hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Since 1875

Its quite easy stop throwing objects from the stands and stop taking pyrotechnics to games and you will be fine everyone should know that and Leanne is perfectly correct in banning them
    How many times do fans complain when it happens at sevco fc

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by May21/05/16 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its quite easy stop throwing objects from the stands and stop taking pyrotechnics to games and you will be fine everyone should know that and Leanne is perfectly correct in banning them
    How many times do fans complain when it happens at sevco fc

I’m sure our club will be proactive in banning all ‘sevco fc’ fans from our stadium after last weeks sectarian singing.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Exactly. I find the concept of an organised singing section pretty sad - but ir seems to be a legacy of a downward spiral in the clubs fortunes since 2007 culminating in the disastrous end to the 13/14 season. The demolition and replacement of the old East took place right in the middle of that period. That for me was when the atmosphere changed. I hope we can see a return to the days where everyone anywhere just sings because they want to. With no need for a singing section. I won’t hold my breath though.

The old east terracing where pretty much everyone sang ..Miss those days ! Wee stand but my god the noise it generated underneath the gantry was unbelievable ! Loved a derby against Hearts , And when you scored against them scenes were unreal

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HTD1875 View Post
    Couple people questioning her majesty’s decisions and it’s thread closed straight away, embarrassing.
    Her Majesty🤦🏻*♂️

Was it not just streamers flying down from the FF Upper as part of a display against The Rangers?

Apologies if it causes offence, but I can’t really imagine feeling the need to complain about having a very light bit of paper floating above me.

Cant see why that merits a ban from displays.

Quote Originally Posted by KingFlo View Post
    Was it not just streamers flying down from the FF Upper as part of a display against The Rangers?

Apologies if it causes offence, but I can’t really imagine feeling the need to complain about having a very light bit of paper floating above me.

Cant see why that merits a ban from displays.
    I don't think anyone really knows as neither hibs or the flag guys have given any reasons for it as yet.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Exactly. I find the concept of an organised singing section pretty sad - but ir seems to be a legacy of a downward spiral in the clubs fortunes since 2007 culminating in the disastrous end to the 13/14 season. The demolition and replacement of the old East took place right in the middle of that period. That for me was when the atmosphere changed. I hope we can see a return to the days where everyone anywhere just sings because they want to. With no need for a singing section. I won’t hold my breath though.
    But people don't sing, as the last decade has proven.

A lot of people are happy to sit in their seats, look at their phones, check the other scores, talk with their mates, just watch the game, you name it.

And that's fine. That's their choice.

But that is why active supports are so desperately needed. The old culture of people just standing and singing (which I think is heavily exaggerated and romanticised, by the way) is long gone.

First Team Breakthrough HTD1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    I don't think anyone really knows as neither hibs or the flag guys have given any reasons for it as yet.
    There was no single reason given, the board are under pressure from the league/media over general fan behaviour so have had to take action.

There was no single reason given, the board are under pressure from the league/media over general fan behaviour so have had to take action.
    You'll forgive me if I choose not to take anyone who posted the pish you did earlier about others views/Dempster/her majesty seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    But people don't sing, as the last decade has proven.

A lot of people are happy to sit in their seats, look at their phones, check the other scores, talk with their mates, just watch the game, you name it.

And that's fine. That's their choice.

But that is why active supports are so desperately needed. The old culture of people just standing and singing (which I think is heavily exaggerated and romanticised, by the way) is long gone.
    Agreed I’ve been shocked especially at away games this season, 95% of the hibs crowd happy just to sit down and watch the game without any interest in making an atmosphere. No problem with it as that’s their choice but do find it sad.

You'll forgive me if I choose not to take anyone who posted the pish you did earlier about others views/Dempster/her majesty seriously.
    Of course each to their own. You’ve obviously had better experiences with Leeann than I have.

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    I’m sure our club will be proactive in banning all ‘sevco fc’ fans from our stadium after last weeks sectarian singing.
    I wouldn't hold my breath in banning fans for singing sectarian songs I would have no problem if hibs did ban them in fact I'm sure most hibs fans would welcome it but in the same token you cant justify lobbing stuff on to the pitch and letting of pyrotechnics

What were the reasons given?

Agreed I’ve been shocked especially at away games this season, 95% of the hibs crowd happy just to sit down and watch the game without any interest in making an atmosphere. No problem with it as that’s their choice but do find it sad.
    St Johnstone away was a massive eye-opener for me. I bought me ticket for it very early so was in the back row. As results improved I got more and more excited, thinking we'd take a big crowd through. And we did, but almost nobody sung bar for the lads down at the front.

And, as far as I could tell, they were getting harassed by stewards and police for standing. No wonder nobody wants to sing when the authorities are trying to stop it wherever possible.

Obviously once we scored the winner most of the crowd were singing (or at least clapping) along to the songs, but it really surprised me how little enthusiasm there was for singing before that.

It's a cold Wednesday night in Perth, I'd hate to sit there in silence and freeze. Glad I was back row so I could at least stand up, and occasionally join in with a Hibs song. Felt like even that got me some looks from people sitting nearby, though.

Quote Originally Posted by May21/05/16 View Post
    I wouldn't hold my breath in banning fans for singing sectarian songs I would have no problem if hibs did ban them in fact I'm sure most hibs fans would welcome it but in the same token you cant justify lobbing stuff on to the pitch and letting of pyrotechnics

Nobody is justifying it, or I certainly ain’t. My point is it leaves a very sour taste banning more and more of our support while welcoming more and more of those two cheeks from the west and the bile they bring. Seems their sectarian penny is far more important to our club than our own ‘sometimes daft’ penny.

St Johnstone away was a massive eye-opener for me. I bought me ticket for it very early so was in the back row. As results improved I got more and more excited, thinking we'd take a big crowd through. And we did, but almost nobody sung bar for the lads down at the front.

And, as far as I could tell, they were getting harassed by stewards and police for standing. No wonder nobody wants to sing when the authorities are trying to stop it wherever possible.

Obviously once we scored the winner most of the crowd were singing (or at least clapping) along to the songs, but it really surprised me how little enthusiasm there was for singing before that.

It's a cold Wednesday night in Perth, I'd hate to sit there in silence and freeze. Glad I was back row so I could at least stand up, and occasionally join in with a Hibs song. Felt like even that got me some looks from people sitting nearby, though.
    Is this the narrative now? That the current flag wavers invented atmosphere and everyone else is a boring fart?

Really guys, you are just draining support from people who previously backed you.
    Last edited by DaveF; 17-03-2019 at 06:10 PM.

Can I just make it clear that the moron who threw the drumstick from the FFU is not a regular that I recognise from that section. At every cat A game there are more people than seats which can only mean that people from the FF lower are coming upstairs. The group of young guys from where the drumstick was thrown were in row JJ where I'm a season ticket holder and they are not regulars and as far as I know are nothing to do with since 1875. This overcrowding during the cat A games is something the club has to deal with and promptly as this is the issue that causes the hassle in the FFU. Stupid little gits who turn up and want to be part of the noise and atmosphere but don't give a toss about what they do as someone else gets the blame. Since 1875 should perhaps highlight this problem to the club who seem overly keen to act on the daft wee gits behalf.

Of course each to their own. You’ve obviously had better experiences with Leeann than I have.
    Never had the 'privilege' to speak to her before

As a near 50 year old, Dundee away was an eye opener for me. Great singing from the whole stand after a shaky opening 15 minutes.

No weird looks from anyone as they were all singing.

@hibs.net private member

Someone told me they decided to sit where they wanted (not in their allocated seats) and when they were asked to move they refused. Presumably that’s why the stewards were “harrassing“ them.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post
    Can I just make it clear that the moron who threw the drumstick from the FFU is not a regular that I recognise from that section. At every cat A game there are more people than seats which can only mean that people from the FF lower are coming upstairs. The group of young guys from where the drumstick was thrown were in row JJ where I'm a season ticket holder and they are not regulars and as far as I know are nothing to do with since 1875. This overcrowding during the cat A games is something the club has to deal with and promptly as this is the issue that causes the hassle in the FFU. Stupid little gits who turn up and want to be part of the noise and atmosphere but don't give a toss about what they do as someone else gets the blame. Since 1875 should perhaps highlight this problem to the club who seem overly keen to act on the daft wee gits behalf.
    They've been doing this since they were in Section 43, and had to move to the front of the stand, where they issued tickets to those who they knew wouldn't cause bother.

The radges have followed them, wherever they go.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post

The old east terracing where pretty much everyone sang ..Miss those days ! Wee stand but my god the noise it generated underneath the gantry was unbelievable ! Loved a derby against Hearts , And when you scored against them scenes were unreal
    The atmosphere in the new East, even on a good day, pales in comparison to the terracing. Our stadium is just far too open at the moment. I'm not suggesting we put seats in the corners, but surely there's something that can be done to fill them up to a decent height, to make the place feel a little bit more enclosed.

the drumstick I’ve seen mentioned so many times but I’ve yet to see it.
    The guy below seems to have saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post

Is this the narrative now? That the current flag wavers invented atmosphere and everyone else is a boring fart?

Really guys, you are just draining support from people who previously backed you.
    Didny mean it like that, as another poster has pointed out suppose it just depends on the circumstances as Dundee was bouncing.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar

They were getting “harassed” by stewards because folk who had tickets elsewhere gathered behind the goal and were standing three / four per seat and spilling out onto the stairway blocking people trying to use the walkway.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheReg! View Post
    As far as I’m aware, there is no strict liability in Scotland.
    While there might not be strict liability, the media reports incidents in such a way that Hibs (maybe more so than other clubs, maybe not) gets linked. The last couple of weeks have done us no favours - undeniably we have had supporters who stepped over the line between passion and behaviour that leads to criminal charges or banning orders.

This just adds to a legacy that emerged from May 2016. I was very unhappy about the pitch invasion at the time and have probably mellowed over the last couple of years, but there is a narrative emerging and being set about our support. And it is one the media and commentariat will more than happily use to brand us and tarnish us.

And if the day comes when legislation or policy does catch up with what most sensible people think, and provides the means to tackle the filthy abuse and bile that can be witnessed from Rankgers fans every weekend, you can bet your house that the legislation and policy will be used to hammer us if we are seeing objects thrown, or pitch encroachment.

There might not be strict liability, but if you surveyed the public based on what has happened and what's been reported, then our support would likely be at the top of the list of irresponsible or criminal behaviour, regardless of what the OF do.

At some point there will be a crackdown and when it comes it shouldn't be us who are hit hardest, but it will be, because there is a story being set that puts us in the worst possible light.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Nobody is justifying it, or I certainly ain’t. My point is it leaves a very sour taste banning more and more of our support while welcoming more and more of those two cheeks from the west and the bile they bring. Seems their sectarian penny is far more important to our club than our own ‘sometimes daft’ penny.
    I agree with what you say its went on for years with them two spiteful clubs and it will continue until someone has the balls to punish them severely starting closing sections of the grounds from the SFA to the police and the rest of Scottish football clubs and the courts but sadly there is no one that has courage to do it and it wont change

But I cant justify anyone that misbehaves in our support

If it was me I would close sections of the ground where it happens for the next home game and if it happens then repeat and hopefully the good fans will sort out the bad ones I would not dock points as it hurts the players

As a near 50 year old, Dundee away was an eye opener for me. Great singing from the whole stand after a shaky opening 15 minutes.

No weird looks from anyone as they were all singing.
    A Friday night away game when folk have begun their weekend bevvy is always going to be decent. Been to so many away games this season where the Hibs support has been shocking in terms of vocal support as opposed to a few years ago.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Someone told me they decided to sit where they wanted (not in their allocated seats) and when they were asked to move they refused. Presumably that’s why the stewards were “harrassing“ them.
    There were definitely some guys moved along because they were in the wrong seats, the ironic thing (of course) was that the seats were left empty after the guys had been moved.

Although with pay at the gate I don't see how the steward would have known that before moving them.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

They were getting it tight from the stewards, but rightly so. They were crammed into one area and spilling out into the walkways - and whether anyone agrees with it or not, standing for the whole game is generally against ground rules for most places.

I was at the midweek away game towards the end of the season up there, and the same thing happened with them congregating down the front. They stood just in front of where our allocated seats were, and if my young daughter and 70 odd year old father hadn’t moved they’d have seen **** all of the game.

I get that they’ve been great for creating atmosphere over the last few years but let’s be honest, they didn’t invent going to the football with your pals and singing. And they need to have a bit more respect for other supporters who either don’t want to stand or don’t want to sing.