hibs.net Messageboard

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Since 1875

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not real youngsters anyway, as Alliant says he was 13 and I remember being around a similar age going there with all my names in the very early 70's. Its akways been a very raucous stand with lots if very colourful language.
    Ok thanks for the reply to be fair though it’s a pretty sanitised stand nowadays and to me a good opportunity to introduce kids to (how should I put it) the unsavoury members of our support/society. Also at least that way they’ll be prepared for Hampden when the real nutters come out.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    We never had a singing section for he AEK game.

Best atmosphere I’ve ever experienced at ER.

That’s what we should be aiming for, not plasticky fake support with a conductor. That’s all very Celtic.

What about the other games that season? Did they also have a fantastic atmosphere?

The atmosphere at bigger games takes care of itself, but that's not always the case at run of the mill league or cup games.

When the Singing Section was originally introduced in the East Stand, the improvement in atmosphere at games was very noticeable. It was also quite a decent mix of younger and more... well... 'mature' supporters (in age at least). I think that mix was quite good.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Not that I'd go as far as agreeing with Whilethechief, I am starting to get a bit bored with the one man and his drum brigades. Motherwell being a case in point.

Fair enough with hitting it a few times to get some chants going but to continuously batter it for 90 minutes surrounded by folk doing the YMCA really gets on my thruppenies.

I think it can put off a lot of folk singing.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    Not that I'd go as far as agreeing with Whilethechief, I am starting to get a bit bored with the one man and his drum brigades. Motherwell being a case in point.

Fair enough with hitting it a few times to get some chants going but to continuously batter it for 90 minutes surrounded by folk doing the YMCA really gets on my thruppenies.

I think it can put off a lot of folk singing.

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    I still see too many young kids in the east, this stand was always a real adults only one due to the rowdiness of the support in it, even now there's still a lot of shouting, swearing, aggression towards refs/opponents etc and not really a place to take younger kids, they should be in a family only section.

My son has been in the East since it opened and turns eighteen this year, it's the part of the ground that my dad took me to in the late seventies [very occasional nights in the father and son section in the old stand] and in truth feels rights. In his younger years he had an ipod but I would say since the age of 13/14 the football has been his full focus. The swear words he already knew and I filled in the gaps around Mercer, the RA and why Fenian formed part of the opposition fans songs. The fact that the crowd doesn't really move around allows you to be settled with those around you and I can't say I have ever worried about him being there. We are not in 43/44 so that may be a factor

One of the kids days last season there was young kids around 3-5 yrs old in the east, just a big no no for me in that stand, there's a family section for a reason and also part of the west on a kids day, why take kids that young to an adult majority stand.
    The family section has very few seats available, even if a lot of them are empty a lot of the time. People need to go somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    The family section has very few seats available, even if a lot of them are empty a lot of the time. People need to go somewhere.
    Is that not what opening up part of the west was for?

I'm finding the whole singing section debate extremely boring now. Just thought I would say that. It's becoming like Brexit debates.

Is that not what opening up part of the west was for?
    And how many available seats are there in there together?

At a run of the mill league game I don’t think it’s going to make much of a difference to kids where you take them to be honest. They’re not going to see/hear much anywhere in the east that they won’t hear in the north/south.

@hibs.net private member
    There is no doubt that shooting towards a bunch of your vociferous fans behind the goal can spur a team on. Long term, I think the best position for the ground would be for the most vocal fans (whether that be the singing section or not) to be directly behind the goals, preferably in an area where safe standing is permitted.

There are many obstacles to getting there though, not least moving fans who have sat in seats/areas for the best part of their lives.

I'd like to see the club begin this journey but if Brexit has taught us anything it is that there is never a binary choice and in order to achieve anything, compromise is necessary and a person/party cannot simply impose their will on others but must build consensus and bring others along on the journey.

Since 1875 have done a good job building the goodwill of the support and I'd like to see the club work with them and look at safe standing. There must, however, be respect for existing seatholders but surely there is a way of offering incentives to move.

I know a lot of people put pressure on the suppporters' reps to act as a conduit but surely there is a role for HSL. It is self-described as a body of Hibernian Supporters so surely it also has an interest, especially if aspiring to a seat on the board. I'd like to see HSL canvas the members on these sorts of issues, adopt a position and then use its power (it contributes a lot of money to the club) to represent supporters and seek to influence the club.

PS - I am writing this as a father of two young children who I'd like to take to games in the not too distant future so would like a good family area. I would also like to take the kids to an atmospheric ground which captivates their attention and would be willing to have seats in a less prominent area to help this along. I'm currently in the East though and certainly wouldn't want to take the kids there at the moment.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I think the only viable solution is to knock the stadium down and rebuild it completely. They could have a terracing behind one goal and the lower tier of one of the side stands could contain the family section.

Everybody would then have to start from scratch in picking their ST seats.

Anybody know a rich Arab Sheikh or a dodgy Russian Oligarch?

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    I think the only viable solution is to knock the stadium down and rebuild it completely. They could have a terracing behind one goal and the lower tier of one of the side stands could contain the family section.

Everybody would then have to start from scratch in picking their ST seats.

Anybody know a rich Arab Sheikh or a dodgy Russian Oligarch?
    No but i know plenty of poor seek Arabs working up here in Dundee

Quote Originally Posted by LeithMike View Post
    There is no doubt that shooting towards a bunch of your vociferous fans behind the goal can spur a team on. Long term, I think the best position for the ground would be for the most vocal fans (whether that be the singing section or not) to be directly behind the goals, preferably in an area where safe standing is permitted.

There are many obstacles to getting there though, not least moving fans who have sat in seats/areas for the best part of their lives.

I'd like to see the club begin this journey but if Brexit has taught us anything it is that there is never a binary choice and in order to achieve anything, compromise is necessary and a person/party cannot simply impose their will on others but must build consensus and bring others along on the journey.

Since 1875 have done a good job building the goodwill of the support and I'd like to see the club work with them and look at safe standing. There must, however, be respect for existing seatholders but surely there is a way of offering incentives to move.

I know a lot of people put pressure on the suppporters' reps to act as a conduit but surely there is a role for HSL. It is self-described as a body of Hibernian Supporters so surely it also has an interest, especially if aspiring to a seat on the board. I'd like to see HSL canvas the members on these sorts of issues, adopt a position and then use its power (it contributes a lot of money to the club) to represent supporters and seek to influence the club.

PS - I am writing this as a father of two young children who I'd like to take to games in the not too distant future so would like a good family area. I would also like to take the kids to an atmospheric ground which captivates their attention and would be willing to have seats in a less prominent area to help this along. I'm currently in the East though and certainly wouldn't want to take the kids there at the moment.

HSL are busy trying to get Fans to make more monthly contributions At present we appear to be donating about 20 ,000 a month ,while hearts fans are donating 120 000 month-according to the Blurb sent out with the Season Ticket renewal letter
    I don’t wish to open up another debate on this thread about this ,but getting more people on board would do more to enhance players quality arriving .That in itself might make more people sing , as the team plays better football and wins games ,and Trophies, Which in Turn gives us more to sing about .
    Why not get some Business Sponsors together ,to fill in the corner ,and that’s where the singing section can go .With all our Celebrity Musicians in the Support ,an Outdoor benefit gig could be organised as a starting point .Maybe even get European Funding for such an initiative Ah **** forgot about Brexit ,but that’s another debate altogether

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    HSL are busy trying to get Fans to make more monthly contributions At present we appear to be donating about 20 ,000 a month ,while hearts fans are donating 120 000 month-according to the Blurb sent out with the Season Ticket renewal letter
    I don’t wish to open up another debate on this thread about this ,but getting more people on board would do more to enhance players quality arriving .That in itself might make more people sing , as the team plays better football and wins games ,and Trophies, Which in Turn gives us more to sing about .
    Why not get some Business Sponsors together ,to fill in the corner ,and that’s where the singing section can go .With all our Celebrity Musicians in the Support ,an Outdoor benefit gig could be organised as a starting point .Maybe even get European Funding for such an initiative Ah **** forgot about Brexit ,but that’s another debate altogether

Perhaps a credible intervention by HSL might encourage more people to contribute? Perhaps it might even increase visibility and might start to convince people that having supporters own the club would improve governance?

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    You can't understand why they are being asked to move from a section which is designated to make attending football accessible for people with young children when they do not attend with any young children themselves?
    No. I cant. They are OAPs. What's not family about them?
    Last edited by Iggy Pope; 21-03-2019 at 06:12 PM.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    No. I cant. They are OAPs. What's not family about them?
    By that logic everyone should sit in the family section as everyone is part of a family.

If they are happy depriving people with young children who would benefit most from accessible pricing then so be it, that’s on them but the fact they are OAPs isn’t going to change my opinion that they are selfish.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    By that logic everyone should sit in the family section as everyone is part of a family.

If they are happy depriving people with young children who would benefit most from accessible pricing then so be it, that’s on them but the fact they are OAPs isn’t going to change my opinion that they are selfish.
    In the name of the wee man! There is already accessible pricing for way more than enough kids. One of these pensioners in question gets by with a walking frame. Stick her uo top left of the East or burn the witch? Selfish deprivation of kids??? You need to take that test you proposed for Monkton before you post my friend. Now **** right off.

@hibs.net private member
    It could be worse.
    Imagine being in Kazakhstan just noo.

We'll be cumin doon the road.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post

They might be donating £120,000 a month , but if the article in tonight's EEN is accurate they won't be getting much for their money.

The plan seems to be that next year when the good doctor gets her £ 2.5 million back plus interest, she will remain in charge and the board will remain almost the same.

FoH will be the owners of HOMFC but they will not run the Club , Budge will still pull the strings.

@hibs.net private member
    Banging on about how much FOH contribute, tell me the names of the so called better quality of players they have been able to attract. Naismith is the only one that springs to mind at £8K a week, I think Mr Mcnulty is a better finisher & better value for money.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    In the name of the wee man! There is already accessible pricing for way more than enough kids. One of these pensioners in question gets by with a walking frame. Stick her uo top left of the East or burn the witch? Selfish deprivation of kids??? You need to take that test you proposed for Monkton before you post my friend. Now **** right off.

It’s these pensioners that have kept us going through decades, they’ve earned the right to sit wherever they damn well please.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post

It’s these pensioners that have kept us going through decades, they’ve earned the right to sit wherever they damn well please.
    Spot On.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    I sit with my 2 kids in the FFL and have done for 4 seasons now , Thing is they are getting bigger now , One is a student and one is a youth , And with the price changes i'm actually paying the same to sit anywhere else in the stadium , So it's time for a change ..But i'm going to renew my 3 seats in the FFL as the seats on offer at the moment anywhere in the stadium are crap ...So i'l be gambling on the 14k Season tickets we sold last year not renewing so i can pinch 3 seats together anywhere in the stadium

As an aside here ,,,There is a guy that sits 4 rows away from me every single week that has no kids , He stands alone .. How has he managed to get into the FFL if its a family section ? Unless he has paid for kids season tickets , Which is still odd as you don't ever see his kids for even Cat A games
    Perhaps the same thing happened to the guy on his own that happened to us. We had to move from the FF Upper because of the lift issue. We were unsuccessful is finding any other suitable seats (basically crap that’s left and that’s why they’re free), Hibs themselves moved us to the FF Lower fully aware we don’t have any children in our group. I have no idea where anyone is going to move to now because there is nothing remotely suitable in any of the other stands, unless we want seats with restricted views, etc. I suspect quite a few people won’t renew for this very reason.

Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    Spot On.
    Pensioners get everything nowadays, make them pay double. They've got plenty of money

@hibs.net private member Salisbury Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maz View Post
    I have no idea where anyone is going to move to now because there is nothing remotely suitable in any of the other stands, unless we want seats with restricted views, etc. I suspect quite a few people won’t renew for this very reason.
    I didn't think there are restricted views any more. Certainly no pillars in the way. Anyway from looking at the stadium plans my seat looks like it's crap because it's West Upper Block 11, but it's absolutely fine.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maz View Post
    Perhaps the same thing happened to the guy on his own that happened to us. We had to move from the FF Upper because of the lift issue. We were unsuccessful is finding any other suitable seats (basically crap that’s left and that’s why they’re free), Hibs themselves moved us to the FF Lower fully aware we don’t have any children in our group. I have no idea where anyone is going to move to now because there is nothing remotely suitable in any of the other stands, unless we want seats with restricted views, etc. I suspect quite a few people won’t renew for this very reason.
    Yeah looking at the online map their are no 3 seats together that are decent , I'm gonna wait till June 7th seat release date and bag myself 3 decent seats as i don't think 14K will renew next season

@hibs.net private member Salisbury Hibby's Avatar
    I wonder if some out of the box thinking could be applied by Hibs and instead of ST Holders getting the same seats every year, there is some limited movement applied (like 2 position left, right, front, back) with the goal of maximising runs of free seats.

Obviously the details of groups who want to remain together need to be known, but other data like attendance could be used as well.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk