hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Frank should have stepped aside but regardless he will win again.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Power for me.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    tempted to vote for FD again to keep the continuity, although i've jokingly pointed out in the past that he didn't post on here when he said he would there's probably no real point in him doing so when tracey does that side of things,at least this time he's admitting he's just not into the internet, Duncan Smith makes a good suggestion of having a sub-section on here and the bounce dealing directly with any fan-related stuff, well done all the candidates though. so FD or Duncan for me

the mild mannered janitor Last Minute's Avatar
    Frank should do the right thing and step aside. He has had his time over and over and its only fair to let new blood come in and take a turn with new ideas. KP for me on this one.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is a perfect example of why Frank will probably get voted in again. Many will think the same way as he’s a very well known likeable guy.

Exactly this, sycophantic, selfish nonsense

Frank is delusional in claiming her personally speaks to thousands of Hibs fans. He's also a proven liar who used accessibility claims to be elected last time, then disappeared into the relative safety of the Wsst Stand.

His legacy will be banging hisbfist off a table demanding podcasters drop the EBT Review plans. He endorsed cheating.

We were recently told Frank would not be eleigible for the role again, and now he is, and tbat's why this voting procudure is about as genuine as English Tories looking after Scottish independence postal votes.

It's a fix.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by STB Hibs View Post

Frank is delusional in claiming her personally speaks to thousands of Hibs fans. He's also a proven liar who used accessibility claims to be elected last time, then disappeared into the relative safety of the Wsst Stand.

His legacy will be banging hisbfist off a table demanding podcasters drop the EBT Review plans. He endorsed cheating.

We were recently told Frank would not be eleigible for the role again, and now he is, and tbat's why this voting procudure is about as genuine as English Tories looking after Scottish independence postal votes.

It's a fix.
    So are you voting for Frank or not?

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    tempted to vote for FD again to keep the continuity, although i've jokingly pointed out in the past that he didn't post on here when he said he would there's probably no real point in him doing so when tracey does that side of things,at least this time he's admitting he's just not into the internet, Duncan Smith makes a good suggestion of having a sub-section on here and the bounce dealing directly with any fan-related stuff, well done all the candidates though. so FD or Duncan for me
    Tracey's contribution here is sporadic also. Actually my gripe is not really about being on here. What they dont do IMO is make any effort to gather input from a wide variety of sources and then to keep us updated on what they take to the board and what the outcome is when it can be shared.

They think they do this by working together meetings but these are poorly advertised and the outcome never shared.

Until they start to engage and communicate the role is a waste of time IMO. Maybe the role is as it is because of Frank and if he is replaced we might see the role being done better

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Tracey's contribution here is sporadic also. Actually my gripe is not really about being on here. What they dont do IMO is make any effort to gather input from a wide variety of sources and then to keep us updated on what they take to the board and what the outcome is when it can be shared.

They think they do this by working together meetings but these are poorly advertised and the outcome never shared.

Until they start to engage and communicate the role is a waste of time IMO. Maybe the role is as it is because of Frank and if he is replaced we might see the role being done better
    The role was never really fully defined, and in defence of Frank, being the first one elected, he basically did what he thought was required.

It wasn’t as if there was an instruction manual to follow.

He probably doesn’t understand the criticism of him about lack of communication, because he is only doing what comes naturally to him.
    Having said that, it probably reinforces the case as to why new blood is needed...... so that we embark on a ‘continuous improvement’ exercise, as opposed to Frank’s......’ I’ve always done it this way, and I’m not changing it’ approach.

Waste of time. Frank will get in. And nothing will change. I’ve voted for DS in the hope I’m wrong

Small update from my myself;

Following on from behind the goals ‘meet the fans rep opportunity’ on Saturday past - I’ll be available in Leith establishments on Friday to chat about Hibs or allow you to ken me a bit more over a beer.
    Happy to discuss what my ideas are for the ongoing communication cycle I’m thinking, plus hear your ideas.
    I’ll do the same the following Saturday in other ‘well kent’ places.

Robbies around 4:30
    Iona around 5:15
    Four in Hand around 6
    and Hibs SA Club from 6:30

KP

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    Small update from my myself;

Following on from behind the goals ‘meet the fans rep opportunity’ on Saturday past - I’ll be available in Leith establishments on Friday to chat about Hibs or allow you to ken me a bit more over a beer.
    Happy to discuss what my ideas are for the ongoing communication cycle I’m thinking, plus hear your ideas.
    I’ll do the same the following Saturday in other ‘well kent’ places.

Robbies around 4:30
    Iona around 5:15
    Four in Hand around 6
    and Hibs SA Club from 6:30

KP
    You’ve given yourself 30 mins to get served in the Four and quaff it to be at the club in time so I imagine the chat is brief

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    You’ve given yourself 30 mins to get served in the Four and quaff it to be at the club in time so I imagine the chat is brief
    True, true. Brother works behind the bar there (not to be mistaken for me!).

I’ll likely visit the Four, Tamsons and Harp after.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    Tracey’s there for the continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Helps when his brother works behind the bar... although I treat everyone equally 😅

Quote Originally Posted by STB Hibs View Post

It's a fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post
    So are you voting for Frank or not?
    the auld yins are the best. Classsssic!!!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    True, true. Brother works behind the bar there (not to be mistaken for me!).

I’ll likely visit the Four, Tamsons and Harp after.
    When you poshing it up over at the Salisbury Arms mate? 😉 good luck mate you would do a brilliant job.

Just voted for Kieran Power based on video interviews and initial statement.
    Can’t understand why anyone would vote for FD again after the ‘move on’ statement but maybe that’s just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Voted for kp hope he wins great guy but would be happy if anyone but fd won to be honest. He's a great hibs man but it should be a treat getting free travel to Europe and in to directors boxes around Scotland you've had your shot move on its embarrassing

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    ‘coz Frank feels he still has a lot to offer?

He just forgot to mention what it is he offers other than feeing privileged!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    Voted for kp hope he wins great guy but would be happy if anyone but fd won to be honest. He's a great hibs man but it should be a treat getting free travel to Europe and in to directors boxes around Scotland you've had your shot move on its embarrassing
    Frank nor Tracey sit in Directors boxes in Scotland, sit in the away end with the rest of the Hibs supporters
    Think it was a previous Fans Director who didn’t sit with the fans

I voted for Frank last time. My reasoning was little more than when I queued overnight for tickets for Tynecastle he was there from early doors organising hot drinks and distributing vouchers. I had intended not to vote but that swung it.

I agree with others that he should have stepped aside this time. Hopefully after this election there is a limit put on how many terms anyone can serve; having the same body in post for 6 years isn't right imo. If there is a feeling of 'unfinished business' then surely the club and individual can come to an arrangement for any work to be completed in a different role. On the flip side of all the statements he seems the most aware of the limitations of the role and the inability to communicate as openly as some fans want. Anyone can promise X, Y or Z; actually delivering it is the hard part and Frank at least makes an acknowledgment of that fact.

I'll have another look over the statements but I'm leaning towards Duncan Smith. His statement reads as pretty pragmatic without hinting at 'running down' other candidates. I still think the whole idea needs a radical overhaul as the current set up doesn't appear to be satisfying anybody.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Frank nor Tracey sit in Directors boxes in Scotland, sit in the away end with the rest of the Hibs supporters
    Think it was a previous Fans Director who didn’t sit with the fans
    But they have done it had the opportunity which must be an amazing opportunity. They weren't to be seen in Iceland, well you could see them through the glass having there meal added in to this free travel, it really should be 1 term each new person each year

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    But they have done it had the opportunity which must be an amazing opportunity. They weren't to be seen in Iceland, well you could see them through the glass having there meal added in to this free travel, it really should be 1 term each new person each year
    Iceland?

I should hope not.

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Farmfoods is what I heard.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    I hope that the other candidates who don't get picked will still be looking to involve themselves with the club through the Working Together groups. They all talk about having time and energy to give to the club should they be chosen to be the fans rep but if not selected thatcdoesnt need to be the end of it, there's plenty opportunities for each of the candidates to still be involved in carrying the club forward behind the scenes.

I’m obviously completely missing something but are there not 2 winners or is Tracy staying on?

Kieran Power or Duncan Smith for me.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Up The Bracket View Post
    I’m obviously completely missing something but are there not 2 winners or is Tracy staying on?

yes

Quote Originally Posted by Up The Bracket View Post

You can only vote for 1 as Tracey staying on
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As none of the incumbents of the role since inception have achieved anything other than the odd goodwill visit, I still think its a total waste of time and wont be voting.

The whole idea germinated at a time when the board were getting pelters and needed to be seen to throw the dog a bone and this was their bone.

We don't need popularity contest winners on the board, what we need are people identified and recruited for their specific skill sets to fulfil a gap identified.

I still wish they would scrap the whole idea.

We will soon enough have a HSL director on the board by right and I am nervous that having too many non professional directors on the board will muddy the decision making process and cause discord.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    1000 votes cast to date, and with this thread slipping down to page four it looks like it’s all went a bit quiet. Still two weeks left to vote.