hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Ok, here goes, I've done it loads.

It's alright. A bit too 'moreish' for my liking. Rarely have I been offered a bit and thought man, that really hit the spot, I can go off and enjoy the rest of my night even more now. It's all too easy for the night out to become, 'just doing coke'. Which inevitably turns into you behaving like the coked up fanny that you've willingly turned yourself into, spending a ****ing fortune and feeling like **** for the next couple of days.

Don't get me wrong, like most mind altering substances, it can be fun. But it's way too expensive for what it is and pretty bad for your heart, especially if you drink at the time and aren't in good shape anyway.

It's also become insidiously ****ing prevalent in the typical Scottish night out these days. Before, my main concern was if I'd get too pished and start making bad decisions, I might scrounge a wee fag from someone at the end of the night. Now, let's just say, the cost of getting too carried away, in the right (wrong) company is quite a bit more.

Proper education of drugs in schools should be introduced for harm reduction purposes, especially now that their use (not just cocaine) is so socially accepted amongst people of my age group and younger. People are going to do it, so they should be aware of how to mitigate risk before, during and after.

I used to be of the opinion that all drugs should be legal but now, I'm not so sure. People are idiots with easy access to drink. You can kill yourself much quicker with these other things that are presently illegal. Obviously cartels and the black market is an awful industry and it'd be great to be able to wipe them out in one fell-swoop.... but that's another discussion for a different thread.

FYI. I've never done the aforementioned at the football. I need to use the toilet enough after 3 pints. If I have any more round trips then I'd miss half the game!

In terms of the context of this thread, I think the use of cocaine definitely has an impact on fan behaviour. I've spotted folk clearly 'onit' over the past few years at games and it certainly could help tip someone already wound up over the edge and result in them behaving like a moron during flashpoints.

We shouldn't exaggerate though, the vast majority of folk aren't doing coke at the football - it will be a sizeable minority of young men.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who the f*** has a jobby at the football.

Deary me.
    The ironic thing is that theres a chance if it’s been laced with laxative then the folk doing coke at the football are needing a jobby at the football.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    Wonder how many people were coked up at Cheltenham this week or Twickenham.
    I recall a few years ago there was a culture of coke use at Bath Rugby club down here. Culminating in Bath prop Matt Stevens serving a two year ban.

The club culture was rotten.

It’s not just a football thing.

J

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    I recall a few years ago there was a culture of coke use at Bath Rugby club down here. Culminating in Bath prop Matt Stevens serving a two year ban.

The club culture was rotten.

It’s not just a football thing.

J
    I was at the Scottish National at Ayr last year and the mens toilets were rammed. Same situation. It's rife amongst young lads. Especially at a big day out.

Coke used to be the rich mans party drug, us normal folk use to partake in a bit of speed as it was cheaper and gave you the necessary buzz. Coke is now mixed with so much crap anyone can afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Coke used to be the rich mans party drug, us normal folk use to partake in a bit of speed as it was cheaper and gave you the necessary buzz. Coke is now mixed with so much crap anyone can afford it.

And that is a problem. Who knows what these kids are shoveling up their noses as it ain't 'coke' in the sense you are talking about. It has been cut that many times that you can now get 3.5g for 100 quid. If you prefer the decent stuff it's 100 a g. What makes up the other 2.5g? I would imagine a concoction of crap designed to mimic some of the effects, and this is the junk most of the kids are on!

The problem is there is too much money to be made so dealers are prepared to take risks, and accept the consequences when caught. Legalisation isn't popular, but it would take a lot of money out of the hands of dealers whilst proving a consistent quality of product. Would lead to less od's, while giving the govt funds to invest in education and early intervention.

Let's be honest, folk on here who take coke are not going to stop because of this thread, or any other strongly worded message for that matter, the horse has already bolted. Getting in early, ie primary school, and get a realistic message put to kids. Not 'drugs are bad' or 'you are going to die if you take this' because for most people, their first time of taking drugs will be complete opposite. It will be enjoyable and exciting so the message is instantly lost on these folk. Be honest from the start, 'take this and you will probably feel great, you will enjoy yourself and it will open your mind, BUT.... Insert appropriate warning.

An example is the leah bates thing with es where it was made out that she died from taking es when in reality it was her misunderstanding of a 'warning' to drink plenty water when on an e, she effectively drowned herself. The illusion that all drugs are bad is quickly seen as nonsense if you have had a good time on them and come out the other side unscathed. I belive at one point there was more than 1million ecstasy pills taken each weekend in the UK. How many people died? Not that many tbh. So that is an example of scare tactics not really working.

Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    And that is a problem. Who knows what these kids are shoveling up their noses as it ain't 'coke' in the sense you are talking about. It has been cut that many times that you can now get 3.5g for 100 quid. If you prefer the decent stuff it's 100 a g. What makes up the other 2.5g? I would imagine a concoction of crap designed to mimic some of the effects, and this is the junk most of the kids are on!

The problem is there is too much money to be made so dealers are prepared to take risks, and accept the consequences when caught. Legalisation isn't popular, but it would take a lot of money out of the hands of dealers whilst proving a consistent quality of product. Would lead to less od's, while giving the govt funds to invest in education and early intervention.

Let's be honest, folk on here who take coke are not going to stop because of this thread, or any other strongly worded message for that matter, the horse has already bolted. Getting in early, ie primary school, and get a realistic message put to kids. Not 'drugs are bad' or 'you are going to die if you take this' because for most people, their first time of taking drugs will be complete opposite. It will be enjoyable and exciting so the message is instantly lost on these folk. Be honest from the start, 'take this and you will probably feel great, you will enjoy yourself and it will open your mind, BUT.... Insert appropriate warning.

An example is the leah bates thing with es where it was made out that she died from taking es when in reality it was her misunderstanding of a 'warning' to drink plenty water when on an e, she effectively drowned herself. The illusion that all drugs are bad is quickly seen as nonsense if you have had a good time on them and come out the other side unscathed. I belive at one point there was more than 1million ecstasy pills taken each weekend in the UK. How many people died? Not that many tbh. So that is an example of scare tactics not really working.
    Great post.

Won't clutter the thread by quoting it but also think it was a great post from beensaidbefore. We could save so many more lives by having a grown up conversation about drugs instead of trying to puritanically scare kids into not taking them.

***** drug and God only knows what is in half the garbage these guys are hoovering up. I was out the other week and a guy tried to sell me a gram for £25; **** knows what was in that gram but I'll bet it wasn't a lot of cocaine.

I agree with others that we need a sensible conversation about drugs in this country about what the actual drug experience is like for most people (probably quite fun). There also has to be a way to ensure purity and quality and keep people relatively safe. There's not many votes to be won saying such things though so it's unlikely to happen in the near future.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post

Cheers for the reply and good post mate, a lot of sense.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    ***** drug and God only knows what is in half the garbage these guys are hoovering up. I was out the other week and a guy tried to sell me a gram for £25; **** knows what was in that gram but I'll bet it wasn't a lot of cocaine.

I agree with others that we need a sensible conversation about drugs in this country about what the actual drug experience is like for most people (probably quite fun). There also has to be a way to ensure purity and quality and keep people relatively safe. There's not many votes to be won saying such things though so it's unlikely to happen in the near future.
    I would say that the purity of cocaine in Edinburgh is probably at its highest right now, yes there will s**t stuff doing the rounds but there have been plenty trials of late of folk found to have it and the purity has been about 70% but you will have to pay more to get it.

There is probably more cocaine users than there is heroin and hash smokers put together nowadays.

It is rife, epidemic proportions and the police have lost the battle against this drug in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    They have sniffer dogs at the entrance to Musselburgh Races now to rightly deter folks from taking it in. Absolutely no reason not to do the same at Easter Road.
    the very thought of this sheite is totally Alien to me. f/kin hell what is gaun oan/ I used to go to the dogs, at Powderhall and all you bothered about was if a dug had eat a pie!

somedy wi drugs oan them, shoot them. end of and problem solved. too many buggers along ma street dae'n it and I hope it all goes tits up for any o' them

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    somedy wi drugs oan them, shoot them. end of and problem solved. too many buggers along ma street dae'n it and I hope it all goes tits up for any o' them
    lol. Posted after a few pints, of course...

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Test kits are relatively cheap so it could be an idea to distribute those. The problem is, the ***** that’s getting mixed in with the coke is usually just a combination of other cheaper illicit drugs, which forms a dangerous cocktail. Not going to put people off taking it though.

There are also more accessible ways of testing purity without the need for a kit.

Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    lol. Posted after a few pints, of course...
    not at all. only a couple of Chardonnays. lol despite that, are you in some way saying I am silly to have thoughts this way/ I have worked all my life, payed my way and brought up a family. I still still live in the area that I did all those, and yet some rodents are able to roam ma streets high on whatever they are on, causing grief to ordinary decent people daily. dinnae get me started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Test kits are relatively cheap so it could be an idea to distribute those. The problem is, the ***** that’s getting mixed in with the coke is usually just a combination of other cheaper illicit drugs, which forms a dangerous cocktail. Not going to put people off taking it though.

There are also more accessible ways of testing purity without the need for a kit.
    half my age, slagging me off. seem to be quite up to speed with all the test kits though. had a wee sniff yersel at times? you seem quite "measured" when it comes to what is required, for noticing the effects or possible after effects. quite knowledgeable are you.?

btw, as far as coke is concerned, I think it comes in a dark bottle. James Dean used to drink it.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    I would say that the purity of cocaine in Edinburgh is probably at its highest right now, yes there will s**t stuff doing the rounds but there have been plenty trials of late of folk found to have it and the purity has been about 70% but you will have to pay more to get it.

There is probably more cocaine users than there is heroin and hash smokers put together nowadays.

It is rife, epidemic proportions and the police have lost the battle against this drug in the UK.
    Is it not more to do with the fact that non users seem quite at ease, or knowledgable about what is really going on amongst the? Do people actually bother telling people that can do anything to stop it? why do you know so much about the purity? I am aghast

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Is it not more to do with the fact that non users seem quite at ease, or knowledgable about what is really going on amongst the? Do people actually bother telling people that can do anything to stop it? why do you know so much about the purity? I am aghast
    As I said in my post, I have read about court cases where folk caught with it in Edinburgh and the purity is high, I'm a clean living dude.

Gamer IDs

not at all. only a couple of Chardonnays. lol despite that, are you in some way saying I am silly to have thoughts this way/ I have worked all my life, payed my way and brought up a family. I still still live in the area that I did all those, and yet some rodents are able to roam ma streets high on whatever they are on, causing grief to ordinary decent people daily. dinnae get me started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yes, drugs that cause anti-social behaviour are a nightmare!
    Last edited by SRHibs; 20-03-2019 at 12:51 AM.

Gamer IDs

half my age, slagging me off. seem to be quite up to speed with all the test kits though. had a wee sniff yersel at times? you seem quite "measured" when it comes to what is required, for noticing the effects or possible after effects. quite knowledgeable are you.?
    Slagging you off? The point was clearly lost on you if you think I was slagging you off. And it's not something I typically do now, but trying drugs recreationally isn't anything to be ashamed of, IMO.

Police the areas where you think drugs are being used within the stadium . Use trained, assertive stewards, not just random £8.50 an hour, hi-vis jacket fillers. Make sure they are marked out as specific anti-drug stewards. Put up signage acknowledgeing the problem and outlining your zero tolerance and banning policies. Encourage reporting of drug misuse.
    It is not helpful to view it as society's problem, that's a whole different debate. All the club has to worry about is managing their premises for about 2 hours every fortnight so that anyone can go along and enjoy the game without being exposed to behaviour which has no place at football.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    People should be made to take drug and alcohol tests before posting on hibs.net

I've been against the stuff since John Squire got into it in a big way leading to the break-up of the Stone Roses (first time round).

Slagging you off? The point was clearly lost on you if you think I was slagging you off. And it's not something I typically do now, but trying drugs recreationally isn't anything to be ashamed of, IMO.
    I agree. Cocaine doesn't just turn you into an idiot either. Plenty people i know have taken it and been perfectly well behaved. It's the same as alcohol. If you're a bit of an idiot normally,the chances are excessive drink or drugs will exaggerate that. That's not saying i condone people taking it in public though but what people do privately is up to them.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I agree. Cocaine doesn't just turn you into an idiot either. Plenty people i know have taken it and been perfectly well behaved. It's the same as alcohol. If you're a bit of an idiot normally,the chances are excessive drink or drugs will exaggerate that. That's not saying i condone people taking it in public though but what people do privately is up to them.
    Spot on. I actually know a few people who are a lot nicer and better behaved on Cocaine than on the drink.

help me please. I have drink my quota for this evening. not really, but the bottle is empty. can someone bring this magical Cocaine round to me? I promise it's only for recreational purposes and I wont try and be the first to flip off the new Queensferry Crossing.

help me please. I have drink my quota for this evening. not really, but the bottle is empty. can someone bring this magical Cocaine round to me? I promise it's only for recreational purposes and I wont try and be the first to flip off the new Queensferry Crossing.
    Flip off the Queensferry crossing? What a classless and idiotic thing to say.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    You should probably give up posting when you’re pished. Absolutely dreadful patter that makes you look like a bit of a dick.