hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 90 of 90

Thread: Heckingbottom

  1. #61
    Coaching Staff NAE NOOKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Galashiels
    Posts
    10,815
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ph’s run will inevitably come to an end at some point, but thankfully he has silenced most of the early doubters.

    He strikes me as very professional who does not feel the need to perform in a theatrical manner.


    Also on the plus side, it’s good that our manager doesn’t get asked about Celtic every press conference��


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know about questioning his appointment, but there's a wee bit of revisionism going on here already …. The Sunday before we had all but capitulated to Celtic in as tepid a performance as I've seen from a Hibs team in a good few years, it was like a throwback to the days where Hibs teams took the field against Celtic or Rangers looking like they were already beaten and hoping to keep the score respectable ….. I hated every second of it.

    We played exactly the same way against Sevco in that first half and got played off the park as a result, we were damned lucky we weren't 3 - 0 down at half time and everybody knows it. In the second half we actually began to show some attacking intent and it changed the game getting us a deserved draw in the end.

    I am happy to concede that given his lack of ammunition Heckingbottom maybe thought that was the only way he could set up against both of the uglies and he went against his nature in doing so. I certainly hope so, because I for one do not want to see us taking on the bigger teams in the league and handing them the initiative from the word go like we did in both of those games, especially at Easter Road … if we do we will lose far more than we will win.

    Its so far so good though and you certainly cant argue with the results, especially with the threadbare squad he has, he is doing the things that Neil Lennon seemed incapable of doing with this squad and that's getting them organised and motivated. All I'm saying is that for me its still a bit of wait and see before Heckingbottom fully convinces me that he's the guy to take us to the fabled 'next level' but I wouldn't argue against him being given a transfer window at least, no matter where we finish this season.
    Totally mate, I agree with a lot of what you say, I just think, looking back to before Heckingbottom came in, the team were a shambles, disorganised and appeared to lack idea and leadership. We didnt know when we were ever going to get points on the board as we slipped down to 8th, it was messy, there was a lot of doom and gloom. Heckingbottom and Stockdale came in and arrested the slide, granted there were one or two games where it looked like same old same old.

    Whilst performances havent been great, Im sure we all can agree on that (yesterdays game prob best so far) we have started to look like a team who have their mojo back, there is more fight, more determination and there appears to be more confidence and leadership, thats surely down to the guys in charge so they deserve that wee bit praise.

    As you allude to in your post the new guys inherited a threadbare squad and looking at the young bench yesterday that still appears to be the case and will be for the foreseeable future. Points are being racked up though, we are 5 points clear in 6th place and I now see an air of positivity compared to the doom and gloom of a few weeks back.

    Its early days of course, lets see out this season then Heckingbottom and his team can build for next.

    Onwards and upwards 👍

  4. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeTeam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The man is a class act. He speaks well and came into a club that seemed to be in turmoil and being slated in the press. Now the press are all brown nosing the Heckingbottom!
    He is turning out to be a really good appointment. I like the way he is talking to the players during the match and influencing the game. I was sitting behind the dugout yesterday and you could see a change in the game after he had spoken to players. At one point he spoke to Slivka and must have told him to push a bit higher into a space between their midfield and defence on the right. Immediate impact on the game. Liking what I have seen so far. Long may it continue. Come on The Heck!

  5. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's quite simply a proper managed team. New manager professionally doing what he's paid for. Lennon's record at Hibs was great but his ego was greater.
    Absolutely spot on this ...Great post. I love how the Heck quietly goes about his business...No side show like we had previously.with Lennon. And no discussions in depth about Celtic at any of our press conferences anymore.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  6. #65
    @hibs.net private member IWasThere2016's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Little England
    Age
    51
    Posts
    34,603
    Good results so far, and yesterday was the best 90mins performance - which will be a confidence thing. Finish above Hearts and spend the SJM sell-on wisely when it lands and next season could be a good 'un!

  7. #66
    @hibs.net private member Keekaboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Mount Florida
    Posts
    21,248
    I quite like the 'quietly going about his business' style. I've never been keen on overly emotional managers having apparent meltdowns.

    I also like the fact that we can see he has a quite obvious system, is getting the best out of the players at his disposal (which gets better as he spends more time with them), and can change system in the middle of games, when necessary.

    He also hasn't publicly slaughtered his players or bemoaned his lot in comparison to other clubs...inadvertently demeaning the club and players in the process.


    What's not to like?

  8. #67
    @hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    2,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we lose our next three games then Motherwell need to win 2 out of their 3 games. (St. Johnstone, Aberdeen and Sevco)
    St. Johnstone would need to win 3 out of 4. (St. Mirren, Motherwell, Dundee and Killie)
    Livi would need to win all three. (Us, accies and Celtic)

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I fully expect us to be in the top 6 but we're not safe just yet, post was more about fans sticking behind the team if the results from now until the end of the season aren't as good as we've seen up until now, Livi aside every game is incredibly difficult. The team has been up for the challenge until now and hopefully after the split we can keep making our way towards 4th, and certainly ahead of Hearts, I just don't want it to be looked at as a failure of the new regime if we don't and end up 6th come the end of May.

  9. #68
    @hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Lytham St Annes
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,345
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I quite like the 'quietly going about his business' style. I've never been keen on overly emotional managers having apparent meltdowns.

    I also like the fact that we can see he has a quite obvious system, is getting the best out of the players at his disposal (which gets better as he spends more time with them), and can change system in the middle of games, when necessary.

    He also hasn't publicly slaughtered his players or bemoaned his lot in comparison to other clubs...inadvertently demeaning the club and players in the process.


    What's not to like?
    As a proud Lancastrian hes from yorkshire

    The lads doing great so far and as someone with "first hand" experience of Michael Appletons management (at my local club Blackpool) so glad Heck is in the hot seat and not Appleton. We dodged a bullet there IMO.

  10. #69
    @hibs.net private member Keekaboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Mount Florida
    Posts
    21,248
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As a proud Lancastrian hes from yorkshire

    The lads doing great so far and as someone with "first hand" experience of Michael Appletons management (at my local club Blackpool) so glad Heck is in the hot seat and not Appleton. We dodged a bullet there IMO.

    Yorkies rule!!



  11. #70
    Playing the same players each week is a big plus for me. This season Lennon would continually change the formation.

  12. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by 1648 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Playing the same players each week is a big plus for me. This season Lennon would continually change the formation.
    Whilst I agree that playing a settled team helps, I don’t think he’s had much choice really.

  13. #72
    @hibs.net private member Keekaboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Mount Florida
    Posts
    21,248
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whilst I agree that playing a settled team helps, I don’t think he’s had much choice really.

    Probably a lot of the time he didn't have much choice, but some of his choices were quite baffling.

  14. #73
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I quite like the 'quietly going about his business' style. I've never been keen on overly emotional managers having apparent meltdowns.

    I also like the fact that we can see he has a quite obvious system, is getting the best out of the players at his disposal (which gets better as he spends more time with them), and can change system in the middle of games, when necessary.

    He also hasn't publicly slaughtered his players or bemoaned his lot in comparison to other clubs...inadvertently demeaning the club and players in the process.


    What's not to like?
    He’s also not come in and described a cup winning team as a “boy and”, as “rejects and free transfers” or gone on about how players won’t get a pat on the back for beating smaller clubs. He respects the players, encourages, trains and motivates and he’s winning games.

    We have someone who is a natural born winner rather than someone who has to get his pals in the media to tell everyone he is one, honest.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  15. #74
    Solipsist Eyrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    PDSBRE
    Posts
    7,466
    On objective reflection, the recruitment team did well when they appointed Stubbs.

    On objective reflection, the recruitment team did well when they appointed Lennon.

    On the early evidence, the recruitment team did well when they appointed Heckingbottom.

    I'm seeing a pattern here which is very reassuring.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

  16. #75
    I knew this guy would be good. Im not surprised at all by the way he's got us playing better.

    Paul is THE man !

  17. #76
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    20,404
    Nice tweet from Heckingbottom just now-

    “Enjoyed my first month at @HibernianFC. In football it’s rarely plain sailing but hopefully you can see the hard work the team are putting in. Thanks for the support and see you after the internationals #Hibees”

    Night and day from the atmosphere at the club the last few months before he was appointed.

  18. #77
    Testimonial Due banarc7062's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Winchburgh
    Age
    74
    Posts
    1,413
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They might have bought a ticket but there are plenty who were still moaning about the Heck's appointment and how we were going to suffer, negative tactics, downgrade from Lennon etc. Hopefully, the excellent performance and result today, with probably the smallest squad to choose from all season, will have made them start to think we now have a boss that supports, motivates and organises players.
    Our new Manager appears to be having the same effect as Ole is having for Man u. Well done sir, keep it up. GGTTH

  19. #78
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,039
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nice tweet from Heckingbottom just now-

    “Enjoyed my first month at @HibernianFC. In football it’s rarely plain sailing but hopefully you can see the hard work the team are putting in. Thanks for the support and see you after the internationals #Hibees”

    Night and day from the atmosphere at the club the last few months before he was appointed.
    Class act.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  20. #79
    @hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    4,583
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nice tweet from Heckingbottom just now-

    “Enjoyed my first month at @HibernianFC. In football it’s rarely plain sailing but hopefully you can see the hard work the team are putting in. Thanks for the support and see you after the internationals #Hibees”

    Night and day from the atmosphere at the club the last few months before he was appointed.
    Also it’s good to know our manager will most likely be working hard over the break preparing for our next run of fixtures and not travelling to do punditry for Ireland internationals.

  21. #80
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    6,592
    Terrific return this last month and not surprising given we are focusing purely on the football now and not what the manager is doing on and off the pitch. Lennon did well but was turning Hibs into a sideshow.

    I'm liking the understated professional approach that PH adopts. He keeps his emotions in check. When there is calmness at the top, the players are bound to respond in a far more positive way and play without fear.

  22. #81
    I’m delighted we wouldn’t be where we are if Lenny was still in charge.

  23. #82
    Coaching Staff jacomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    exile
    Posts
    14,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On objective reflection, the recruitment team did well when they appointed Stubbs.

    On objective reflection, the recruitment team did well when they appointed Lennon.

    On the early evidence, the recruitment team did well when they appointed Heckingbottom.

    I'm seeing a pattern here which is very reassuring.

    They also had the good sense to sack Butcher when the guy shamefully refused to resign.

  24. #83
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Antwerp
    Posts
    8,675
    7 behind Aberdeen and they have hearts and motherwell and we still need to play them. 5 points behind killie and we have them twice. It won't be easy, but I think third is do able this season.

  25. #84
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    kirkcaldy
    Posts
    5,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny_Tim View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’m delighted we wouldn’t be where we are if Lenny was still in charge.
    Yes your right, it's all worked out for the best.

  26. #85
    I only want to say the Scottish Cup is in the bag... Sir David Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    34,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    7 behind Aberdeen and they have hearts and motherwell and we still need to play them. 5 points behind killie and we have them twice. It won't be easy, but I think third is do able this season.
    Aberdeen also can't seem to win at Pittodrie just now either (no home league wins since December) so if that continues then we've got a chance. It will be tough though, I reckon we would need to be almost faultless in our last 8 games to have any chance.
    HIBERNIAN F.C. - SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016

    21.05.2016

  27. #86
    @hibs.net private member Diclonius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Larbert
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,873
    If we finally break the Tynecastle duck and win v Livi and Kilmarnock then we can push for 4th.

  28. #87
    @hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Penicuik
    Age
    42
    Posts
    29,789
    Hearts have Aberdeen Rangers and us final 3 games we have Livi Killie and hearts.

    I fancy hibs to catch the charity thieving ****s before the split

  29. #88
    @hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Worcester, Sassanachland
    Posts
    2,152
    Heck and Stockdale have done a brilliant job so far, it's hard to see hoe they could have done better. Other teams around us doing poorly has also helped.

    I also think we dodged a bullet with Appleton...too much of an ego driven Macho man for me. I honestly don't think he could spend the amount of time that Heck does on preparation as he is always down the gym preening himself or getting tattoos.

    I see great things ahead for Heck and Robbie..very exciting.

  30. #89
    Testimonial Due SeanWilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Bathgate (nowadays...)
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,007
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A crowd of over 17k suggests that the “Lennon FC brigade” are well and truly supporting our new manager.

    Thats because they are Hibs fans, despite what you’re suggesting.
    17k were at ER yesterday?? 17k missing maybe?

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

  31. #90
    What a fantastic start, 13 out of 15 points in the league.

    Beating St Johnstone away from home was massive for me and a convincing win yesterday adds a lot of confidence to the support and fans.

    We have a clear style of play and seem to be much sharper in the final third and transition it very well. He seems to like a quick ball into the strikers feet, lay off and next thing you know we are through. Like the play for the penalty yesterday

    To think we have the following players out, with some due back before the end of season to boost numbers/quality

    Gauld
    Aygepong
    Whittikar
    Johnson
    Boyle
    Porteous

    He said when he came in the form we need to get to achieve top 6 is that of a team finishing 2nd/3rd and so far we have done that. He also said he wants to build that form and take it into next season which is very exciting especially to think we have Allan coming in and he will recruit his own players.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved