hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and i already know what they will start singing even if there's just a wee slight stramash between ANY opposition player and one of theirs
    Yep. This should reported after every match also.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Scottish football is stuck in the doldrums.
    Lets face it the sfa would never severely punnish the rangers and celtic for sectarian chanting.
    Until change at the sfa happens, and some genuine pioneering projects are attempted in the game up here.we will hear it till the end of time.
    They are the games lifeblood in the eyes of the association.the rest of scottish football would do well to break away from them all together.
    Summer football and keep our own houses in order, and let some other clubs prosper in a proper league thats about the football.until then it will be same old guff.
    The rangers are at it here clearly.
    If they could leave the sfa they would jump in a heartbeat.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    Scottish football is stuck in the doldrums.
    Lets face it the sfa would never severely punnish the rangers and celtic for sectarian chanting.
    Until change at the sfa happens, and some genuine pioneering projects are attempted in the game up here.we will hear it till the end of time.
    They are the games lifeblood in the eyes of the association.the rest of scottish football would do well to break away from them all together.
    Summer football and keep our own houses in order, and let some other clubs prosper in a proper league thats about the football.until then it will be same old guff.
    The rangers are at it here clearly.
    If they could leave the sfa they would jump in a heartbeat.
    I actually see it as a massive chance for the rest of Scottish football to highlight how disgusting the old firm are.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    I actually see it as a massive chance for the rest of Scottish football to highlight how disgusting the old firm are.
    Me too.

With this ridiculous act of hypocrisy, Sevco might have done us all a favour.

We need to take the chance though.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    The bottom line is Aberdeen sing a secterian song this week and its highlighted as an issue. Sevco do this in larger louder numbers week after week and its not highlighted? Disgraceful.

How many times was Neil Lennon a fenian B when we played them? It is a disgrace by the people reporting this to not be saying hold on here.
    Have said for a while now that the best way to get the SFA, SPFL, PS, media and government to start taking action is for all the OTHER clubs' fans to START singing sectarian songs. It was absolutely 100% GUARANTEED to get their attention, outrage and some action. Lo and behold, Dons fans sing some song and Police Scotland click into gear like it something new. You could not make it up !

Appreciate that it's abhorrent and not right, but would kill this issue within a few weeks.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    It's than that though is it not?

It's possibly an opportunity expose the double-standards in both the higher and lower echelons of Scottish Football and dare I say it, Police Scotland?

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    It's farcical.

Clearly, sectarian chants by any team shouldn't be accepted, and just because it was against Rangers, it shouldn't be ignored.

That said, the double standards are incredible. It's like putting the kids that finally lost patience with the bully and kicked back on detention and ignoring the bully's behaviour.

If this is how it's going to be then I'd love to see Hibs and Hibs fans complain to Police Scotland and whoever else is involved in calling Aberdeen out, each and every time we hear it from Rangers, Celtic, and Hearts.
    I said on another thread, in the unlikely event it was us singing sectarian songs. Being pragmatic, I’d be happy for it to be us that got punished if it meant a precedent was set and thus the problem could no longer be ignored.

Would it be fair in that scenario that it was us punished when the Old Firm have gotten away with it for decades, no. However a precedent needs to start somewhere and it clearly won’t start with either of the Old Firm.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post
    I’m point out that offense could be construed on a million different reasons, depending on the individual. Does anyone actually really sit in a stadium and get there blood boiled listening to a bunch of knuckle dragging weegies signing songs you can’t even make out the words to?

Apparently those weegies do, as theyr the ones that complained.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Until we get strict liability in Scotland we will only hear the same platitudes about how unacceptable it is, whilst the songs continue without punishment.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Classic bully mentality from Sevco. Dish it out in bucket loads, arrogantly puff their chests out and spout their bile and abuse but the moment anything is given back to them its all petted lips, faux outrage and "the big bad boys are picking on us" stuff. Pathetic.

I'm by no means saying that just because Rangers are the main cause of the problem that they should receive sectarianism back. The problem needs to be COMPLETELY eradicated from the game, however you really do have to cringe at yet again that horrible mob, who absolutely live and breathe hatred and bigotry, play the victim card. One again poor wee Rangers being picked on, everyone against them blah blah blah

I'm in no means condoning any bigotry directed at Rangers but perhaps it gives them a snippet of what the rest of us have to put up with from them every single match day.

Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    I see Nil By Mouth have reared their heads to condemn Aberdeen.

Sadly, although they were founded with the best of intentions, they see everything through the prism of West-Coast/Norn-Iron bigotry.

The fact they don't even get the irony of chanting about a Roman Catholic being an Orangeman is quite typical for them.

The question might also be asked about their lack of weekly condemnation for the weekly sectarian chanting of the Bigot Brothers.

Left by mutual consent!
    I thought it was Scouse they sung not Orange? I've been attending Hibs Aberdeen games since the 70s and can honestly say I have never heard or seen their fans do anything that should be classed as sectarian.
    Last edited by Besties Debut; 15-03-2019 at 07:15 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Besties Debut View Post
    I thought it was Scouse they sung not Orange? I've been attending Hibs Aberdeen games since the 70s and can honestly say I have never heard or seen their fans do anything that should be classed as sectarian.
    That’s just the thing, almost every Rantic fan has never hear or seen anything they would class as sectarian at any of their games. It’s basically why they were so dead against the Offensive Behaviour at Football Act. The defeat of the Scottish Government over that issue, I believe, has set this issue back decades.

I remember singing the Soldiers Song and things like I’m no a Billy I’m a Tim in the late 60s early 70s. Didn’t really know why or what it meant it was just joining in. Certainly plenty of Orange B stuff at rangers players and match officials too so it did happen and in large numbers.

I can also remember a bizarre, non football related incident when on a cub camp. One of the older boys took to yelling Fenian B at passing motorists for some reason. It sounded like such a good little ditty the very small version of me joined in wth great gusto. That was until the older boy told me I couldn’t shout that because I was a cafflic. It would be along time before it dawned on me what it all meant.
    Sometimes we have no idea what we are joining in with but a little education goes a long way. It may take a while to sink in for the hard of thinking just maybe this newfound condemnation and drama queen shock and surprise from the SMSM my just start something positive.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Besties Debut View Post
    apart from singing that Neil Lennon was a sad fenian ******* at a recent game at Easter Road. They have previous and are no angels.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    apart from singing that Neil Lennon was a sad fenian ******* at a recent game at Easter Road. They have previous and are no angels.
    Are you sure they actually sung that? None of our group heard that.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post

couple of us were disgusted at them singing that

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    That’s just the thing, almost every Rantic fan has never hear or seen anything they would class as sectarian at any of their games. It’s basically why they were so dead against the Offensive Behaviour at Football Act. The defeat of the Scottish Government over that issue, I believe, has set this issue back decades.

I remember singing the Soldiers Song and things like I’m no a Billy I’m a Tim in the late 60s early 70s. Didn’t really know why or what it meant it was just joining in. Certainly plenty of Orange B stuff at rangers players and match officials too so it did happen and in large numbers.

I can also remember a bizarre, non football related incident when on a cub camp. One of the older boys took to yelling Fenian B at passing motorists for some reason. It sounded like such a good little ditty the very small version of me joined in wth great gusto. That was until the older boy told me I couldn’t shout that because I was a cafflic. It would be along time before it dawned on me what it all meant.
    Sometimes we have no idea what we are joining in with but a little education goes a long way. It may take a while to sink in for the hard of thinking just maybe this newfound condemnation and drama queen shock and surprise from the SMSM my just start something positive.
    I remember doing this as well and had no idea why, I don’t know why it stopped but it could have been with upsurge of the troubles in Northern Ireland
    GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    Are you sure they actually sung that? None of our group heard that.
    They did. Loud and clear.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Just been on the Aberdeen fans forum AFC Chat

Their match report thread is headed

Hun C#@£s 0 v 2 Aberdeen.

Banter is banter but I cannot see Jonnyboy ever using that header next time we win 0-2 at Ibroke.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Sadly, although they were founded with the best of intentions, they see everything through the prism of West-Coast/Norn-Iron bigotry.

The fact they don't even get the irony of chanting about a Roman Catholic being an Orangeman is quite typical for them.

The question might also be asked about their lack of weekly condemnation for the weekly sectarian chanting of the Bigot Brothers.

Nil by Mouth are not the answer. Blowhards who seem to want to curry favour with the worst offenders, rather than challenge them.

I am actually speechless at this ‘Aberdeen fans giving out sectarian abuse’ story. Absolute nonsense.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Just been on the Aberdeen fans forum AFC Chat

Their match report thread is headed

Hun C#@£s 0 v 2 Aberdeen.

Banter is banter but I cannot see Jonnyboy ever using that header next time we win 0-2 at Ibroke.
    But I would
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by ozhibs View Post
    I remember doing this as well and had no idea why, I don’t know why it stopped but it could have been with upsurge of the troubles in Northern Ireland
    GGTTH
    That may well have been a factor .
    The rebel songs seemed to "peter out" in the Cave pre Tornadoes era.

Around that time, late 60s, i used to travel on a supporters bus who had their application to join the Supporters Association knocked back, as they were deemed to be "too republican"

Branch bus conveners would remind fans on route to away games "nae rebel songs on the bus"
    I don't know if that was coming from the HSA to branches.
    But knowing some of the club officials/committee members back then,i would not be surprised !

GGTTH
    Last edited by Mick O'Rourke; 16-03-2019 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick O'Rourke View Post
    Very good point
    Many people i have met , who, when asked, would describe their religion as Protestant,
    were never christened/baptised or attended church.

Maybe went the Boys Brigade or Sunday School back in the day.

Possibly equating going to a state school with that to i suppose.

" i went to a proddy school" they would say.
    Catholic schools are state schools too.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Was Andy Cameron not on camera at a Rangers (RIP) game many moons ago singing the sash or another "folk" song?
    Aye yi could be right. Remember some sort of stooshie about it

The fact they ****s are complaining about it could be good for Scottish fitba in the long run. Maybe more action will be taken, although from them it seems like a they started it first mentality and should be punished first. Means the huns can no longer hide when punishments are dished out. We need a strong message.fines.sections closed.points deduction b4 the bigots are drowned out and banished to the past. Clubs fans will soon police their own when point deductions come into play.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-47750125

Football clubs have been warned that the Scottish government will act if they do not root out sectarianism in the sport.

Justice Secretary Humza Yousaf said the "vile cancer" was a societal problem, and was not just connected to football.

But he said there were far too many incidents of sectarianism around football grounds.

He said clubs must say how they will tackle the problem - and if not, "all options" remain on the table.

i suspect this will be the headlines this time next year, and the year after etc etc, wonder how tomorrows bigotfest will go