hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Auld players

Auld players

I went to a new job the other week to find I was working with Pat Carroll. Never got much of a chance but I reminded him of a day up at tannadice when he scored directly from a corner, he told me it was his debut as a 17 year old in 1974, hard to believe how the years roll by. All round nice guy.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    He got to wear the green

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Remember Pat Carroll as being a tricky winger made his debut versus Dundee Utd 11/1/75 scored direct from a corner but credited as a Hamish McAlpine og only played 24 games between then and Noorkopping from Sweden in the EUFA Cup in 1978

Eddie Turnbull did not give him a chance

Coaching Staff
    I remember Pat Carrol being talked about as ‘the next big thing’ around the time I emigrated in 74...

Met Pat Carroll in a cafe in Falkirk after his playing days were over. He made the effort to come over and chat because both of my kids were in their Hibs gear. Fond memories of the man for me even if he never hit the very top with Hibs.....

Left by mutual consent!
    So many players have had the honor of wearing the green and living out our dreams. Chris Jackson scored against Hearts at PBS. Imagine how good that must have felt. Chris Dagnall won a Scottish Cup medal. Chris Reid deputized for Andy Goram arguably our greatest ever keeper. Firefighter Gary Smith partnered Le God in the defense and played in the 6-2 game...the list is endless of folk you wouldn't give a second glance too nowadays but has done things that we fantasize about.