hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Milligan

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dunno where this absolute pish myth started but it's not true at all. More than quick enough.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Besties Debut View Post
    Aye your right. It is an ''absolute pish myth'' Big Daz is a flying machine. He makes himself look slow on purpose to fool the opposition
    You clearly dont watch him that often then as he is anything but slow

I rate him. Class today.

Aye your right. It is an ''absolute pish myth'' Big Daz is a flying machine. He makes himself look slow on purpose to fool the opposition
    He doesn't look slow at all. Rash at times maybe but definitely not slow.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    He doesn't look slow at all. Rash at times maybe but definitely not slow.
    IMO his pace is average at best. The worry for me is the back four/three as a collective are a bit on the slow side and struggle with pace, movement and a high press. Coped easily today though and no doubting the heart and desire of those players.

Strolled it today, may not be the quickest but has an excellent football brain, reads the game very well indeed.

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    McGregor is no right back but he's no slouch either.

I have to say I'm impressed how you've turned a thread about Milligan into a negative analysis of McGregor.

Anyway you can stop panicking he'll not be played at right back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    IMO his pace is average at best. The worry for me is the back four/three as a collective are a bit on the slow side and struggle with pace, movement and a high press. Coped easily today though and no doubting the heart and desire of those players.
    Easily one of the quickest central defenders I've seen at Hibs when he first joined. Now a bit slower but definitely above average IMO.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Easily one of the quickest central defenders I've seen at Hibs when he first joined. Now a bit slower but definitely above average IMO.
    Age and injuries have seen to that. How old is he now? 32? 33? He has a brain on him though and reads the game well. I do think we lack a bit of pace as a whole though at the back.

McGregor played a few games at RB not long after joining us and did well (Raith away in the cup when he scored).

He wouldn't be near the top of my list of people to play there, but when we're a few men down, as we are, and Milligan's done so well in McGregor's absence, then it might end up being worthy of discussion?

Sounds like Gray will be ok anyway, so not worth getting too het up about.

Coaching Staff
    Maybe I’m biased, but apart from a couple of poor games a while ago....along with his team mates ....I think Millsy has been one of our best performers.

One of his trengths is versatility....you get a high standard from him, not just in one position

And YES, he has played right back too.......and played well there.

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Maybe I’m biased, but apart from a couple of poor games a while ago....along with his team mates ....I think Millsy has been one of our best performers.

One of his trengths is versatility....you get a high standard from him, not just in one position

You’re not being biased IMO. -

I don’t think Milligan has been anywhere near as bad as some have suggested. Consistent results have generally coincided with him being in the team.

I thought he absolutely strolled it today. Very good performance .

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post

Based on what I've seen - I totally agree.

Based on other stuff, you can go looking for things to back up what you want to think. I don't think he's slow, but he is 33. If you want to build a case for him being slow then you can find occasions when he's been outpaced (especially by James Forrest, Scotland's paciest and trickiest player). He hangs onto the ball until he has a decent option to move it on to - I see composure and a desire to retain possession, others see someone who pisses about and should get rid quicker.

He's got the makings of a marmite player, that's for sure.

Today though? A rock at the heart of a defence who kept a clean sheet against a dangerous side in an important game, surely we can all acknowledge that?

First Team Regular Sproule Three's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Based on what I've seen - I totally agree.

Based on other stuff, you can go looking for things to back up what you want to think. I don't think he's slow, but he is 33. If you want to build a case for him being slow then you can find occasions when he's been outpaced (especially by James Forrest, Scotland's paciest and trickiest player). He hangs onto the ball until he has a decent option to move it on to - I see composure and a desire to retain possession, others see someone who pisses about and should get rid quicker.

He's got the makings of a marmite player, that's for sure.

Today though? A rock at the heart of a defence who kept a clean sheet against a dangerous side in an important game, surely we can all acknowledge that?
    He's slower than he used to be. I've seen plenty of him over the years.
    Was the Scott Brown of the A league in his last few years -admittedly the standard here is not as good but he was that dominant .
    Surprised that people were concerned that he might not be effective at CB.
    He held his own against Mbappe and Griezmann 9 months ago so was hardly likely to be dominated by Motherwell.
    Not the most physically imposing player but he certainly makes up for it in other ways

Brilliant performance from Milligan yesterday. He's been playing well recently but seems to run out of steam after 60-70 in midfield but he lasted the pace at centre half yesterday.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Milligan is a good player and has been no where near as bad as some make out on here, another good game yesterday again

@hibs.net private member
    Top class performance.

Left by mutual consent!
    He was my mom yesterday.

His disruption from the back made a big difference for us i thought.

Every player has his qualities but big Daz isnt the best at playing out from the back and since Efe has gone i think we have been struggling to start our attacks from the back. Seems to take ages to get into midfield or its a hoof up front. Where as yesterday i cant remember many long balls at all.

Id keep Milligan in there for next game.

Also think overall Milligans been a great signing. Missed him big time when he went to Asia Cup.