hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hecky calls out Steven McLean over apology to Gerrard

Last edited by hibee_girl; 15-03-2019 at 10:20 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i've avoided all posts/threads relating to this 'apology' due to thinking it was a wind-up, now i realise it's actually true i'm absolutely freakin astonished a referee would call a manager of any team to apologise, now i'm wondering how McLean will make things right again looks like the heck is quickly finding out what goes on up here

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i've avoided all posts/threads relating to this 'apology' due to thinking it was a wind-up, now i realise it's actually true i'm absolutely freakin astonished a referee would call a manager of any team to apologise, now i'm wondering how McLean will make things right again looks like the heck is quickly finding out what goes on up here
    It's bad enough that it happened but who leaked it?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    My money’s on Gerrard.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    My money’s on Gerrard.
    Someone trying to make mischief that's for sure.....

First Team Breakthrough Ralphy C's Avatar
    Gotta be Wallace.

Hecky’s dead right and gives the perfect, considered response. Very impressed am I.

He's correct. Utterly baffling decision to call the Rangers manager. He was a ref i had a bit of time for. Not now.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Correct response from Hecky and he is totally right in a game strewn with dubious decisions so what if what the ref thought was a foul maybe on second viewing he would have called different. Incredible to phone Gerrard at all never mind on the basis of a 50/50 call which he had a perfect view of. Just smacks as we all assume anyway that because the vast majority if not all top refs are from ref associations bordering Glasgow they are more than a little intimidated by the two biggest clubs. Shambolic situation but you just know there will be a circling of the wagons and we will probably get done over because of the comments. Well done on Paul for calling it out.

Great article.

Hopefully all these things are starting to shine a massive spotlight on the bias that goes on up here. The refs are absolutely terrified of upsetting Celtic or Rangers because of any repurcussions from their large fan base. It brings the entire game into disrepute

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Well said Hecky. Call out the bias in favour of Rantic. Pathetic from McLean but we all know the Huns benefited from dodgy refs in both incarnations so no huge surprise.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Considering their goal came from a bigger blunder it’s astonishing.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinkydoo View Post
    Great article.

Hopefully all these things are starting to shine a massive spotlight on the bias that goes on up here. The refs are absolutely terrified of upsetting Celtic or Rangers because of any repurcussions from their large fan base. It brings the entire game into disrepute
    Then surely time to use cameras during the game far more?

Left by mutual consent!
    Hecky was too dignified in my opinion. He should have called the referee star struck and asked him if Gerrard sent him a signed Liverpool shirt . He must be thrilled at having the phone number of a Premiership legend. He couldn’t resist it he had to call it.

One of the advantages of having a manager who's new to the Scottish game and not part of the West Coast establishment (just like Steve Clarke), is that they're prepared to call these things out, and the media has little option but to sit up and take notice.

Whoever leaked the call from Ibrox will get rebuked. But it begs the obvious question ... how many others calls and conversations go on between certain clubs and referees behind closed doors - before and after games !! Smells rotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Besties Debut View Post
    Hecky was too dignified in my opinion. He should have called the referee star struck and asked him if Gerrard sent him a signed Liverpool shirt . He must be thrilled at having the phone number of a Premiership legend. He couldn’t resist it he had to call it.
    I wonder if he already had Gerrard's personal number or the direct line number of the Rangers manager's office.

Was it not Gerrard himself that told the press the referee had called him to apologise?

Hecky says he has never received an apology from a ref and doesn't expect one. Guess what Hecky you won't be disappointed.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    One of the advantages of having a manager who's new to the Scottish game and not part of the West Coast establishment (just like Steve Clarke), is that they're prepared to call these things out, and the media has little option but to sit up and take notice.

Whoever leaked the call from Ibrox will get rebuked. But it begs the obvious question ... how many others calls and conversations go on between certain clubs and referees behind closed doors - before and after games !! Smells rotten.
    No they wont that is part of the plan to ensure Rangers get decisions in the future also why Rodgers said the linesman apologised to him for a penalty we got in the league cup semi final last season. It is to put pressure on for future games and ensure the officials behave themselves in future.

First Team Breakthrough MurrayfieldHibs's Avatar
    Did we get a phonecall from the ref to apologise for Sparky's free kick against the spambos that was 6 foot over the line....

Did Lenny get a phonecall from the ref for the blatant penalty against in the 1-2 loss to the rangers in December 2017 ???

Then why the f*** did McLean make this phonecall???

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Considering their goal came from a bigger blunder it’s astonishing.
    Exactly this and I’m surprised it’s not been mentioned as much.

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevi_SOL View Post
    Exactly this and I’m surprised it’s not been mentioned as much.
    You're surprised ?
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Just watched the move for our goal again the Ref is standing the right side of Omeonga and sees nothing wrong

Link attached please forward to 5.30 to avoid all the sectarian singing that the Huns don’t sing

I find this astonishing especially the incident when McNulty gets his jersey pulled back in front of the Ref and he waves play on

https://youtu.be/9N0mapB9Nyo

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Eddie Turnbull must have had dozens of phone calls

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Didn't Rodgers get a phone call to apologise on one occasion? Can't go giving bad calls against the Old Firm....
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

We won the ball on the edge of our own box, travelled all the way up the other end of the pitch, knocked the ball about a bit, then stuck it in the net. The Rangers conceded the goal because their whole team couldn't deal with the Hibees.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Really good article and there is not one bit that can be disagreed with. The next iffy decision that The Rangers get, that ends up being significant will surely mean that Gerrard is asked whether the referee should call the other manager to apologise. So this one will fall back on his own head and show up a bit of naivety on his part. Seems a shame for The Rangers that as Gerrard learns the job, the first bit that he picked up was to point away from his team's and his own failings.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Just watched the move for our goal again the Ref is standing the right side of Omeonga and sees nothing wrong

Link attached please forward to 5.30 to avoid all the sectarian singing that the Huns don’t sing

Not even a foul.

Just proves the cheating that goes on

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Not even a foul.
    Exactly, just cause Tav is challenged and falls on his arse doesn’t make it a foul.