hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Hibs are good

Hibs are good

We just are. Talented squad. New lease of life under Hecky and the players are playing for him. The future looks bright.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We just are. Talented squad. New lease of life under Hecky and the players are playing for him. The future looks bright
    Agreed. The little worry I had initially was how would we fit in Scotty next season if playing a flat 4-4-2 but he's shown he's willing to change the shape in the last couple of games. If we can somehow turn Omeonga( fairly optimistic) and Sparky(challenging) into either loans or perm signings next year we are laughing. Boyle and Porto back and a few smart signings plus a City loanee with hamstring problems(Ilic at NAC maybe) then we should be ready to roll.

Rocky/Gk
    SDG/New RB
    New CB or Spector if all goes well/Daz
    Porto/Hanlon
    Lewis/Mackie
    Slivka/Milligan
    Omeonga/Ilic/new Cm(i like the look of Lawson at Livi)
    Allan/Mallan
    Boyle/Horgan
    Sparky/Shaw
    Kamberi/Another CF/inside left.

Add in the youngsters.

That's a very good SPL squad imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto7 View Post
    Agreed. The little worry I had initially was how would we fit in Scotty next season if playing a flat 4-4-2 but he's shown he's willing to change the shape in the last couple of games. If we can somehow turn Omeonga( fairly optimistic) and Sparky(challenging) into either loans or perm signings next year we are laughing. Boyle and Porto back and a few smart signings plus a City loanee with hamstring problems(Ilic at NAC maybe) then we should be ready to roll.

Rocky/Gk
    SDG/New RB
    Porto/Hanlon
    Lewis/Mackie
    Slivka/Milligan
    Allan/Mallan
    Boyle/Horgan
    Sparky/Shaw

Add in the youngsters.

Exactly. Gauld and Agyepong coming back after the international break too. We are threadbare at the moment but just shows you the potential of the squad.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Exactly. Gauld and Agyepong coming back after the international break too. We are threadbare at the moment but just shows you the potential of the squad.
    Agyepong? I hadn’t saw anything about him coming back. Good news if so but I’ll not get my hopes up.

Think we might see quite a few new signings to add a bit more quality and physicality ....think we will be very fortunate to keep McNulty think his form here will.see him earn a move somewhere down south where he can get regular game time and.more cash ..though suppose what we set as our priorities in signings !! Think we could easily look for 3 new.defenders, at least 2 midfielders and 2 forwards ..oh and a keeper ...

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Agyepong? I hadn’t saw anything about him coming back. Good news if so but I’ll not get my hopes up.
    He's been training. I thought he might have made it into the squad yesterday.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Agree, wouldn't surprise me if he goes the whole season without playing again.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    We also have Celtic on the run.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    He's been training. I thought he might have made it into the squad yesterday.

Fingers crossed then. His pace could really give us another dimension.

Rocky/Gk
    SDG/New RB
    Porto/Hanlon
    Lewis/Mackie
    Slivka/Milligan
    Allan/Mallan
    Boyle/Horgan
    Sparky/Shaw

Add in the youngsters.

Who’s Ilic?

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    We also have Celtic on the run.
    I see what you did there

Darynal johnston?
    Rocky/Gk
    SDG/New RB
    Porto/Hanlon
    Lewis/Mackie
    Slivka/Milligan
    Allan/Mallan
    Boyle/Horgan
    Sparky/Shaw

Add in the youngsters.

Remember the lost guy D.Johnston

I personally feel the squad is very light and lacks balance but Heckingbottom is showing real promise in terms of finding ways to get results in difficult circumstances. The team is very much transitioning from the post 2016/SJM/Efe era so if PH can achieve a positive end to the season before getting the opportunity to change personnel then he deserves an awful lot of credit. As does our recruitment team for bringing in McNulty, who has transformed us as an attacking threat.

My only note of caution gnawing away at me is memories of Calderwood, during another post-success era, winning 5 in a row near the start of his reign and believing at the time that we were on the up again. That was very much a false dawn so we do really need a bigger sample size to make a fair judgement of our prospects under the Heck.

Quote Originally Posted by patlowe View Post
    I personally feel the squad is very light and lacks balance but Heckingbottom is showing real promise in terms of finding ways to get results in difficult circumstances. The team is very much transitioning from the post 2016/SJM/Efe era so if PH can achieve a positive end to the season before getting the opportunity to change personnel then he deserves an awful lot of credit. As does our recruitment team for bringing in McNulty, who has transformed us as an attacking threat.

My only note of caution gnawing away at me is memories of Calderwood, during another post-success era, winning 5 in a row near the start of his reign and believing at the time that we were on the up again. That was very much a false dawn so we do really need a bigger sample size to make a fair judgement of our prospects under the Heck.
    Calderwood's run came straight after losing 5 on the trot but you're correct, 5 games is a tiny sample size

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Leitherhibs View Post
    Who’s Ilic?
    He's a Man City loanee at NAC Breda. There's three of them Fernandes, Ilic and Palmer-Brown. If they follow the same path as Barker and Agyepong then I'd presume we would get offered one of them for next year. I've done the obligatory youtube scouting and he impressed me the most.

Although apparently NAC and City have had a falling out with the players being injury prone(sounds familiar). I don't know if that will present a knock on issue for us.

The squad I posted above was more of a potential one for next season.

@hibs.net private member proud_and_green's Avatar

Of course it's always possible to compare anything if you are comparing with a 'what if. But I think there is no comparison between the two. Hecky wants to be here and is an intelligent and as far as I can see a proper manager/coach. He will do well for us and I hope we do well for him too.

He's a Man City loanee at NAC Breda. There's three of them Fernandes, Ilic and Palmer-Brown. If they follow the same path as Barker and Agyepong then I'd presume we would get offered one of them for next year. I've done the obligatory youtube scouting and he impressed me the most.

Although apparently NAC and City have had a falling out with the players being injury prone(sounds familiar). I don't know if that will present a knock on issue for us.

The squad I posted above was more of a potential one for next season.

Good scouting.

@hibs.net private member Greenfly's Avatar
    Come to think of it, they both look quite similar ... I wish you hadn't said that.