hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Since 1875

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye, grassing people's behaviour is bad, so let's just let them do what they want. That's twisted logic.

Before anybody replies, I'd like to make clear that I have no idea what the guy was banned for (so make no judgement either way), I'm referring to reporting offensive or violent behaviour in general.
    To be honest I thought Ross’ post was a shortening of Leeann and used with some irony around the reaching out to supporters stuff.
    Either way it’s pertinent.

Pretty depressing thread though. The singing section appear to be getting victimised. The thrown bottle never came from there, the radge playing keeping uppie with the hun never came from there. A few folk on here who visit Easter Road only on occasion now appear eager to debate the merits of the section. As ever. Similar stuff has been happening all season going right back to widespread condemnation of these boys for that flare in Greece by folks who watched the game on YouTube or Periscope.
    They’ve added much needed atmosphere to Easter Road. A good atmosphere. Reflected by the voluntary funding and the reaction to one or several marvellous displays that they worked hard at. They should not be hounded out. Not by the club and never by their fellow supporters.
    Time for Heroes right enough.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by HFC93 View Post
    Slightly off topic, but 'Taliban.net' is a rubbish nickname.

Nae creativity, of all the totalitarian/oppressive regimes to pick they've gone for the Taliban.

Must do better.
    Maybe it's the duality of meaning in the word 'ban'. But I'm not the wordsmith who coined it.

If we want a proper atmosphere at games, then perhaps more of us than just one or two sections should just create it.

As much as I enjoy most of the singing from the group in the FF Upper, we shouldn't have to rely on a small but organized group that rarely turn up for the smaller cup games and take a moody now and then and refuse to sing (like first half yesterday).

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    Maybe it's the duality of meaning in the word 'ban'. But I'm not the wordsmith who coined it.
    Ah I see haha. I retract my previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss
    The meeting was short, sweet and direct.
    What was the reason given to you at the meeting?

Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    The support is wishing to discuss so shall the admins allow the conversation?
    There seems to be some sort of misunderstanding here, closing the thread was nowt to do with us as has been said. At least two Admin team members contributed to that thread. It’s may be too late now as the discussion has moved here but would the OP of the original thread be OK opening it again? Moulin?
    The support needs to stick together on this surely.
    I made a suggestion on the previous thread, happy to help that get done if you do go down that route. As long as banners / displays aren’t offensive then there is no way the club should be banning them. It’s our club to support as we see fit, not some temporary custodian to tell us what to do.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

First Team Breakthrough HTD1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    My two cents, from somebody who's stood in the singing section for one gam, which was Celtic at home in the Quarter Final a fortnight back.

The singing section (or Since 1875 as I've today found out they're called) do a fantastic job in spite of several limitations that are placed on them either by circumstance, financial constraints or the club.

It's galling that they stand in the top corner of a stand that is as far away from the action as possible, while the tier below them lies half full every week apart from Category A games. This is in no way a pop at the loyal Hibs fans who are there in the FFL week in, week out. They're supporting their club and sitting in seats that they've sat in for years if not decades.

For that Celtic game that me and a pal went in the FF Upper for, it was a great atmosphere, and there was a good surfer display too before the game that clearly must've cost a bit of cash to make. While they ask for donations on here from time to time, they must be putting a fair bit of their own money into these displays as well.

It seems an almost uniquely British thing that boardrooms view ultras/active support/whatever you want to call them as a hindrance, rather than a massive boost for a club. Hibs, I've felt, have been more supportive than most in the past few years, but these recent weeks seem to suggest things have deteriorated.

For what it's worth, I think Since 1875 should now break all remaining communication with the board and go rogue, for want of a better word. Buy season tickets in the East for next year, gather at the top of a section (probably 45 sadly as everywhere else will have ST holders) and make an atmosphere, prove their worth and slowly watch the club come crawling back with cap in hand.

Appreciate the lack of an East concourse for displays must be extremely frustrating, but is there nowhere else where it'd be possible to do? A large hall or the like? I might be completely wrong, I helped set up the display before the Rangers game last May but that was just putting flags into seats. Since I've never been involved in the process of creating banners etc, I have no idea what sort of facilities yous are needing.

Think the board are taking a much too short-termist view on this. The way that these groups grow is over time. The Green Brigade, though I dislike them, started in 2006 as a handful of Celtic supporters. It's now grown into a massive safe standing section that is probably the only thing British football has which is close to a proper, European ultras section.

If Section 43 hadn't broken up we'd probably be in an even better position - atmosphere wise - than we are at the moment. Since 1875 had to start off pretty much from scratch and they've done a fantastic job. Give them what they want and let them flourish, because the fans who've come back since we won the cup are temporary, these guys will be around a lot longer and for the benefit of our whole support.

I'll end by saying that there has been a, give or take, worldwide move to gentrify football for the last decade or so now. TV companies take a lot of blame for that, as do UEFA and FIFA who have given far too much power to the biggest clubs and the biggest players.

Scotland has a chance to break away from this and be something for the fans. It really, really wouldn't be difficult to do, either. Why are we trying to imitate English football? We'll never have the money to replicate it and it'll never be taken as seriously.

Why don't we try something radical and different? Cheap ticket prices, boisterous supports and full support from clubs for their fans would all go a long way to improving the Scottish game.
    Excellent post

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Still waiting on an apology from those who jumped in feet first. Not that I'm holding my breath.

Things like that are why people get banned then run off to use phrases like taliban.net.
    You'll wait a while as none of them will be honest enough to do so.

Got to be honest and say that while I had a degree of sympathy towards the singing section and the ban, reading some if the posts from those guys is making me feel less so.

Sure they are pissed off and maybe even have grounds to feel so but the comments to other posters and their general tone is poor.

@hibs.net private member
    Maybe the 1875 guys could post their side and not just snippets?

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Maybe the 1875 guys could post their side and not just snippets?

Maybe the snippets have covered it all?

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Maybe the snippets have covered it all?
    I doubt it.

They had a short, sharp meeting and we're told everything was banned. Without any reason at all given?

If that is true then the club deserve criticism.

But we won't know until Ross tells all.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    I doubt it.

They had a short, sharp meeting and we're told everything was banned. Without any reason at all given?

I see Tracey has mentioned that there were complaints from people in the FF Lower about items being thrown from above and landing on them.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Still waiting on an apology from those who jumped in feet first. Not that I'm holding my breath.

Things like that are why people get banned then run off to use phrases like taliban.net.
    Ok, I'll apologise, I assumed only admins could close a thread. Poor decision from the OP, though. And dreadful behaviour by Leean.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I doubt it.

It doesn't ring true, right enough, but arbitrarily banning the displays seems heavy handed, unnecessary and self defeating.

If there really is no more to this than has already been said, then there needs to be a petition or some other form of protest.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    And dreadful behaviour by Leean.
    There’s always two sides to every story, and we’ve only had very small snippets of one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    It doesn't ring true, right enough, but arbitrarily banning the displays seems heavy handed, unnecessary and self defeating.

If there really is no more to this than has already been said, then there needs to be a petition or some other form of protest.

I agree.

To me, this is exactly the sort of thing the fans rep should be involved in. A buffer between fans groups and the board who can also talk to everyone in the support and tell the real story rather than the idle gossip we are currently engaged in.

Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    There’s always two sides to every story, and we’ve only had very small snippets of one of them.
    If it was a closed conversation, and I’ll take BouncerRoss’ word on that, then the snippets will have covered it all.

Never really post on here however I'm a daily viewer.

As a member of the group from the days of the 12th man* to what we have now, it pains to say I'm personaly parting ways with the 'fan scene' at Easter Road.

The ambition of the group's massive, especially the past few years. Started out a few hibs trying to bring colour and a bit atmosphere to the game, over the years its grew, its had its up and downs, but I've loved every minute of it, most my closest pals have came from this group, the amount of time and effort the boys put into it is unreal. It's not just 90minutes most weekends its everyday constant planning/discussions, like a part time job to some thriving for it to succeed and hit the long term goals.

When the club tell you that its a 'privilege' that we get to do displays, it infuriates me, I've seen some of my best pals put there heart and soul into finishing displays to reach deadlines, the procedure has been torture at times, but to see that end result when it all comes together makes you proud as hell. Stopping the group doing displays cause its a 'privilege' but will happily milk every single bit of marketing out of it.

I hope the boys crack on and make the long term goals happen, it's a bloody cracking group of boys who will welcome anyone in like family, but I've ran my course with the group, and will be returning with a few friends over in the good old east stand.

I'm sure once a few of the boys speak, they'll clear everything up officially with a group statement.

Hibs

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    There seems to be some sort of misunderstanding here, closing the thread was nowt to do with us as has been said. At least two Admin team members contributed to that thread. It’s may be too late now as the discussion has moved here but would the OP of the original thread be OK opening it again? Moulin?
    The support needs to stick together on this surely.
    I made a suggestion on the previous thread, happy to help that get done if you do go down that route. As long as banners / displays aren’t offensive then there is no way the club should be banning them. It’s our club to support as we see fit, not some temporary custodian to tell us what to do.
    If you want. But it has moved to this thread so you can open my thread if you want, then there are 2 threads covering the same ground, IMHO.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

I’m sure Leeann will put out a statement advising exactly why a full scale ban has been placed upon the group, or maybe not as communication, unless having a go at the fans, isn’t our strongest point.

@hibs.net private member
    I agree.

To me, this is exactly the sort of thing the fans rep should be involved in. A buffer between fans groups and the board who can also talk to everyone in the support and tell the real story rather than the idle gossip we are currently engaged in.
    I agree 100% Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Thomson1875 View Post
    Never really post on here however I'm a daily viewer.

As a member of the group from the days of the 12th man* to what we have now, it pains to say I'm personaly parting ways with the 'fan scene' at Easter Road.

The ambition of the group's massive, especially the past few years. Started out a few hibs trying to bring colour and a bit atmosphere to the game, over the years its grew, its had its up and downs, but I've loved every minute of it, most my closest pals have came from this group, the amount of time and effort the boys put into it is unreal. It's not just 90minutes most weekends its everyday constant planning/discussions, like a part time job to some thriving for it to succeed and hit the long term goals.

When the club tell you that its a 'privilege' that we get to do displays, it infuriates me, I've seen some of my best pals put there heart and soul into finishing displays to reach deadlines, the procedure has been torture at times, but to see that end result when it all comes together makes you proud as hell. Stopping the group doing displays cause its a 'privilege' but will happily milk every single bit of marketing out of it.

I hope the boys crack on and make the long term goals happen, it's a bloody cracking group of boys who will welcome anyone in like family, but I've ran my course with the group, and will be returning with a few friends over in the good old east stand.

I'm sure once a few of the boys speak, they'll clear everything up officially with a group statement.

Hibs
    If the word privilege was used then that really is poor.

As you say the club were happy to use the displays as part of the marketing literature for a long time. As pointed out above this is exactly what fans reps should be for; acting as mediators and trying to find a way forward.

B Ross..... Did Frank and/or Tracey attend this meeting. Or lecture, whatever it was?

I've not been as involved in display creations as others, but seeing people take time off work, spend their Sunday's locked in the east stand to get a display ready, and the club to milk it for their advertising... for this to be taken off of us and called a privaledge is nothing short of embarrassing from Leeann Dempster and she's lost any support from me.

Through Sect43 and Since1875 there's been some cracking displays but she's killing everything the group worked for.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    If we want a proper atmosphere at games, then perhaps more of us than just one or two sections should just create it.

As much as I enjoy most of the singing from the group in the FF Upper, we shouldn't have to rely on a small but organized group that rarely turn up for the smaller cup games and take a moody now and then and refuse to sing (like first half yesterday).
    Exactly. I find the concept of an organised singing section pretty sad - but ir seems to be a legacy of a downward spiral in the clubs fortunes since 2007 culminating in the disastrous end to the 13/14 season. The demolition and replacement of the old East took place right in the middle of that period. That for me was when the atmosphere changed. I hope we can see a return to the days where everyone anywhere just sings because they want to. With no need for a singing section. I won’t hold my breath though.

This looks to be another og by Leeann with regards to the fans. She's done a lot of good, but ever since getting rid of the loyalty points she's made poor decision after another when it comes to fans/tickets etc. It's almost like after the surge in support at games since the cup win she's decided that fan engagement doesn't matter cause we're all coming to games anyway

Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    This looks to be another og by Leeann with regards to the fans. She's done a lot of good, but ever since getting rid of the loyalty points she's made poor decision after another when it comes to fans/tickets etc. It's almost like after the surge in support at games since the cup win she's decided that fan engagement doesn't matter cause we're all coming to games anyway
    She’ll still have her fans who can’t see any wrong she does and who moan when those who travel home and away get more ‘privileges’ (to use her word) than them, so will think she’s doing a grand job.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    She’ll still have her fans who can’t see any wrong she does and who moan when those who travel home and away get more ‘privileges’ (to use her word) than them, so will think she’s doing a grand job.
    That's just not true. I have said continually on this thread and the last that she has made mistakes but this is awfy one sided at the moment. There has still not been any comment on the pyrotechnics set off at the rangers game or the drumstick thrown on the pitch at the rangers game. Both of these will get you banned from ER and rightly so. I think from previous threads etc that the club and the singing section have worked well together but now after what seems like a few warnings they haven't listened and folk have been banned. This is what happens when you get clubs within clubs. The green brigade were also banned from celtic park from memory after being warned about their behaviour and they didn't like that either. It would be a good one for the fans reps to try to act as go betweens to settle the issue amicably

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    That's just not true. I have said continually on this thread and the last that she has made mistakes but this is awfy one sided at the moment. There has still not been any comment on the pyrotechnics set off at the rangers game or the drumstick thrown on the pitch at the rangers game. Both of these will get you banned from ER and rightly so. I think from previous threads etc that the club and the singing section have worked well together but now after what seems like a few warnings they haven't listened and folk have been banned. This is what happens when you get clubs within clubs. The green brigade were also banned from celtic park from memory after being warned about their behaviour and they didn't like that either. It would be a good one for the fans reps to try to act as go betweens to settle the issue amicably
    It’s only one sided as the club won’t communicate regarding it. The pyro was outside and has been done many times on the way to games, and the drumstick I’ve seen mentioned so many times but I’ve yet to see it.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    It’s only one sided as the club won’t communicate regarding it. The pyro was outside and has been done many times on the way to games, and the drumstick I’ve seen mentioned so many times but I’ve yet to see it.
    There was pyro inside as well in that area of the FF upper. The drumstick has been commented on by a number of posters.