hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 184
  1. #151
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    13,226
    Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But the person involved wasn't attempting to enter the ground with a flare or smokebomb?
    You know that how?
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #152
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    The beautiful City of York
    Posts
    38,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You know that how?
    Presumably because it was set off outside the stadium.

    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!



  4. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Down the front of the east, literally jumped over into the area between both advertising boards and jumped back in, lynched by 4 policemen and dragged out. A pointless arrest to make a stand.
    Needs to be a line somewhere tho at what point do you say oh itís fine he was just a little over ... he crossed it while thousands other never , no sympathy


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You know that how?
    As if someone would try and walk through the turnstile with a lit flare? Come on.

  6. #155
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    kirkcaldy
    Posts
    5,909
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Presumably because it was set off outside the stadium.

    Maybe he had more than one
    🤗

  7. #156
    Testimonial Due SquashedFrogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    43
    Posts
    2,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ^^ Which part?

    Police whinging about cuts but can have a dozen polis lined up searching buses for beer is a fact.

    ER is a morgue outwith games versus Rangers or Hearts thats also a fact.



    What hatred on here?

    I'm not fussed either way about LD. She's done some good i'll accept that but let's not kid ourselves on she's some kind of messiah. She's probably one of the highest paid at ER! She's made a few balls up's along the way which you can't seem to mention on here without the Hibs.Net Board Fan Club kicking off.

    Anyway...

    -3 seasons in the championship
    -Allowed the Record to print utter pish after the Cup Final which went unchallenged
    -Gave the Record exclusive behind the scenes footage at EM after the above
    -Made a noel hunt of the loyalty points system
    -If you believe some press allowed our last manager to walk away with a full pay-off
    -Banned the singing section and other fans from trying a new singing section in the FF lower
    -The joint statement with Anne Budget after the Halloween massacre
    -Happy to out Hibs fans and ban them but rewarded the biggest bunch of ******** supporters in the country with an increased allocation despite them singing about fenians for 90 minutes
    Hilarious post with possibly the most desperate list of 'negatives' I've ever seen.

  8. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by leith_hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tell me about it!

    I totally understand if violence is involved however, IMO setting of a flare, drinking on the streets, smoking weed, shouting verbals at opposing fans it is now going OTT.

    The fact of the matter is you will never rid these sort of things in football because we have an unjust approach which stems from the powers that organise football. Itís very simple. No matter what club it is have strict laws for example, set off flares or, throw objects or, any sectarian singing in the ground next home game is played behind closed doors, if it happens again the club receive points deductions.

    If it is away fans that do this then blanket ban, that away team responsible has their fans banned from their next away game and like above if it happens again points deduction.

    So in theory, the Hibs v The Rangers game should have been played behind doors, if it is felt that that is to soon then the Motherwell game should be played behind closed doors. Sooner or, later if will be rooted out. It would also mean that The Rangers fans would have been banned following them throwing seating at Aberdeen fans.

    If people want rid of this sort of behaviour from these grounds a hard line approach has to be taken from the top, not left to individual clubs whom allow their fans to do one thing while another club does another. Just doesnae make sense allowing clubs to sort it. FUBAR.
    So your giving fans the power to dictate the game and ruin it for everyone else. Whatís stopping a Jambo dressed up as one of us, setting off a flare in the home end and screwing us over, or vice versa. Rangers and Celtic neck and neck in the league and a few radges can dictate a game behind closed doors or point deductions. Itís complete madness.

  9. #158
    First Team Breakthrough Besties Debut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Edinburgh West
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Genuinely bewildering. No idea what the issue is IMO. She has done a brilliant job in the main and contines to do so. Maybe yam trolls or hibees that hate themselves.
    Itís bizarre that you just assume that anyone who doesnít worship the board as much as you do is either a ďyam trollĒ or suffers from self hate.
    Iíve been happily married for over 30 years with two great kids and three gorgeous grandkids. Im in good health and comfortably retired at 57 year old on a full fire brigade pension.Why would I hate myself? Iíve been following Hibs since the early 70s and my whole family who are spread over Lochend, Resalrig and Pilrig are all Hibs fanatics. Yet you have decided that because I donít display a slavish devotion to the board like yourself itís must mean Iím either a Hearts fan or I secretly loathe myself . Sorry pal but your post is laughable.

  10. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ^^ Which part?

    Police whinging about cuts but can have a dozen polis lined up searching buses for beer is a fact.

    ER is a morgue outwith games versus Rangers or Hearts thats also a fact.



    What hatred on here?

    I'm not fussed either way about LD. She's done some good i'll accept that but let's not kid ourselves on she's some kind of messiah. She's probably one of the highest paid at ER! She's made a few balls up's along the way which you can't seem to mention on here without the Hibs.Net Board Fan Club kicking off.

    Anyway...

    -3 seasons in the championship
    -Allowed the Record to print utter pish after the Cup Final which went unchallenged
    -Gave the Record exclusive behind the scenes footage at EM after the above
    -Made a noel hunt of the loyalty points system
    -If you believe some press allowed our last manager to walk away with a full pay-off
    -Banned the singing section and other fans from trying a new singing section in the FF lower
    -The joint statement with Anne Budget after the Halloween massacre
    -Happy to out Hibs fans and ban them but rewarded the biggest bunch of ******** supporters in the country with an increased allocation despite them singing about fenians for 90 minutes
    She should be one of the highest paid at Easter Road. Shes the Chief executive lol.

    It's easy to spin things negatively. Lennons tenure has been done to death but many have focused on the negatives and it looks damning. It's easier to see the negatives than the positives, it's human nature. Overall LD has been a massive success for this football club but there has been mistakes a long the way. Shes human.
    Last edited by Since452; 15-03-2019 at 06:58 AM.

  11. #160
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    23,375
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So your giving fans the power to dictate the game and ruin it for everyone else. Whatís stopping a Jambo dressed up as one of us, setting off a flare in the home end and screwing us over, or vice versa. Rangers and Celtic neck and neck in the league and a few radges can dictate a game behind closed doors or point deductions. Itís complete madness.
    Presumably, the system will be prepared for action such as that.

  12. #161
    Coaching Staff JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    26,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Besties Debut View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Itís bizarre that you just assume that anyone who doesnít worship the board as much as you do is either a ďyam trollĒ or suffers from self hate.
    Iíve been happily married for over 30 years with two great kids and three gorgeous grandkids. Im in good health and comfortably retired at 57 year old on a full fire brigade pension.Why would I hate myself? Iíve been following Hibs since the early 70s and my whole family who are spread over Lochend, Resalrig and Pilrig are all Hibs fanatics. Yet you have decided that because I donít display a slavish devotion to the board like yourself itís must mean Iím either a Hearts fan or I secretly loathe myself . Sorry pal but your post is laughable.
    As is yours and well done on your retirement. Do you not think the level of criticism and abuse she has received over the Lennon situation which was IMO handled as professionally as it could have been and the recent fan incidents which she has shown leadership is a little disproportionate to the overall excellent job she has done? Look where the club was when she took over and where it is now though it seems some yam trolls or Hibs haters are desperate to drag us back to when we were awful.

  13. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Presumably, the system will be prepared for action such as that.
    I canít see it working, sounds like a complete farce waiting to happen. All it would do is drive away fans and crowds would reduce. Our crowd numbers show that all fans want is a winning and exciting team on the pitch. When we are winning, crowds are up. When losing, down.

  14. #163
    Coaching Staff JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    26,327
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can’t see it working, sounds like a complete farce waiting to happen. All it would do is drive away fans and crowds would reduce. Our crowd numbers show that all fans want is a winning and exciting team on the pitch. When we are winning, crowds are up. When losing, down.
    Maybe so but they also want a safe environment to take their kids and any action which curtails songs about battles 300 years ago or how one terrorist is better than another or stops clowns throwing missiles which could hit anybody then surely that is a good thing.

  15. #164
    Testimonial Due SquashedFrogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    43
    Posts
    2,863
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I canít see it working, sounds like a complete farce waiting to happen. All it would do is drive away fans and crowds would reduce. Our crowd numbers show that all fans want is a winning and exciting team on the pitch. When we are winning, crowds are up. When losing, down.
    Every clubs crowds go up and down based on winning.

  16. #165
    @hibs.net private member hibbymick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    East Lothian
    Age
    53
    Posts
    1,418
    Does anyone know how many Hibs fans got banned from Easter Road after the Scottish cup final ?

  17. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Every clubs crowds go up and down based on winning.
    Right, but can you imagine what itís going to do to crowds when a game is played behind closed doors or points are deducted. Fans that have paid for a season ticket unable to attend the game because of some ********. I just donít see it working.

  18. #167
    @hibs.net private member Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Dont know its too dark in here
    Age
    61
    Posts
    9,876
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Right, but can you imagine what itís going to do to crowds when a game is played behind closed doors or points are deducted. Fans that have paid for a season ticket unable to attend the game because of some ********. I just donít see it working.
    I don't know the details but it seems to work in other countries and UEFA apply it.

    The only reason I can see it not working in Scotland is that the bigots are untouchable.
    Space to let

  19. #168
    First Team Breakthrough Besties Debut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Edinburgh West
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As is yours and well done on your retirement. Do you not think the level of criticism and abuse she has received over the Lennon situation which was IMO handled as professionally as it could have been and the recent fan incidents which she has shown leadership is a little disproportionate to the overall excellent job she has done? Look where the club was when she took over and where it is now though it seems some yam trolls or Hibs haters are desperate to drag us back to when we were awful.
    For the record I think that the Lennon affair was a shambles and handled very poorly. Many Hibs fans share my opinion and many donít. That doesnít mean that somebody is a yam troll, self loather or Hibs hater simply because they have a different opinion. After all we all come on a Hibs forum to give our opinions about Hibs. Itís not realistic to expect everybody to have exactly the same viewpoint. At the end of the day we all want the same thing and thatís a winning team on the park.

  20. #169
    Testimonial Due SquashedFrogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    43
    Posts
    2,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Besties Debut View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For the record I think that the Lennon affair was a shambles and handled very poorly. Many Hibs fans share my opinion and many donít. That doesnít mean that somebody is a yam troll, self loather or Hibs hater simply because they have a different opinion. After all we all come on a Hibs forum to give our opinions about Hibs. Itís not realistic to expect everybody to have exactly the same viewpoint. At the end of the day we all want the same thing and thatís a winning team on the park.
    Agree about differing opinions and wanting the same thing. I've still yet to hear a convincing arguement as to why it was a shambles and handled poorly.

    For me it was handled and concluded very professionally.

  21. #170
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Blackpool
    Age
    59
    Posts
    49,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Besties Debut View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For the record I think that the Lennon affair was a shambles and handled very poorly. Many Hibs fans share my opinion and many don’t. That doesn’t mean that somebody is a yam troll, self loather or Hibs hater simply because they have a different opinion. After all we all come on a Hibs forum to give our opinions about Hibs. It’s not realistic to expect everybody to have exactly the same viewpoint. At the end of the day we all want the same thing and that’s a winning team on the park.
    I don't know how anyone can have a serious opinion about it, never mind take the opinion it was handled badly or was a shambles, when we have no idea what actually happened other than unsubstantiated rumours?
    Last edited by blackpoolhibs; 15-03-2019 at 09:53 AM.

  22. #171
    Coaching Staff Ronniekirk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Paisley
    Posts
    8,154
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agree about differing opinions and wanting the same thing. I've still yet to hear a convincing arguement as to why it was a shambles and handled poorly.

    For me it was handled and concluded very professionally.
    She went on record saying in hindsight she could of handled it differently or words to that effect
    But itís gone now and you can make a case to say we werenít heading into the top six under Lennon but The Heck has got us there
    Although Eddie May said our Signings are all Lennon Signings so you do t know the difference that would of made
    But we do know the relationship between Lennon and Kamberri was not constructive and he is now performing and scoring again
    But letís move on Tomorrowís game is Huge for us


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  23. #172
    @hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Dalkeith
    Age
    58
    Posts
    4,731
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe so but they also want a safe environment to take their kids and any action which curtails songs about battles 300 years ago or how one terrorist is better than another or stops clowns throwing missiles which could hit anybody then surely that is a good thing.
    ER is a safe environment for kids, My 6 year old grandson sits in the West Upper and has never been in any danger or has been frightened to be there. As for the ďsongsĒ he doesnít know what they are all about but one day he will ask and I will explain to him accordingly. Wonít make it any less safe for him.

  24. #173
    @hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The Woodpile
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,531
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: fraserrmaltman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ER is a safe environment for kids, My 6 year old grandson sits in the West Upper and has never been in any danger or has been frightened to be there. As for the ďsongsĒ he doesnít know what they are all about but one day he will ask and I will explain to him accordingly. Wonít make it any less safe for him.
    Exactly. They're less safe watching the bloody news - today especially!

  25. #174
    Testimonial Due SquashedFrogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    43
    Posts
    2,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    She went on record saying in hindsight she could of handled it differently or words to that effect
    But itís gone now and you can make a case to say we werenít heading into the top six under Lennon but The Heck has got us there
    Although Eddie May said our Signings are all Lennon Signings so you do t know the difference that would of made
    But we do know the relationship between Lennon and Kamberri was not constructive and he is now performing and scoring again
    But letís move on Tomorrowís game is Huge for us


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agree. Looking forward to tomorrow. All the makings of a cracking game.

  26. #175
    I remember when i was a kid the old east stand was always commented on by opposition players as being a part of the park they felt intimidated taking throwins etc. It most definitely has that feel again. Im all for that as long as it doesn't turn violent. I want players to crap themselves and muck up a corner or rush a throw in. I'd hate the passion to be taken away. It's taken a lot of years to make Easter Road intimidating again and it's a shame some bottle throwing/pitch invading morons risk ruining it.

  27. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by Besties Debut View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For the record I think that the Lennon affair was a shambles and handled very poorly. Many Hibs fans share my opinion and many donít. That doesnít mean that somebody is a yam troll, self loather or Hibs hater simply because they have a different opinion. After all we all come on a Hibs forum to give our opinions about Hibs. Itís not realistic to expect everybody to have exactly the same viewpoint. At the end of the day we all want the same thing and thatís a winning team on the park.
    I agree Lennon handled it very badly indeed.

  28. #177
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    The beautiful City of York
    Posts
    38,865
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbymick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone know how many Hibs fans got banned from Easter Road after the Scottish cup final ?
    Why would they have been banned?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!



  29. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why would they have been banned?
    Think we got over 140 banning orders so that number were banned from ER no?

  30. #179
    I'm sure the Jambo who ran on and confronted Riordan is back watching games at home and away.

    The authorities who are in charge of football in Scotland need to make a statement about fan behaviour.

    I'm amazed the Scottish FA have said nothing recently ?

    Closing stands isn't the way forward - it happens in Europe and it hasn't stopped the problems.

    Clubs should have representatives stationed at all stands during the game and that includes the away fans bringing security too. This is not to take the job of the stewards or police but to be eyes / ears on the ground to actually see what's happening and identify any trouble makers / areas of trouble.

    Any fan in Scotland who runs on the pitch is banned from every ground in Scotland for life. There is no excuse - don't jump over a barrier.

    Any damage to the away end - broken seats etc = reduced allocation next time that team visits .Both Clubs involved post pictures online to show damage.

    Regarding smoke bombs / objects being thrown and sectarian singing - I'm not sure the best way to deal with this. But reducing allocations / closing stands is hard to do.

  31. #180
    @hibs.net private member 90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    4,085
    Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sure the Jambo who ran on and confronted Riordan is back watching games at home and away.

    The authorities who are in charge of football in Scotland need to make a statement about fan behaviour.

    I'm amazed the Scottish FA have said nothing recently ?

    Closing stands isn't the way forward - it happens in Europe and it hasn't stopped the problems.

    Clubs should have representatives stationed at all stands during the game and that includes the away fans bringing security too. This is not to take the job of the stewards or police but to be eyes / ears on the ground to actually see what's happening and identify any trouble makers / areas of trouble.

    Any fan in Scotland who runs on the pitch is banned from every ground in Scotland for life. There is no excuse - don't jump over a barrier.

    Any damage to the away end - broken seats etc = reduced allocation next time that team visits .Both Clubs involved post pictures online to show damage.

    Regarding smoke bombs / objects being thrown and sectarian singing - I'm not sure the best way to deal with this. But reducing allocations / closing stands is hard to do.
    Wasn't there 2 fannies on the pitch that night? (not including the hearts team obviously)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved