hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Slipped disc

Left by mutual consent!

Slipped disc

Anyone on here ever had this? When I put my head forward or back I get a shooting pain down my arm and sometimes when I turn head. It is dependant on where my arm is (left) but no such issue with other arm. Is this sounding like slipped disc?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone on here ever had this? When I put my head forward or back I get a shooting pain down my arm and sometimes when I turn head. It is dependant on where my arm is (left) but no such issue with other arm. Is this sounding like slipped disc?
    It doesn't sound like that to me, but a visit to the doctor will confirm.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Sounds more like a trapped nerve, but probably a doctor may be better placed to diagnose than a bunch of unqualified nut jobs on here.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    Sounds more like a trapped nerve, but probably a doctor may be better placed to diagnose than a bunch of unqualified nut jobs on here.
    Haha was thinking trapped nerve tbh, is there no way to "untrap" it?

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    I had a similar pain, turned out my ulnar nerve was trapped. A little manipulation and some exercises sorted it (mainly stretching my neck left/right, tucking my chin in to stretch the back) but I'd still suggest seeking medical advice.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    Whoah there, I have a certificate next to my tinfoil hat that begs to differ,,,,

@hibs.net private member hibbybob's Avatar
    Sounds like a Cervical Disc problem.
    I've had identical symptoms and had an ACDF op last week.
    Definitely see your GP in the first instance.
    First treatment may be pain killers and Physio. If that doesn't work you'll be sent for an MRI scan to identify the problem.
    I had an injection into the troublesome disc area last year and that solved the problem - for 8 months.
    The ACDF op involves removing the problematic disc and replacing it with a metal spacer or sometimes a bone graft.
    The op isn't pleasant and will be last resort as it's pretty invasive and not pleasant.
    Most of these types of problems will resolve in about 8 weeks so I'd suggest being patient in the first instance.
    Good luck!

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post

Whoah there, I have a certificate next to my tinfoil hat that begs to differ,,,,

My apologies.

I realised my error as soon as I'd posted, but hoped that it wouldn't be picked up by a qualified nut job.

No offence I hope.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Try a bit of yoga to stretch it out. I've been struggling with back pain/sciatica type problems for a few weeks and have kept away from weights and Astro surfaces, it's helped a lot.

Slipped disc? Takes you back doesn't it? It's almost comforting to know it's still around.
    Bet it's painful though.