hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 75 of 75
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    FF upper? Just to the right of the goal?
    Exactly there.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #62
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    9,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Vini1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we are thin on quality in the team and squad but PH has them playing as a team and for each other was brilliant to witness. I am getting optimistic about what he might achieve with more quality.
    I disagree.

    I think we've got a fair bit of quality. There were one or two passages of play in the second half when we were knocking it about whilst being pressed by young, fit, good players on s dodgy pitch and it was a joy to behold.

    We lack depth and we're down to the bare bones at the moment but I think there is some real quality there.

    During the first half of the season we were clearly lacking something but the addition of the quality of McNulty and Omeonga we're seeing s lot more from the players who were already here.

    We were very good today. I'm surprised we're not unanimous in that view tonight.

  4. #63
    Coaching Staff monktonharp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    pleasant valley eh15
    Age
    65
    Posts
    10,915
    not there today, but looking forward to tomorrow and discussing it with my auld uncle. Motherwell fan through and through but he's gettin' it tight while we have a dram . have to admit, I was a bit worried as the ' Well have had a good few games recently. Sounds like we did quite "well" on the day. our branch will be running a bus to Livi as we are getting near crunch time and this result has encouraged a good few to book places on the bus. Hope we can take a fantastic support, to help drive our boys on.

  5. #64
    First Team Breakthrough Besties Debut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Edinburgh West
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree.

    I think we've got a fair bit of quality. There were one or two passages of play in the second half when we were knocking it about whilst being pressed by young, fit, good players on s dodgy pitch and it was a joy to behold.

    We lack depth and we're down to the bare bones at the moment but I think there is some real quality there.

    During the first half of the season we were clearly lacking something but the addition of the quality of McNulty and Omeonga we're seeing s lot more from the players who were already here.

    We were very good today. I'm surprised we're not unanimous in that view tonight.
    We have brought in two above average players in Omeonga and McNulty and the other players around them are raising their game. It's a shame that Boyle and Porteous will probably not get the chance to play with them.

  6. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You don’t by any chance sit in the East, somewhere around seat 90 do you? Guy behind me is becoming unbearable. Absolutely loses the plot every time someone makes a mistake, “JUST ****ING LAUNCH IT” is his favourite phrase and every one of our players is declared a ****ing coward/waste of skin at least twice a game.

    Thank **** we don’t play football his way or we’d make hearts look like Barca.
    I must sit near you both. It’s no me doing the barracking by the way 😁but we hear this guy who is so down on players/tactics/any sort of misplaced pass etc. My brother was getting a bit flustered by the gadgey’s randomly, negative outbursts.

  7. #66
    Just remembered that today could've gone very differently if Stevenson's one-two attempt with the post after twenty seconds had gone in.

    What on earth was he thinking?

  8. #67
    Coaching Staff MWHIBBIES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Lothian
    Posts
    7,215
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly there.
    Yeah, you must be close to me, he's really annoying.

  9. #68
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    971
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If it doesn’t work out that way I would try and get Naismith on a pre contract. Imagine him linking with Flo’ Allan and Horgan instead of watching a Berra hoof go over his head.

    His legs have gone.

  10. #69
    Thought Mallan was good yesterday, pressing, using his body well and not giving the ball away much at all. Maybe got a wee point to prove to the gaffer or the new system suiting him better.

  11. #70
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    246
    Hearts should be worried. We were very good yesterday.

  12. #71
    @hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    2,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunfyhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thought Mallan was good yesterday, pressing, using his body well and not giving the ball away much at all. Maybe got a wee point to prove to the gaffer or the new system suiting him better.
    Suspect it's a, mix of the system and him being given a clearly defined role each week so he can settle in to it rather than the chopping a changing roles, formations and personnel we'd seen prior to Heckingbottom's arrival.

  13. #72
    Coaching Staff JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    25,931
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the point is that it was an enjoyable game, Hibs looked up for it and when we didn't have the ball we made it really difficult for Motherwell to make anything out of their possession. It wasn't a brilliant performance, but it was a very good one which should have been rewarded with a 3rd goal in the 2nd half …. how the hell did Horgan miss

    Though we didn't have a failure on the park, Milligan, McNulty and Omeonga were stand outs for me and special mention to Kamberi who for the second game running worked really hard to defend his side of the park without neglecting his forward duties.

    Lets hope the international break gives us a chance to get some of the injured players back. Its getting ridiculous, any more and we'll have to draft in players from the ladies team.
    Agree very good performance against a team that have won 7 out of 9 league games. Defended well and played it exactly right second half and got an extremely important 3 points.

  14. #73
    @hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    26
    Posts
    655
    Must say I really like the look of Milligan at CB. Composed and a smart footballing brain. Doesn't get caught out so much and can play out from the back unlike McGregor. I'd keep him there!

  15. #74
    Coaching Staff JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    25,931
    Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Must say I really like the look of Milligan at CB. Composed and a smart footballing brain. Doesn't get caught out so much and can play out from the back unlike McGregor. I'd keep him there!
    Agree thought he was excellent and strolled it a few very important tackles and interceptions and as you says provides much needed composure at the back. Midfield looked better also.

  16. #75
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,039
    The players seem to have far more defined roles. There have been a few times this season when players have been thrown into unfamiliar roles and looked utterly lost.

    Hecky seems to be the manager to cross every t and dot every i and can communicate that well. Really excited.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved