hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Since 1875

It's for reasons like this i think the fans rep thing is a waste of time. Ultimately Leeann makes the decisions.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Get Since1875 back in the east stand where they belong, they have been placed in the FF upper and it doesn’t work. I’m not part of the group but appreciate the efforts to create some atmosphere at the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By whom?
    By people who feel that criticism of certain people and subjects can't be discussed.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheReg! View Post
    Blanket punishments is not the way to solve any issue!
    Then fellow supporters need to call out those responsible, for throwing missiles and lighting pyros, for example. Until that happens the club have to take the blanket approach until the idiots are removed.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    Then fellow supporters need to call out those responsible, for throwing missiles and lighting pyros, for example. Until that happens the club have to take the blanket approach until the idiots are removed.
    That you Lee?

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    By people who feel that criticism of certain people and subjects can't be discussed.
    Their thinking is flawed.

You should ask them to give a few examples of when discussion on those subjects have been banned.

They won't be able to.

Left by mutual consent!
    I agree with the first part however, when was the last time you saw a flare coming from the FFU??? The blanket punishment is way over the top imho, an easy out for LD. She is not protecting the clubs reputation by doing this, she is looking after her own interest. It wouldn’t surprise me if she isn’t gone come the end of the season.

Hopefully we still have 100 smoke bombs on the way to Tynie in a few weeks, never been an issue til now and the police have never been bothered by it either until now.

You can’t pick and choose when to hand punishments out for the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    That you Lee?
    If it’s illegal and the club could face sanctions of some sort for fans actions then what do you suggest happens?

Quote Originally Posted by leither17 View Post
    If it’s illegal and the club could face sanctions of some sort for fans actions then what do you suggest happens?
    The club cannot face sanctions for the behaviour of fans pre game outside the stadium.

Left by mutual consent!
    As far as I’m aware, there is no strict liability in Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    The club cannot face sanctions for the behaviour of fans pre game outside the stadium.
    I was talking about throwing missles and lighting flares which was mentioned in the quoted post

I am not an Admin, I started the thread about how wonderful the singing sounded yesterday, coming from the West stand hospitality area.

That the thread degenerated into a slanging match, particularly critisising the actions being taken to eradicate the actions of a minority that are seen as damaging the club, then I felt it wrong to continue the thread. As I started the thread, I had the ability to close it.

If you want to start a new thread to have a go at the club feel free, but don't hijack a thread that started out positively praising fans for supporting the club.

You're absolutely right in doing so.

Don't be so defensive, you know exactly what actions have been damaging to our club recently.

Missiles, encroaching on the pitch, pyrotechnics.... Do I need to go on?
    I'm all ears as to how Since 1875 have been encroaching the pitch from the top tier of the Famous Five.

As far as I’m aware, there is no strict liability in Scotland.
    So no matter what goes on in the stand it won’t affect the club with fines etc?

I was talking about throwing missles and lighting flares which was mentioned in the quoted post
    The missiles and pitch invaders came from the east, and the pyros were pre game outside the ground. The club would have to be very daft indeed to get done by the authorities when there is no strict liability.

Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    That you Lee?

Aye, grassing people's behaviour is bad, so let's just let them do what they want. That's twisted logic.

Before anybody replies, I'd like to make clear that I have no idea what the guy was banned for (so make no judgement either way), I'm referring to reporting offensive or violent behaviour in general.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    I agree with the first part however, when was the last time you saw a flare coming from the FFU???
    Last time was against The The Rangers.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    Plus numerous reports of a drumstick being thrown onto the pitch. I'm not taking sides here by any manner of means but still haven't heard from BouncerRoss about that yet. As I've said many times get our house in order first as we can have some control over that and then look at away support. Bottle throwing and pitch invading in the last couple of weeks has let celtic and the Hun off the hook.

Left by mutual consent!
    Why would you close the first thread then prominently post on this thread?

Left by mutual consent!
    They'll be persona non grata because they're young males and occasionally they act like young males. The luvvies that run sport/entertainment only want cosy braindead consumers that buy tickets and don't ask questions. If some wee f@nny runs on the pitch/throws a bottle then it's that persons fault and they'll be punished for it. A bunch of guys that bang a drum and have a display etc aren't to blame. I think you nailed her hypocrisy when you wrote that she's happy to use the displays for marketing reasons.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the police are trying to put pressure on the club behind the scenes btw. Any away game I've noticed the singing section being watched rather obsessively by the plod.

Still waiting on an apology from those who jumped in feet first. Not that I'm holding my breath.

Things like that are why people get banned then run off to use phrases like taliban.net.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    Fair enough. Never saw it personally however, my argument still stands, why blanket punish a group for an individual crime. Can we expect a blanket punishment for Sevco/Celtic/Hearts for bringing in Pyro, destroying seats, inc throwing them, not to mention sectarian abuse/singing?

@BouncerRoss, ultimately your group up in the FFU need to screw the nut with the pyro if it’s a recurring thing (I’ve not seen much from there tbh) Ive no doubt you all keep in comms via WhatsApp to chat about things like this. My suggestion would be to start a fresh next season in the East in and around Sec 43.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post

He explained that.

It's because the first thread was supposed to be a positive comment on the support from those in the West Upper, but people hijacked it onto a completely different subject.

This one is specifically about that subject, so why shouldn't he discuss it?

My two cents, from somebody who's stood in the singing section for one gam, which was Celtic at home in the Quarter Final a fortnight back.

The singing section (or Since 1875 as I've today found out they're called) do a fantastic job in spite of several limitations that are placed on them either by circumstance, financial constraints or the club.

It's galling that they stand in the top corner of a stand that is as far away from the action as possible, while the tier below them lies half full every week apart from Category A games. This is in no way a pop at the loyal Hibs fans who are there in the FFL week in, week out. They're supporting their club and sitting in seats that they've sat in for years if not decades.

For that Celtic game that me and a pal went in the FF Upper for, it was a great atmosphere, and there was a good surfer display too before the game that clearly must've cost a bit of cash to make. While they ask for donations on here from time to time, they must be putting a fair bit of their own money into these displays as well.

It seems an almost uniquely British thing that boardrooms view ultras/active support/whatever you want to call them as a hindrance, rather than a massive boost for a club. Hibs, I've felt, have been more supportive than most in the past few years, but these recent weeks seem to suggest things have deteriorated.

For what it's worth, I think Since 1875 should now break all remaining communication with the board and go rogue, for want of a better word. Buy season tickets in the East for next year, gather at the top of a section (probably 45 sadly as everywhere else will have ST holders) and make an atmosphere, prove their worth and slowly watch the club come crawling back with cap in hand.

Appreciate the lack of an East concourse for displays must be extremely frustrating, but is there nowhere else where it'd be possible to do? A large hall or the like? I might be completely wrong, I helped set up the display before the Rangers game last May but that was just putting flags into seats. Since I've never been involved in the process of creating banners etc, I have no idea what sort of facilities yous are needing.

Think the board are taking a much too short-termist view on this. The way that these groups grow is over time. The Green Brigade, though I dislike them, started in 2006 as a handful of Celtic supporters. It's now grown into a massive safe standing section that is probably the only thing British football has which is close to a proper, European ultras section.

If Section 43 hadn't broken up we'd probably be in an even better position - atmosphere wise - than we are at the moment. Since 1875 had to start off pretty much from scratch and they've done a fantastic job. Give them what they want and let them flourish, because the fans who've come back since we won the cup are temporary, these guys will be around a lot longer and for the benefit of our whole support.

I'll end by saying that there has been a, give or take, worldwide move to gentrify football for the last decade or so now. TV companies take a lot of blame for that, as do UEFA and FIFA who have given far too much power to the biggest clubs and the biggest players.

Scotland has a chance to break away from this and be something for the fans. It really, really wouldn't be difficult to do, either. Why are we trying to imitate English football? We'll never have the money to replicate it and it'll never be taken as seriously.

Why don't we try something radical and different? Cheap ticket prices, boisterous supports and full support from clubs for their fans would all go a long way to improving the Scottish game.
    Last edited by HibeeHibernian4; 17-03-2019 at 02:23 PM.

Back to the singers in hospitality, they could be heard loud and clear in the West Lower and then I moved to the West Upper in the second half so was just along from them Great addition to the atmosphere and after the game, they came round to the Hibs Club, where they had hired upstairs

Seemingly, it was the 40th birthday of two of the group and they seemed to be having a great time. Top lads

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Plus numerous reports of a drumstick being thrown onto the pitch. I'm not taking sides here by any manner of means but still haven't heard from BouncerRoss about that yet. As I've said many times get our house in order first as we can have some control over that and then look at away support. Bottle throwing and pitch invading in the last couple of weeks has let celtic and the Hun off the hook.
    It doesn’t have to be one or the other, it was at our ground which we decided to increase allocations for the rangers game which resulted in A) a more poisonous atmosphere and B) 4000 rather than 1800 mutants singing sectarian abuse. We can deal with our own as well as condemn the away support and advise they’ll have even less tickets next time. But no, we blame everything on our own support.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    I was clear why I closed it. It was so far off topic that the original thread title was no longer relevant.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Testimonial Due
    Slightly off topic, but 'Taliban.net' is a rubbish nickname.

Nae creativity, of all the totalitarian/oppressive regimes to pick they've gone for the Taliban.

Must do better.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    My two cents, from somebody who's stood in the singing section for one gam, which was Celtic at home in the Quarter Final a fortnight back.

The singing section (or Since 1875 as I've today found out they're called) do a fantastic job in spite of several limitations that are placed on them either by circumstance, financial constraints or the club.

It's galling that they stand in the top corner of a stand that is as far away from the action as possible, while the tier below them lies half full every week apart from Category A games. This is in no way a pop at the loyal Hibs fans who are there in the FFL week in, week out. They're supporting their club and sitting in seats that they've sat in for years if not decades.

For that Celtic game that me and a pal went in the FF Upper for, it was a great atmosphere, and there was a good surfer display too before the game that clearly must've cost a bit of cash to make. While they ask for donations on here from time to time, they must be putting a fair bit of their own money into these displays as well.

It seems an almost uniquely British thing that boardrooms view ultras/active support/whatever you want to call them as a hindrance, rather than a massive boost for a club. Hibs, I've felt, have been more supportive than most in the past few years, but these recent weeks seem to suggest things have deteriorated.

For what it's worth, I think Since 1875 should now break all remaining communication with the board and go rogue, for want of a better word. Buy season tickets in the East for next year, gather at the top of a section (probably 45 sadly as everywhere else will have ST holders) and make an atmosphere, prove their worth and slowly watch the club come crawling back with cap in hand.

Appreciate the lack of an East concourse for displays must be extremely frustrating, but is there nowhere else where it'd be possible to do? A large hall or the like? I might be completely wrong, I helped set up the display before the Rangers game last May but that was just putting flags into seats. Since I've never been involved in the process of creating banners etc, I have no idea what sort of facilities yous are needing.

Think the board are taking a much too short-termist view on this. The way that these groups grow is over time. The Green Brigade, though I dislike them, started in 2006 as a handful of Celtic supporters. It's now grown into a massive safe standing section that is probably the only thing British football has which is close to a proper, European ultras section.

If Section 43 hadn't broken up we'd probably be in an even better position - atmosphere wise - than we are at the moment. Since 1875 had to start off pretty much from scratch and they've done a fantastic job. Give them what they want and let them flourish, because the fans who've come back since we won the cup are temporary, these guys will be around a lot longer and for the benefit of our whole support.

I'll end by saying that there has been a, give or take, worldwide move to gentrify football for the last decade or so now. TV companies take a lot of blame for that, as do UEFA and FIFA who have given far too much power to the biggest clubs and the biggest players.

Scotland has a chance to break away from this and be something for the fans. It really, really wouldn't be difficult to do, either. Why are we trying to imitate English football? We'll never have the money to replicate it and it'll never be taken as seriously.

Why don't we try something radical and different? Cheap ticket prices, boisterous supports and full support from clubs for their fans would all go a long way to improving the Scottish game.
    Outstanding sir 👏🏼 👏🏼 👏🏼