Ok, here goes, I've done it loads.

It's alright. A bit too 'moreish' for my liking. Rarely have I been offered a bit and thought man, that really hit the spot, I can go off and enjoy the rest of my night even more now. It's all too easy for the night out to become, 'just doing coke'. Which inevitably turns into you behaving like the coked up fanny that you've willingly turned yourself into, spending a ****ing fortune and feeling like **** for the next couple of days.

Don't get me wrong, like most mind altering substances, it can be fun. But it's way too expensive for what it is and pretty bad for your heart, especially if you drink at the time and aren't in good shape anyway.

It's also become insidiously ****ing prevalent in the typical Scottish night out these days. Before, my main concern was if I'd get too pished and start making bad decisions, I might scrounge a wee fag from someone at the end of the night. Now, let's just say, the cost of getting too carried away, in the right (wrong) company is quite a bit more.

Proper education of drugs in schools should be introduced for harm reduction purposes, especially now that their use (not just cocaine) is so socially accepted amongst people of my age group and younger. People are going to do it, so they should be aware of how to mitigate risk before, during and after.

I used to be of the opinion that all drugs should be legal but now, I'm not so sure. People are idiots with easy access to drink. You can kill yourself much quicker with these other things that are presently illegal. Obviously cartels and the black market is an awful industry and it'd be great to be able to wipe them out in one fell-swoop.... but that's another discussion for a different thread.

FYI. I've never done the aforementioned at the football. I need to use the toilet enough after 3 pints. If I have any more round trips then I'd miss half the game!

In terms of the context of this thread, I think the use of cocaine definitely has an impact on fan behaviour. I've spotted folk clearly 'onit' over the past few years at games and it certainly could help tip someone already wound up over the edge and result in them behaving like a moron during flashpoints.

We shouldn't exaggerate though, the vast majority of folk aren't doing coke at the football - it will be a sizeable minority of young men.