hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    The singing section have been excellent for years. Their “privilege” is well earned.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is this the end of the singing section too then? Ffs.
    They’ve just said the singing section is finished from what I’m gathering above?
    90+2 = 75
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    90+2 = 75
    ??

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    No one is banned. That enough clarity for you?
    Glad to hear it.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I can't believe anyone wants rid of our Chief Exec when she has done wonders in raising the profile of Hibs, but each to their own.
    Especially to see her go to a rival.

Like everyone else on the planet, Dempster isn't perfect bit I'm certain that of folk weighed up the stuff that she has got right versus the stuff she hasn't, she'd be well in credit.

Don't get the logic in banning the displays, they've been excellent.

The "natural order" banner was one of my favourite ever derby moments.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

??
    You said that from the comments on the thread that the FFU singing section "is finished". I can't see anything to suggest it is finished, banned, disbanded, defuct, an ex singing section. Therfore 2+2 =5, or in your case 90+2=75

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Hopefully she’s away over the M8 soon.
    I hope this has been said in the heat of the moment and is not heartfelt.
    I think LD on the whole has been a breath of fresh air for our club and at the very least, kept a much maligned Rod Petrie out of the limelight.
    However, because of events in recent weeks Leeann has felt the need to come out to denounce & condemn the actions of individuals. Whilst I'm sure she, as well as us, wants to disassociate the club from them, she has adopted an aggressive PR front, much like Queen Ann did over the road. She too fell foul of the support for appearing to throw the baby out with the bathwater but I'm sure we can agree that from the outside, the club has to appear to be doing the right thing rather than nothing.

First Team Breakthrough Harpandcastle's Avatar
    I can't believe anyone wants rid of our Chief Exec when she has done wonders in raising the profile of Hibs, but each to their own.
    She’s done alright but I’ve never bought into anything more than that. Surely she could be replaced just like anyone else? If she’s banning displays and make life harder for a group that actively contribute to the atmosphere then I’d agree with the op - hopefully she’s away sooner rather than later.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    I'm sure if the rules as laid down were being followed, no pyrotechnics in the ground being one, then everything would be fine including the displays which have been excellent. But not all rules are being followed. If you read the threads as well there are folk complaining about drug use, drinking etc. Now I am not saying that is happening in the singing section but as the highest profile and most visible group they are the obvious place to start to try to stop these things.
    Leeann has been a breath of fresh air to the club and has been 99% positive. Has she made mistakes, of course she has. The singing section have been 99% positive. Have they made mistakes, of course they have. Hope everyone can move on and get behind an improving team and club

Back to being a library it is then. Poor.

@hibs.net private member
    Displays, “grouping together”, using our “privilege”, no individual bans. The meeting was short, sweet and direct. There’s not much else to post.

Hopefully she’s away over the M8 soon.
    I've always been a big fan of the singing section BR and the displays have been sensational. I've quickly read through the thread but I'm not grasping why the club have done the above. Can you explain to me and anybody else in the same boat as me who are not grasping it please

Old pedant here but it is references to the signing section that do my head in. Signing does not require the use of the vocal chords but singing most surely does.

Hopefully we are discussing singing and not signing.

There, I feel much better.

The singers will end up in the east again eventually anyway. Its the natural place for it.

Dempster has banned displays? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    Old pedant here but it is references to the signing section that do my head in. Signing does not require the use of the vocal chords but singing most surely does.

Hopefully we are discussing singing and not signing.

There, I feel much better.
    As the instigator of the thread, bloody auto correct!! I'm as much a pedant as you on the correct use of language but I can't change the title

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeewilly View Post
    I've always been a big fan of the singing section BR and the displays have been sensational. I've quickly read through the thread but I'm not grasping why the club have done the above. Can you explain to me and anybody else in the same boat as me who are not grasping it please
    Your guess is good as ours HW. We were gobsmacked. The bottle thrown at Sinclair? The boy running and going for their right back? Both never came from the FFU. A flare was lit, a very young boy was sent out (primary school at most). As posted above, short, sharp and direct conversation. She’s no interest in anything but herself. Interesting if another salary hike hits her pocket soon. CWG or CG will confirm soon but her share of the turnover has rocketed year on year.

In the interest of balance, Alan Marshall, who is now the SLO and was brought in from Motherwell has been outstanding. A massive supporter of us, but his hands have been tied behind his back.

For the sake of clarity what exactly are the privileges that have been withdrawn?
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member
    Your guess is good as ours HW. We were gobsmacked. The bottle thrown at Sinclair? The boy running and going for their right back? Both never came from the FFU. A flare was lit, a very young boy was sent out (primary school at most). As posted above, short, sharp and direct conversation. She’s no interest in anything but herself. Interesting if another salary hike hits her pocket soon. CWG or CG will confirm soon but her share of the turnover has rocketed year on year.

In the interest of balance, Alan Marshall, who is now the SLO and was brought in from Motherwell has been outstanding. A massive supporter of us, but his hands have been tied behind his back.
    Thanks for your reply BR. In reading that I cant see her endearing herself to the majority of our support....quite the opposite. Strange decision indeed

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    For the sake of clarity what exactly are the privileges that have been withdrawn?
    Exactly! The one of supporting our club enjoyably?

Exactly! The one of supporting our club enjoyably?
    Ross, I sit in the East and watch my team enjoyably. Did the privileges include blocks of tickets for Tynecastle and the likes?
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by gando View Post
    Yip, group were told yesterday that the “privilege” has been revoked. Astonishing stuff.
    If the privilege that has been revoked is displaying banners then I would be preparing a response to be displayed on a ****ing big banner.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member
    Ross, I sit in the East and watch my team enjoyably. Did the privileges include blocks of tickets for Tynecastle and the likes?
    You know as well as me that after a few working togethers and that it ended. Loyalty points being scrapped has ruined the regulars securing briefs for the big games not us.

There have been reports of a drumstick being thrown onto the pitch recently. Can you confirm this didn't come from the FFU.

A quote from the statement on supporter behaviour which sums it up clearly.

In this debate one key principle must be agreed by everyone. We, as individuals, are responsible for how we choose to behave. It is our responsibility.
    When we make our behaviour the responsibility of others, we inadvertently condone those who choose to conduct themselves badly.
    If every individual behaves there is not an issue, if just one person steps out of line then it reflects on everyone. Until the bad behaviour ends there will continue to be increased stewarding and other sanctions is the way I see it.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

I dont think her getting a wage rise is wrong at all, since her arrival we've gone from 7-8000 crowds to 17k plus, won the cup we've all wanted for many many years, and been in Europe past june for the first time in years.

While i dont agree one bit with her making an example of the singing section, she's made the decision and you will need to make up your minds what you do from here.

We can all agree the lads that support the team in the upper FF do a great job, albeit being stuck out the way, but it is appreciated by me and i'd bet many others.

And the support you give at away games is also superb, so you need to at the moment suck it up and just continue to support the team and ignore her. She will be long gone soon enough, and Hibs will still be here without her.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    If the privilege that has been revoked is displaying banners then I would be preparing a response to be displayed on a ****ing big banner.
    Without a doubt

You know as well as me that after a few working togethers and that it ended. Loyalty points being scrapped has ruined the regulars securing briefs for the big games not us.
    Actually I didn’t know that and the reason for my question was because I couldn’t see how else the singing sections could manage to secure tickets all next to each other like at Tiny for example
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member
    Actually I didn’t know that and the reason for my question was because I couldn’t see how else the singing sections could manage to secure tickets all next to each other like at Tiny for example
    Have we? Rumours would suggest yes but the last three seasons all I remember is at least 3/4 folk to a seat trying to stand together.

First Team Breakthrough HTD1875's Avatar
    The “privilege” withdrawn is access to the east concourse during the week to plan and make the display and then early access into the ground on match day to set up the display in F5.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    There really does seem to be a concerted effort at the moment to get Leeann out of the club and I just don't understand that. As I said before she will have made mistakes but I have no doubt that everything she is doing is because she wants the best for the club, not to piss any one group or individual off. So she has asked for stuff that some don't agree with, no pyrotechnics. Has banned some arse for running on the pitch and has banned others for breaking rules. Stick to the rules, don't be a fanny and you will be ok. From the outside looking in the club has been very amenable to most of the singing sections requests. I don't see why that wouldn't continue if they followed the rules. Did the drumstick on the pitch v the Hun come from the drummer in the singing section? If so then they have only themselves to blame. Was a flare lit in the singing section? If so they only have themselves to blame.

Have we? Rumours would suggest yes but the last three seasons all I remember is at least 3/4 folk to a seat trying to stand together.
    If that’s how it was done I understand but it was a genuine question as more than one person had remarked to me that the SS had been granted the privilege of early tickets before others got the chance.

Anyway, thanks for clarifying ✅
    This is how it feels