hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Since 1875

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1. There was pyro/white smoke in the FFU duri g game v The The Rangers. Was it just low cloud?
    2. By all accounts the drumstick got launched during same game. Perhaps the drummer may care to comment on how it slipped from his/her hand due to sweaty palms?

So can I ask has Since 1875 rendered up the culprits or are they "protecting" them. I smell a heavy whiff of ****** coming from some prominent egotists diguised as righteous indignation.

If you dont self police we all get indiscriminately policed.
    I sit in front of the singing section and have been sceptical about them in the past but they are definitely getting an unfair reputation over all of this. The ones causing the trouble don’t seem to be regulars. The main guys seem decent guys. They looked absolutely horrified at the idiot who climbed onto the wall at the front of the FF Upper at our goal vs The Rangers. I can’t be certain, but the drumstick seemed to come from a different area to where the drum usually is (and for that matter it seems the drummer was in police custody when all of this happened). The pyro that went off also seemed to be from further back than where the core singing section guys are based.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Green93 View Post
    1. There was someone who did let off a flare, no idea who set it off tho since it was further up the section. The person who set it off put it on the ground within a few seconds of setting it off and then someone else picked it up and placed it on the stairs next to the section and that was the end of that.

2. The drummer never threw the drumstick. When i seen the drumstick hit the grass, i looked towards the drummer and he still had 2 drumsticks (1 in each hand). Those of us near the drummer were looking around bemused as to where the drumstick came from.
    Have to say I sit in the section below the singing section and the drumstick seemed to come from a more central position rather than the singing section. It also wasn't a full drumstick, the shaft was broken 2/3's of the way down.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    I sit in front of the singing section and have been sceptical about them in the past but they are definitely getting an unfair reputation over all of this. The ones causing the trouble don’t seem to be regulars. The main guys seem decent guys. They looked absolutely horrified at the idiot who climbed onto the wall at the front of the FF Upper at our goal vs The Rangers. I can’t be certain, but the drumstick seemed to come from a different area to where the drum usually is (and for that matter it seems the drummer was in police custody when all of this happened). The pyro that went off also seemed to be from further back than where the core singing section guys are based.
    Reiterating exactly what I just said.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    Have to say I sit in the section below the singing section and the drumstick seemed to come from a more central position rather than the singing section. It also wasn't a full drumstick, the shaft was broken 2/3's of the way down.

Probably just needed chucked then.

Sounds like an over reaction if there’s some sort of clampdown being carried out on Since 1875. Two random people did stupid things recently that made headlines but sadly every team has bammers within their support . One thing we know is neither were in the singing section. So Instead of this knee jerk reaction our club should be looking at ways to support the efforts of Since 1875. They are an asset to our club, Also, I wouldn’t mind knowing what our supporters reps position is in all this. The board is made up of 9 people so if this is a board decision then what say our reps?

I know I'm gonna get slated but I feel the singing section is more a hindrance than a help for atmosphere.
    I sit in ff upper and there is no opportunity to start at a song as there is so much coming from ss.
    Lots the fans all don't know.
    Just my opinion

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm a bit lost with this in all honesty, but here's my take on things from what I've seen on this and the other thread.

First of all lets set aside the guy who threw the bottle at the Celtic game and the guy who confronted Tavernier at the Sevco game, neither one had anything to do with organised supporters groups as far as I can see.

Apparently a supporter may or may not have been banned from Easter Road for letting a flare off in the streets surrounding the stadium. From what I've seen for myself and on You Tube, flares and smoke bombs have been a common occurrence on Since 1875 marches to ER and Tynecastle for a good few years now.
    OK I understand that after ignoring such things for ages the police may have decided to act, however their inactivity up until now regarding these activities would suggest to any reasonable person that a blind eye was deliberately being turned. For them to now turn around and start arresting folk for it is their prerogative I suppose, but in my opinion for Hibs to then ban the supporter involved is in my opinion an over reaction on their part, if indeed that is what they have done.

There was accusations of objects being thrown down onto folk in the FF lower from the upper, which from all accounts has turned out to be paper streamers which formed part of a pre match display …. are folk seriously saying that is part of a problem with misbehaviour from the Since 1875 folk and something to reproach them for …. surely not.

Nobody is saying the Since 1875 guys are squeaky clean …. but it seems to me that they are being made to pay to an extent for the two incidents against the bigot brothers and a subsequent change of approach to pyrotechnics outside of the stadium by police Glasgow. A poster on here has given evidence that a bunch of kids not connected to Since 1875 were responsible for the drumstick incident, surely in their 'meeting?' with the club they were allowed to explain that.

Now the club have withdrawn the facility of the east stand the group use to make their banners and have apparently told them they cant have access to the FF before matches to set up their card displays. In my opinion that is a massive and unfair over reaction caused by events that Since 1975 were not for the most part responsible for, including a change of, if not policy then at least attitude, from the police to something they have been doing for years.

All this highlights a couple of concerns for me.

Exactly what are the 'fans reps' for?, it seems to me that their involvement here has been at best minimal and certainly not from the point of view of them being a conduit between the fans and the board where they can support and represent the fans point of view at board level. If Leeann Dempster is going to address issues between the club and a fans group by dictate, which is what has happened if the Since 1875 guys are to be believed, then the role of fans rep has been rendered utterly redundant.

And for me the biggest issue. Hibs could at a stroke bring this whole situation under control if they were to drop their ( in my opinion ) pig headed and frustratingly stubborn approach to having a family section in the FF lower … where the F were all these season ticket holders in this allegedly sold out section of the stadium this Saturday? …… every F'ing Saturday?
    If that section was designated a wholly standing section with tickets sold not by seat but just for the FF lower any seat then that would allow them to enforce no standing in any part of the stadium apart from there and to ensure correct and proper searches by police and stewards of anybody entering that area of the stadium.

In my opinion in a half assed attempt to be seen to be cleaning up their act vis a vis fan behaviour on the back of only two incidents of real note at this stadium in a period of 4 years, neither of which were anything to do with Since 1875, and worse on the back of a number of incidents over the same 7 day period that had nothing to do with Hibs or Scottish football, then Hibs are seriously chucking out the baby with the bloody bathwater.

I am a huge fan of Leeann Dempster as my posting history will attest to …. but IMO she is getting this horribly wrong and it gives me no pleasure whatsoever to say so.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 18-03-2019 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post

I am a huge fan of Leeann Dempster as my posting history will attest to …. but IMO she is getting this horribly wrong and it gives me no pleasure whatsoever to say so.
    It does look like sledgehammer / nut territory but I still don't think anyone from since 1875 has clearly answered the questions regarding reasons given by the club for the ban?

I've seen one guy say 'no single reason' which implies there were multiple.

Maybe there is a statevent coming :-)

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Bouncer Ross or one of the other Since 1875 guys need to speak to TraceyHibs via PM on here on twitter to work this out.

Thats part of the fans rep role.

I contacted her about something after the Celtc match and it was resolved in a couple of days, we spoke and she explained what happened.

Without the facts...........and some detail from Tracey...........everyone is just speculating.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    It does look like sledgehammer / nut territory but I still don't think anyone from since 1875 has clearly answered the questions regarding reasons given by the club for the ban?

I've seen one guy say 'no single reason' which implies there were multiple.

Maybe there is a statevent coming :-)
    Have a day off Dave FFS. The question has been clearly answered.

Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    Have a day off Dave FFS. The question has been clearly answered.
    I took the night off.

And I've clearly missed it so one more post from you on the reasons given and it's job done.

Ta.

Since 1875 are the first organised group of (mainly) young fans in my 50 years of watching Hibs where causing bother isn't part of the agenda. Their motivation is to create an atmosphere and back the team. If some characters stand in their proximity and misbehave, id imagine that's pretty much impossible for Since 1875 to self-police.

Dempster and co should be pleased that we have a group of young lads for whom bother isn't part of the agenda and who want to back the team. They should be being encouraged, not discouraged. If their access to make and prepare displays has been withdrawn to me that's a knee jerk reaction from the Board. Since 1875 are an easy target for the Board to focus on and for them to be seen to do something, when its individual bams who are the problem. Of course, to effectively deter individual bams would involve spending money on effective cctv and an increased police presence trackside and in the stands.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    I took the night off.

And I've clearly missed it so one more post from you on the reasons given and it's job done.

Ta.
    I must have missed it as well

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    What were the reasons given for the change in relationship between the club and the singing section?

Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    What happened on Saturday?

Were the singing section banned?

I noticed that they all seemed to reappear for the second half?

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Bouncer Ross or one of the other Since 1875 guys need to speak to TraceyHibs via PM on here on twitter to work this out.

Thats part of the fans rep role.

I contacted her about something after the Celtc match and it was resolved in a couple of days, we spoke and she explained what happened.

Without the facts...........and some detail from Tracey...........everyone is just speculating.
    Agreed. This needs sorted out now before it grows into a mega fans v Board fall out. Hibs need to explain what they have done here and why. From the scant facts reported, the Club seem to have overeacted. Needs sorted out via the supporters representatives on the Board.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    What was the reason given to you at the meeting?
    What were the reasons given?
    Anyone able to answer this?

I just wonder if all the personal abuse Leeann has got recently has hardened her stance a wee bit. Posters calling her Majesty and even more nastier stuff on other medias won't go down well. The singing section should be back in the east.

The 1875 guys should show us all by getting full numbers together and singing full pelt right through the livi match.

Easter Road is already a library as it is. Going to be even worse now. Dempster is sounding more like Budge everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I just wonder if all the personal abuse Leeann has got recently has hardened her stance a wee bit. Posters calling her Majesty and even more nastier stuff on other medias won't go down well. The singing section should be back in the east.
    Hardly a revelation to her though is it? She's been here 5 years she has had her fair share of abuse, criticism and praise. She shouldn't be allowing personal feelings to cloud her judgement of what's best for the club.

@hibs.net private member
    Anyone able to answer this?
    I think BR has already stated that no reason was given.

I read “no single reason given” as in none, not one, not multiple. Maybe I’m wrong but that’s how it read to me

Regarding the St Johnstone game we need more organisation for away games. It's absolutely mental that in a stadium that had 7000 empty seats there are arguments with fans and stewards over sitting and standing?

Why can't Hibs get an allocation for a stand like McDermaid and say out of the 6 blocks, blocks 1-2 or 1-3 is the singing section? Can stand in there, there might be flags and a drum. If nots not your scene fair enough go to the remain sections? I went to a Hamburg away game with a German lad i worked with. A few days before the game I got an email from their SLO stating rules, whats allowed etc. 2 drums are allowed and are already allocated, 3 megaphones are allowed and are already allocated, 10 large flags are allowed but only in sector X & Y, banners are allowed so long as they don't cover advertising, standing is block X, Y, Z, sitting is blocks D, E, F in upper areas - bit common sense, keeps everyone right. (HSV also lit of about 20 flares from the warm-up to the end of the match and shock horror no deaths due to 3rd degree burns or smoke inhalation. Stewards and polis didn't bother their ***** also).

Regarding not being allowed to use the FF and East concourses for their displays that sounds petty as hell from the club. Not surprising though, Green Brigade, Union Bears even the guys at Crystal Palace have had similar treatment. Hopefully Since1875 and the club can get it sorted asap.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Hardly a revelation to her though is it? She's been here 5 years she has had her fair share of abuse, criticism and praise. She shouldn't be allowing personal feelings to cloud her judgement of what's best for the club.
    I'm sure she'll take criticism ok but there's never any need for personal abuse, that's how Lennon lost his job.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    I think BR has already stated that no reason was given.

I read “no single reason given” as in none, not one, not multiple. Maybe I’m wrong but that’s how it read to me
    So they went to see her and were told that they couldn't do any more displays and that's it? No reason(s) given and they didn't ask why?

@hibs.net private member
    So they went to see her and were told that they couldn't do any more displays and that's it? No reason(s) given and they didn't ask why?
    Just going by what’s already been posted by a couple of posters that would know

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    I’d find that very hard to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Pity the story keeps changing. According to you the drummer was in Police custody at the time (and why was that?) Yet in the next post others claim he looked on in disbelief. So what was it. If people can't get their stories straight it reeks of cover up.

You admit the flare came from the singing section, just not the "core" bit, like the drum stick ( who goes to a game with a broken drumstick and no drum?).

People do not just associate the singing section with just the so called "core group" egotists but with the whole section they convinced the club to ditch the existing ST holders from so the could have the whole section.
    Last edited by hibbyfraelibby; 18-03-2019 at 08:47 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Our support are hardly blameless at times, but Dempster does seem to like the sledgehammer approach with OUR fans, yet is very silent when its the usual behaviour OUR fans receive both home and away at Ibrox Parkhead and tynecastle.

Maybe if she was seen to be supporting OUR fans at certain times, they would not be taking things into their own hands and behaving badly as they have done recently?

You can call this whataboutery if you like, but when you see our response to what happens in that away end whenever those lot appear at Easter Road, then is it any surprise folk behave similarly?
    She will never criticize Celtic, Rangers or the governing bodies. She doesn't want to burn any bridges for her next big move.