hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Steve View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol etc.) Act 1985
    Does that law cover the streets in the area of a sporting event or just the venue in which the sporting event is taking place?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Fair enough, I apologise

However, it is an offence to let off a flare in public (whether or not it`s in a football ground) so anyone doing so deserves to be banned in my book. There are a right royal pain in the arse
    There'd be nobody left on the marches to Tynecastle if that happened.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Only from folk demanding to know things that's not really any of their business. People have been banned, do I care why? Not really, I'm pretty content that after the total aresholes at the celtic and rangers games Hibs are doing the right thing with regards to crowd control
    Other people do though, evidently.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Only from folk demanding to know things that's not really any of their business. People have been banned, do I care why? Not really, I'm pretty content that after the total aresholes at the celtic and rangers games Hibs are doing the right thing with regards to crowd control
    It's strange isn't it. The other week we had fans complaining that the guy who ran on to the pitches details had been made public, now people are demanding details on another supporter and why they've been banned be released in an official statement.

Sections of our support have turned awfully fickle of late.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Other people do though, evidently.
    Erm, yeah you. Don't know why. They're banned, no big deal to me or probably 99% of other Hibbies who attend games and can behave themselves

Left by mutual consent!
    Erm, yeah you. Don't know why. They're banned, no big deal to me or probably 99% of other Hibbies who attend games and can behave themselves
    There’s a few posters on here asking why he was banned, there’s been a claim that there was a protest of a ban. I don’t know who the guy is but it’s evidently not 90%of fans who think it’s no big deal. Transparency would be nice and what would it take for fans reps to let the fans know why a fan was banned?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EdinburghDan
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Could you please make it a permanent feature somewhere in the stadium.

I'd happily join your "Not As Young As We Used To Be Singing Section"
    If you want to contribute £100 every two weeks I’d be more than happy to lol

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    There’s a few posters on here asking why he was banned, there’s been a claim that there was a protest of a ban. I don’t know who the guy is but it’s evidently not 90%of fans who think it’s no big deal. Transparency would be nice and what would it take for fans reps to let the fans know why a fan was banned?
    FFS because it's none of our business!! Why can't you see that? You, me, any of these others are not entitled to know details of any ban. If he is actually banned then he will have broken some rule whereby Hibs have deemed him to be unwelcome inside ER. That's all you need to know.

@hibs.net private member
    Didn’t a drumstick get thrown on the park at the rangers game? Maybe banned for that?

Left by mutual consent!
    Singing in hospitality? Dempster won't be having any of that, statement incoming.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Didn’t a drumstick get thrown on the park at the rangers game? Maybe banned for that?
    Poor catering again?

Left by mutual consent!
    FFS because it's none of our business!! Why can't you see that? You, me, any of these others are not entitled to know details of any ban. If he is actually banned then he will have broken some rule whereby Hibs have deemed him to be unwelcome inside ER. That's all you need to know.
    Calm down pal 😂😂😂 others are asking and questioning too.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    Yes. She banned someone for lighting a flare outside the stadium. He didn't light it inside the stadium thus did not break stadium rules so why was he banned?
    As with all businesses, clubs or whatever Hibernian will always reserve the right of admission.

I’m quite sure that “no one is allowed to take a dump on the concourse of the famous five stand” isn’t actually in the stadium rules but you would soon find yourself banned if you did.

Part of your contract with Hibs as a ST holder or a walk up is that you are expected to conduct yourself in an acceptable manner.

If you are in the environs of the ground and are lifted for setting off flares, smoke bombs or whatever the club obviously deem this unacceptable and as a result will refuse admission to any person doing so.

To be honest it’s a shame as he’s done lots for the club and always gives his all on the drum, but, he should also have known better.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Been a few years since i heard the Joe T song!
    I love Joe T...he should have a matchday role at the club.

Calm down pal 😂😂😂 others are asking and questioning too.
    The singing section dudes usually post on here when looking for funds (pretty sure the banned drummer is often one of them) so if clarity is being asked for then I'm sure they could post and let you know.

I'm going to presume it's a short term ban and he will be back soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbySpurs View Post
    As with all businesses, clubs or whatever Hibernian will always reserve the right of admission.

I’m quite sure that “no one is allowed to take a dump on the concourse of the famous five stand” isn’t actually in the stadium rules but you would soon find yourself banned if you did.

Part of your contract with Hibs as a ST holder or a walk up is that you are expected to conduct yourself in an acceptable manner.

If you are in the environs of the ground and are lifted for setting off flares, smoke bombs or whatever the club obviously deem this unacceptable and as a result will refuse admission to any person doing so.

To be honest it’s a shame as he’s done lots for the club and always gives his all on the drum, but, he should also have known better.
    it would also be could if she can possibly target the away fans for change instead of always looking for fault with the hibs fans. She is very keen to point the finger at the home support and I'm sure she was not happy with the singing in the upper west as she appeared at the dug out at half time then sat behind it. Funny how she always appears there when we are winning.

At what point will she speak up about the bile we hear from sevco every time they come to Easter Road, probably never because the club wants their money. All for banning people if it's a serious matter but I get the feeling right now if you fart too loud you will get banned.

Outside the ground should be left to the police

Quote Originally Posted by WestStandMoaner View Post
    It was the police who arrested him and gave his details to the club. Suppose that is Dempster fault is it?

As I said earlier the club have been warning against flares for ages so perhaps they have made an example of this guy since the message clearly wasn't getting through.

That isn't the club's fault.

it would also be could if she can possibly target the away fans for change instead of always looking for fault with the hibs fans. She is very keen to point the finger at the home support and I'm sure she was not happy with the singing in the upper west as she appeared at the dug out at half time then sat behind it. Funny how she always appears there when we are winning.

At what point will she speak up about the bile we hear from sevco every time they come to Easter Road, probably never because the club wants their money. All for banning people if it's a serious matter but I get the feeling right now if you fart too loud you will get banned.

Oh dear.
    Last edited by SquashedFrogg; 17-03-2019 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    The singing section dudes usually post on here when looking for funds (pretty sure the banned drummer is often one of them) so if clarity is being asked for then I'm sure they could post and let you know.

I'm going to presume it's a short term ban and he will be back soon enough.
    Sure I seen on his Twitter 5 years. It didn’t mention stadium ban but I’m presuming that’s what he was banned and fined for.

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    Sure I seen on his Twitter 5 years. It didn’t mention stadium ban but I’m presuming that’s what he was banned and fined for.
    That is harsh, but as I said earlier perhaps the club lost patience as the message was being ignored.

Testimonial Due

I 100% agree the club should be speaking out on issues of away fans who throw missiles, break seats or partake in sectarian chanting.

However I’m sure you also agree that the club really has to have its own house in order first and be seen to be punishing fans from our own support prior to challenging other clubs to do the same?

Inside our outside the ground doesn’t matter, perhaps look at unacceptable conduct outside the ground not being tolerated as part of Hibs being a good neighbour and taking a responsible stance within the local community?

Quote Originally Posted by thekaratekid View Post
    If you want to contribute £100 every two weeks I’d be more than happy to lol

Hmmm, are you by chance an African Prince?

Quote Originally Posted by Besties Debut View Post
    I think you're probably wrong. From what I could see they were all middle-aged guys....i heard them giving it the super Tortolano chant. Was Joe T in the hospitality?
    That's the hospitality singers I'm talking about not the singing section
    Quite happy to be classed as middle aged and not old

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeMackenzie View Post
    The drummer has been banned from Easter road
    Apparently for having a pyro outside the ground. Been banned for 5 years, which I find a bit harsh tbh.

This guy in particular has been one of the main influences behind the displays and general atmosphere from our lowest ebb to the lofty heights of the cup win in 2016. I can understand if it was inside the ground but it wasn't.

Board cutting their nose off to spite their pompous face and potentially splitting up a right good bunch of lads who've helped the club over the last few years. Making an example of the wrong person IMO

Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    Apparently for having a pyro outside the ground. Been banned for 5 years, which I find a bit harsh tbh.

This guy in particular has been one of the main influences behind the displays and general atmosphere from our lowest ebb to the lofty heights of the cup win in 2016. I can understand if it was inside the ground but it wasn't.

Board cutting their nose off to spite their pompous face and potentially splitting up a right good bunch of lads who've helped the club over the last few years. Making an example of the wrong person IMO
    It would be very harsh if this was a one off, but not if there had been prior warnings which we're not aware of. We don't know either way.

It's a private matter between the club and the individual concerned, which is correct. Would any of us want the details made public if we were banned?
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

That’s rubbish if he’s been banned / the drum and displays have been some of the best things with Hibs over last few years.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar

You have a pyro and a ticket outside the ground, that assumption has to be made. Harsh but being honest he can’t have many complaints about it.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    You have a pyro and a ticket outside the ground, that assumption has to be made. Harsh but being honest he can’t have many complaints about it.
    5 years is a bit extreme, no?

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    5 years is a bit extreme, no?
    Is it not well known that you absolutely can’t take pyros in? Have the club not been clear?

Take the risk, pay the price.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar

I don't doubt he has done a great deal.

But he was going to take it in to the stadium presumably.

Somebody is going to get hurt soon because of this.

The club and police have made there position to clear.