff posted about her on that subject.
    They sound like bigots

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    one element of it, i think, is that people really don't like the idea of holding themselves (individually or collectively) accountable. i for one think she is absolutely superb.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    There seems to be a band of people on Twitter that have nothing good to say abut Hibs or Leeann, i have no idea what their agenda is or why they are so negative about our club.

I found myself on Friday actually firing of an email to Leeann just to say thanks for what she brings to the club especially over what has been a challenging few motnhs.
    Sauzee04 wouldn’t you pm me her email address please ...it’s for something very positive
    thanks GGTH

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    A few nutters on twitter seem to be obsessed with her Rangers supporting past. It’s embarrassing reading some of the stuff posted about her on that subject.
    Was she a Rangers fan?

#Dempsteroot
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    The removal of NL gave people an opportunity to reignite what seems to be an anti-board agenda. Thought it was handled as well as it could be and PH has started well.

Since then we have had two high profile incidents involving our support that again we mostly handled well.

I do think that the clubs stance on not commenting on the behaviour of visiting fans is starting to backfire. It wouldn’t have taken much to highlight that a TRIFC supporter was arrested for throwing a bottle and was no longer welcome at ER.

IMHO the whole engagement with the support needs looked at. The SLO role seems to be a tick box exercise. Fans Reps on the board doesn’t fill the gap because of their formal responsibilities/ limitations. It’s not about Singing Sections or Working Together groups - it should be everyone from supporters clubs to individual fans in whatever way they can be reached. This is not the CEOs role but they should have someone in place who can do it effectively.

Using the ticketing site when there is any level of demand is a marmite experience that has been regularly highlighted. I think that if we don’t have loyalty points then the ticket site should be fit for purpose. The club may have everything working when the Tynecastle Tickets go on sale, but if they don’t it will lead to more negative comments.

Hopefully these things improve but like many I believe that the club is well run but not beyond criticism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I think she's magnificent, .
    When I was a kid growing up in the late 60s and early 70s the only folk on the easter road payroll that I thought were ''magnificent'' were Pat Stanton, Jimmy O Rourke Arthur Duncan, and Alex Cropley...Worshiping the clubs board was unheard of.
    It must be a new millennial internet thing where some fans adore the clubs CEO.
    For the record, if you want to credit Leeanne for the Scottish Cup win as some of her aficionados like to do then you can also put the 3 years in the Championship down to her as well. I notice another thing her fans love to do is praise her for the way she cast out the ginger satan yet don't actually have a clue what happened due to the club going into silent mode for days after it. Thus allowing every journalist and pundit to ridicule and rip us apart.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Was she a Rangers fan?

#Dempsteroot
    Probably why she wasn’t on the pitch on 21st May.

FUMMIN

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Obscene Omeonga View Post
    I agree with you overall that she is doing a good job however failure to call out the sectarian singing of Rangers/Celtic and to an extent Hearts fans has been poor. As has been the loyalty points debacle.

I was also disappointed recently to find out the clubs stance on false journalism. I e-mailed asking about the situation with a certain reporter and newspaper (Jackson/Record) and was pretty disappointed with the response of 'we don't want to feed their ego and cause more uncertainty". So Jackson and his cronies will continue to dig at the club and fans at every opportunity.
    The Daily Record one is a good point as well, I don't think any of us are happy at the way in which they regularly take shots at us, and I'm definitely of the view that we should have (or should) call them out on it.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Mango Man View Post
    Maybe more would have been said about the singing if that idiot didn't throw a glass bottle on the pitch or if that other idiot didn't run on the pitch, these incidents are worse than sectarian songs for sure.
    Absolutely nothing would've been said even if those incidents hadn't happened. Hibs and Dempster are content at sweeping it under the carpet.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    I like her and think she’s been great for us.

I do however think she handled the Lennon situation terribly and I’m not keen on the whole community club thing that she feels is so important.

She said herself that 5 years would be about right so I can see her leaving next summer at the latest.

Quote Originally Posted by Besties Debut View Post
    When I was a kid growing up in the late 60s and early 70s the only folk on the easter road payroll that I thought were ''magnificent'' were Pat Stanton, Jimmy O Rourke Arthur Duncan, and Alex Cropley...Worshiping the clubs board was unheard of.
    For the record, if you want to credit Leeanne for the Scottish Cup win as some of her aficionados like to do then you can also put the 3 years in the Championship down to her as well. I notice another thing her fans love to do is praise her for the way she cast out the ginger satan yet don't actually have a clue what happened due to the club going into silent mode for days after it. Thus allowing every journalist and pundit to ridicule and rip us apart.
    How come many decades later I know the names of Harry Swan and Tom Hart?

Hibs have, sadly, suffered from some pretty questionable stewardship at that level throughout their history and when they've not been suffering from it they've been suffering from the aftermath of it. It's not a role that gets a lot of acclaim but they put in place the structure for all of our more recognisable figures to thrive and receive our acclaim.

You described some players who are justifiably appreciated by our fanbase for what they did for our club. None of them have ever been on the payroll whilst there has been a Scottish Cup sitting in the trophy cabinet.

Remember where we were when we had just been relegated at that game with Hamilton. That was LD's starting point. Surely no sane Hibs fan can begrudge her a bit of praise and credit for turning that point (starting with bulleting Butcher) via a Scottish Cup win to where we are now, in such a short space of time?

I'm indifferent really.

She is a football administrator who is well paid to make decisions she believes are in the best interests of the business she is employed to run. Some of them I agree with, others I don't.

That's as far as it goes for me really. Who she supported previously is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. It does her professional career no good to make decisions based on an emotional attachment to a rival business. Likewise the idea she would willfully make decisions that could harm the club out of little more than spite seems fanciful at best; it's in her best interests, in terms of both financial recompense and career advancement, that Hibs are successful.

I suppose you could argue she was put on such a pedestal early in her tenure simply for being competent that there is now a thought process among some that she is there to be got at given we have had a tougher spell than many have become used to in the last 2 or 3 years.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    How come many decades later I know the names of Harry Swan and Tom Hart?

Hibs have, sadly, suffered from some pretty questionable stewardship at that level throughout their history and when they've not been suffering from it they've been suffering from the aftermath of it. It's not a role that gets a lot of acclaim but they put in place the structure for all of our more recognisable figures to thrive and receive our acclaim.

You described some players who are justifiably appreciated by our fanbase for what they did for our club. None of them have ever been on the payroll whilst there has been a Scottish Cup sitting in the trophy cabinet.

Remember where we were when we had just been relegated at that game with Hamilton. That was LD's starting point. Surely no sane Hibs fan can begrudge her a bit of praise and credit for turning that point (starting with bulleting Butcher) via a Scottish Cup win to where we are now, in such a short space of time?
    Very much agree. Of course there have been mistakes, but overall she has done a fine job, IMHO.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'm indifferent really.

She is a football administrator who is well paid to make decisions she believes are in the best interests of the business she is employed to run. Some of them I agree with, others I don't.

That's as far as it goes for me really. Who she supported previously is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. It does her professional career no good to make decisions based on an emotional attachment to a rival business. Likewise the idea she would willfully make decisions that could harm the club out of little more than spite seems fanciful at best; it's in her best interests, in terms of both financial recompense and career advancement, that Hibs are successful.

I suppose you could argue she was put on such a pedestal early in her tenure simply for being competent that there is now a thought process among some that she is there to be got at given we have had a tougher spell than many have become used to in the last 2 or 3 years.

I'm with Pretty Boy.

Yes, I realise how inappropriate that sounds, but what the hell.

Everyone will be in agreement that she has a done a fantastic job, however while she is very quick to blame Hibs fans for their bad behaviour(nothing wrong with that although I much preferred Rod's approach of sweeping it under the carpet) she doesn't have the guts to go after the media who have publicly lied about the club on more than one occasion.

Left by mutual consent!

Am i reading your post correctly. Are you actually trying to say that Leanne Dempster has contributed more to Hibs than Stanton, O Rourke, Cropley, and Duncan because they never won a Scottish Cup?

Are you actually trying to equate Dempster's contribution to Pat Stanton's? Arguably our greatest ever player

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Absolutely nothing would've been said even if those incidents hadn't happened. Hibs and Dempster are content at sweeping it under the carpet.
    Yip. She’s now using those incidents as an excuse for not mentioning the behaviour of away fans.

Same people I'd guess who were greetin about Lennon ( the Celtic loving manager) leaving us, oh the irony.

Leeann has been a very good CEO, I think the fans reps were brought in so she could crack on with the job and they could pass on info etc to the fans.

The Lennon debacle has been a big contribution to all this latest seethe against her, weird that the abuse being doled out by the Twitter eejits is the same that got Lennon booted from ER.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    [QUOTE=CB_NO3;5743538]Everyone will be in agreement that she has a done a fantastic job, however while she is very quick to blame Hibs fans for their bad behaviour(nothing wrong with that although I much preferred Rod's approach of sweeping it under the carpet) she doesn't have the guts to go after the media who have publicly lied about the club on more than one occasion.[/QUOTE]

She did in her first PC after Lennon left.

Brian McLaughlin is still looking for his balls.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    The Daily Record one is a good point as well, I don't think any of us are happy at the way in which they regularly take shots at us, and I'm definitely of the view that we should have (or should) call them out on it.
    Agree
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Am i reading your post correctly. Are you actually trying to say that Leanne Dempster has contributed more to Hibs than Stanton, O Rourke, Cropley, and Duncan because they never won a Scottish Cup?

Are you actually trying to equate Dempster's contribution to Pat Stanton's? Arguably our greatest ever player
    I'd take a wild guess....

She did in her first PC after Lennon left.

Brian McLaughlin is still looking for his balls.
    Jesus.

Gary McKay would have more luck looking for his medals.

@hibs.net private member barcahibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    She’s done a good job on most fronts, but she can still receive criticism for the things she doesn’t do well, and her stubbornness.

Tickets (loyalty points, stopping selling to certain areas, removing concession prices)
    Communication (appointing fans reps as guinea pigs to take all the flak from herself and not hearing from her for ages until a few weeks ago)
    Refusal to act upon horrendous verbal abuse of players and coaches of the club, which ultimately has led to us receiving even worse headlines as we don’t bring up the bad that happens to us.

It’s a two sides coin, she can receive praise for her good work and criticism for her bad work, like anyone else.
    Agree, but even here not everyone is going to agree on what her 'bad' work is.

There is absolutely no consensus among the support on the loyalty point issue - it's just that one side shouts louder than the other, she can't win on that one.

Saying the fans reps were appointed to take flack from her is hardly a neutral summing up of their origin and role. You could as easily say that they are there to build goodwill with the fans, but that certain elements of the support don't seem to understand (or want to understand) how they work. They've done some good IMO - but again the negative voices around them will always be louder because that's the nature of people. Once again, she can't win.

There's no proof whatsoever that she's refused to act upon the verbal abuse of our players, coaches etc. Yeah she hasn't had a back page in the tabloids about it - but these are the same newspapers that most of us want her to stop engaging with anyway.
    And more to the point she's been hamstrung in those actions by her own supporters - it's hard to take the moral high ground on these issues when lately we've been amongst the worst culprits (and yeah I agree that bottles and fans on the pitch aren't equivalent to the sevco/celtc massed sectarian choirs but the media establishment, who control the message in this country, are making them equivalent). You can bet that any statement condemning sevco/celtc fans coming from Hibs right now would get a back page with pictures of Leeann, bottles, banners and fans on the pitch and the headline 'Hypocrite!'. We need to control ourselves first in order to give her the ammunition to fight back. She really can't win there.

I think she's doing a decent job. The only complaint I have is that I would have withdrawn co-operation form all the newspapers a long time ago. I don't see any need for us to pander to the so-called 'journalists' who parasitise our game. But even here I can sort of see things from her point of view, as long people buy these rags she has to have some level of co-operation with them (and for all I know there are league rules around allowing journalists access, I don't have the full picture.)

I like the steps towards us becoming a more community focused club - but I know there are posts elsewhere on this thread where folk disagree with that. To me that sums up the difficulty of her job. there are probably 100,000 people across the World who have a more than passing interest in Hibs - and the only thing that really unites us is the football, we have fans of every belief and every political persuasion, supporters and opposers of every cause imaginable, it's an impossible task to make them all happy.

No, that's not what I'm saying.

The players you list are correctly held in very high esteem by our fanbase, none held in higher esteem than Stanton.

A football club is about more than just players. There are board members, managers, coaches, fans, and all sorts of other people who make a club a success or a failure. If they do their stuff correctly, we get players closer in quality to the players you list or the players who won the cup for us. If they don't then there are a lot of Rowan Vines and James Collins' out there for us to waste hours watching.

Dempster being good or horrifically bad at her job has a major effect on the rest of the club. The chairman at the time of the Tornadoes deserves utmost respect for bringing footballers of that quality to our club, just as much as those players deserve respect.

Our Scottish Cup win was about so much more than just David Gray or Anthony Stokes. A huge number of people were getting things right at that time to set up the opportunity for us to win that cup, and one of those was Leeann Dempster. Some of us will be eternally grateful, and it beggars belief that it seems some already aren't.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I think the Scottish Cup has to go down as an achievement under Dempster, in the same way that relegation will forever be a black mark against Petrie.

They take the good with the bad - yes we had three seasons in the Championship under Dempster and if you wanted to hold that against her (for want of a better phrase) then fair enough, but if you do you'd also need to accept that the Scottish Cup win was under her watch, as was Europe (twice and counting), and promotion etc.

It's a shame that everything has to be seen in extremes, that critical folk are seen as haters and people who offer praise as worshippers, where probably neither is the case.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Pretty sure I remember Tom Hart as being held in high regard in the 70s.

Left by mutual consent!
    I think the Scottish Cup has to go down as an achievement under Dempster, in the same way that relegation will forever be a black mark against Petrie.

They take the good with the bad - yes we had three seasons in the Championship under Dempster and if you wanted to hold that against her (for want of a better phrase) then fair enough, but if you do you'd also need to accept that the Scottish Cup win was under her watch, as was Europe (twice and counting), and promotion etc.

It's a shame that everything has to be seen in extremes, that critical folk are seen as haters and people who offer praise as worshippers, where probably neither is the case.
    I'm all about the players. I credit the Scottish Cup win and run in Europe down to the team who played in these games. I blame the relegation on the bottlers who lined up against Hamilton and who those who failed to even reach a playoff final.
    I just don't understand how some fans can worship any business suit who will move onto to their next project once they are finished with this one. Keep your love for those on the park not in the boardroom.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    I'm seeing more and more posts on here and on twitter with a very strong anti-Dempster stance, and so I'm curious as to what is behind it.

I know some people are unhappy at perceived inaction regarding our treatment at Ibrox and/or regarding the sectarian singing from both sides of the OF. Some were unhappy at Rangers getting the whole Dunbar end recently, and there's the thread about the singing section where we have an (admittedly one-sided version of events) issue with some of the support.

The criticism I've seen has been fairly personal and not just on these issues, and so I'd like to hear from people who feel that she is not doing a good job, and why/what evidence do you have for it?

FWIW, I think if you tot up her good v bad, then Dempster is significantly in credit, and the overall picture at the club is significantly better than when she took over. I think she has overseen some major positives at the club - the Scottish Cup win, Europe (twice), promotion, 4th place finish, high attendances etc..

Is it just that some small gripes are being given too much air-time, or are there genuinely folk out there who would rather we replaced her?
    I think there are two scenarios at play:

1. Fans with legitimate grievance

2. Dicks having a moan

1. Is fair play on the loyalty points issue and how club comms were silent when we were drifting at the end of the Lennon tenure. As we've seen, Lennon has cried buckets about his departure from Hibs and gets asked about us in every Celtic press conference. Wait a minute...

2. Everything else just about falls into this category from folk getting banned from the ground to the price of a nip in BTG. Many who accuse LD of waiting for her Rangers chance, are the same who placed their loyalty in Celtic daft Neil Lennon. They're morons. Best ignored.

Shout when we're losing, sing very quietly when we win. A portion of our support hate us to do well.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Pretty sure I remember Tom Hart as being held in high regard in the 70s.
    I don't remember anyone ever saying they loved him. Appreciated yes but certainly not worshipped in the same way the younger generation do with Leanne Dempster. He certainly wasn't credited with winning the league and Dryborough clubs. Only the players got the plaudits for them.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Do you really believe that some Hibs fans prefer it when we’re doing badly?

I’ve seen this kinda chat a lot recently and just don’t get it. I think everyone that ever posts on here wants us to win (Hearts trolls excluded obv).

I mean seriously, do you actually think that or it it just a throw away line?