hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mango Man View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It really was night and day compared to the last game against them, we controlled it really from start to finish, great team performance.
    Couldn't be there but so pleased to hear the raving reports about the team, players and set up. Heck can look back at his first few weeks in charge with a lot of satisfaction. I thought top 6 was gone in Jan with the injuries and morale, but he's defied the odds with some solid winning displays. Getting there is first base, taking it on and competing with the top 6 is another level for Heck to grapple with. How far can he take us in the remaining games ? Above Hearts would be an amazing achievement, anything above that and he'll have worked wonders.

If he has an eye for a player and Hibs signing policy works in the summer, we've got good times ahead.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Really liked the look of that 4-1-2-3 set-up. Loved it actually. Flow and Horgan wide. Much preferred it to 4-4-2. Good work hibs.

Left by mutual consent!
    What a difference McNulty has made. A proper striker who can score goals, hold up play, link with Flo and get into positions...Jamie McClaren couldn't lace his boots

Excellent sums it up. We pressed them, we worked hard, we defended well, our goalkeeper was good and we scored 2 good goals (counting the build up to the penalty as part of that goal).

I just wish some fans would give the manager a chance and acknowledge the job he has done. Guy behind me moaned his tits off for 90 minutes and even referred to us an 'embarrassment' at one point.

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Excellent sums it up. We pressed them, we worked hard, we defended well, our goalkeeper was good and we scored 2 good goals (counting the build up to the penalty as part of that goal).

I just wish some fans would give the manager a chance and acknowledge the job he has done. Guy behind me moaned his tits off for 90 minutes and even referred to us an 'embarrassment' at one point.
    Indeed....bloke behind us moaning about Mallan the whole game. Not wanting to start a thread but the amount of folk streaming for the exits at 80 mins was surprising.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    Not wanting to start a thread but the amount of folk streaming for the exits at 80 mins was surprising.
    Amazes me every match. If you pay for 90 mins, then why not watch and support for 90 mins?

Indeed....bloke behind us moaning about Mallan the whole game. Not wanting to start a thread but the amount of folk streaming for the exits at 80 mins was surprising.
    No it wasn't. Yes we played very well, but the weather was bogging and the game was all but finished.

I stayed until the final whistle, but I was straight out and away without waiting to clap like I normally do.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar

You don’t by any chance sit in the East, somewhere around seat 90 do you? Guy behind me is becoming unbearable. Absolutely loses the plot every time someone makes a mistake, “JUST ****ING LAUNCH IT” is his favourite phrase and every one of our players is declared a ****ing coward/waste of skin at least twice a game.

Thank **** we don’t play football his way or we’d make hearts look like Barca.

Quote Originally Posted by Besties Debut View Post
    What a difference McNulty has made. A proper striker who can score goals, hold up play, link with Flo and get into positions...Jamie McClaren couldn't lace his boots
    Agreed.

We have various threats going forward now. The group is coming together nicely. Even Fraser Murray back after such a long time out.

Regarding fans leaving.. traffic..travel..weather..rugby..family events - the list goes on. Least they attend and pay £ for the club.

More concerned about the usual empty seats in Famous Five.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Blame_Latapy View Post
    Amazes me every match. If you pay for 90 mins, then why not watch and support for 90 mins?
    Because you can't pay for just 80.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Left by mutual consent!
    Fantastic tactics today. We have some head coach.

Think that was our best performance this season, that I've watched.

I think we are thin on quality in the team and squad but PH has them playing as a team and for each other was brilliant to witness. I am getting optimistic about what he might achieve with more quality.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

I moved seat today due to all the free spots and there was a guy a few rows behind who for the first 10 minutes was moaning very loudly at every little stray pass or poor passage of play.

However, after we started playing a wee bit better (and eventually a lot better) he changed his tune, eventually raving about our performance (still very loudly) by the end. Fair play.

Aye, a loanee tae, you must be gutted 😆

FF upper? Just to the right of the goal?

It seems to be getting worse ... absolutely bizarre today. If the players don’t shake hands quickly there’s nobody left in the ground to applaud.

Most enjoyable Hibs performance for a long time. A lot of players showing that they actually ARE good players ... Horgan, Mallan, Milligan and Flo the best examples. However ... to see Paul Hanlon back to his best must be the biggest positive of all!

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    It seems to be getting worse ... absolutely bizarre today. If the players don’t shake hands quickly there’s nobody left in the ground to applaud.

Most enjoyable Hibs performance for a long time. A lot of players showing that they actually ARE good players ... Horgan, Mallan, Milligan and Flo the best examples. However ... to see Paul Hanlon back to his best must be the biggest positive of all!
    A really good team performance, they deserved to be applauded off the park. I know it's not just a Hibs problem, it happens at all grounds, but there are times I wish folk would just wait a few minutes until the end of the game and clap the team off the park.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    Aye, a loanee tae, you must be gutted 😆
    Enjoy him for the next 2 months and then he will be offski and we will be looking for another striker

@hibs.net private member
    Workmanlike performance. At times we played some great football, but at times, especially in the first half, we were sloppy. Motherwell were bad so we were never punished.

However, a very big win for us - a true 6 pointer.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brummie_Hibs View Post
    Workmanlike performance. At times we played some great football, but at times, especially in the first half, we were sloppy. Motherwell were bad so we were never punished.

However, a very big win for us - a true 6 pointer.
    I’d agree. I don’t mean to be negative but I don’t think we were half as good as folk are making out.

Milligan and Omeonga were outstanding. McNulty was good and Kamberi worked hard in an unfamiliar position. I thought Mallan was average at best. He absolutely craps it at any 50-50.

The bit that annoyed me (again) was the lack of pressing, especially in the first half. Don’t get me wrong it was a good performance. But not a great performance.
    Last edited by overdrive; 16-03-2019 at 09:35 PM.

Enjoy him for the next 2 months and then he will be offski and we will be looking for another striker
    Im sure Heckers wlil be well aware of that 👍

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    I’d agree. I don’t mean to be negative but I don’t think we were half as good as folk are making out.

Milligan and Omeonga were outstanding. McNulty was good and Kamberi worked hard in an unfamiliar position. I thought Mallan was average at best. He absolutely craps it at any 50-50.

The bit that annoyed me (again) was the lack of pressing, especially in the first half. Don’t get me wrong it was a good performance. But not a great performance.
    Said the same at the game today about Mallan on 50-50s

Got away with it today but if he does not start going in fully committed 100% he is going to get hurt

Where do they go???

I think the point is that it was an enjoyable game, Hibs looked up for it and when we didn't have the ball we made it really difficult for Motherwell to make anything out of their possession. It wasn't a brilliant performance, but it was a very good one which should have been rewarded with a 3rd goal in the 2nd half …. how the hell did Horgan miss

Though we didn't have a failure on the park, Milligan, McNulty and Omeonga were stand outs for me and special mention to Kamberi who for the second game running worked really hard to defend his side of the park without neglecting his forward duties.

Lets hope the international break gives us a chance to get some of the injured players back. Its getting ridiculous, any more and we'll have to draft in players from the ladies team.

Left by mutual consent!
    So will be the majority of the league.

And we'll find one, like we found Riordan, O'Connor, Fletcher, Benji, Killen, Stokes, Griffiths, Cummings, Kamberi and McNulty.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Very pleasing performance today. Think there’s still more to come but everyone played pretty well and we saw out the game so comfortably. Special mentions for Milligan, Omeonga and McNulty who I thought were all outstanding.
    Milligan centre half..no nonsense clear your lines....immense today.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    Im sure Heckers wlil be well aware of that ��
    Hopefully Heckers drives it home to the board how important he is to the team and gets them to splash the cash to sign him permanently

Left by mutual consent!
    Hopefully Heckers drives it home to the board how important he is to the team and gets them to splash the cash to sign him permanently
    If it doesn’t work out that way I would try and get Naismith on a pre contract. Imagine him linking with Flo’ Allan and Horgan instead of watching a Berra hoof go over his head.