hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Support tonight

First Team Breakthrough

Support tonight

Another outstanding turnout from the fans tonight! The singing section has to return to the East stand next season, they never stopped all night

GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

Said it all season if the problem is hibs don’t want them close to the away stand , fire them in the end section of the east at the front or back. Famous five is clearly not working/worked.

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Said it all season if the problem is hibs don’t want them close to the away stand , fire them in the end section of the east at the front or back. Famous five is clearly not working/worked.
    It was a terrible idea to put them there. A huge chunk of the fans in the east stand can't even see them. We should be right in the faces of the away fans at every opportunity.

Singing section wanted to move the the FF and pushed Hibs for it I believe

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1two View Post
    Singing section wanted to move the the FF and pushed Hibs for it I believe
    You sure? I can't see why they would want to be as far away from the away fans as possible, makes no real sense. Perhaps the idea was to spread the singing around all of the home fans. But when the closest half of the east stand can't even see them, then it defeats the purpose and the west.... well they're just boring bassas regardless.

Campaign to get them back. We are being drowned out in our main stand.

#bringthemhome #s43

I would the Famous Five Lower to be converted into safe standing and really hope that can happen some day. Was at the back of their block tonight and they kept things going even at one nil down. Unrelated, police and stewards earning their play by being dicks again tonight. No bigger crimes in Perthshire tonight than a group of boys standing and supporting their team without any of the sectarianism or terrorist songs you hear when the Old Firm come to town?

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam6270 View Post
    Another outstanding turnout from the fans tonight! The singing section has to return to the East stand next season, they never stopped all night

GGTTH
    Was the gadgey there signing one Neil Lennon and arguing with everyone about freedom of speech?

Back of S43 where they used to be, the front of the East wasn’t great either.

Left by mutual consent!
    Did he look a bit like Long Haired Spanish boy who maybe played for Dundee?

Fans were trememdous tonight 👍

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    thats class

Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    Fans were trememdous tonight
    Just back atmosphere was class tonight even when we were 1 down. Get the singing section back to the East pronto pls

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    Campaign to get them back. We are being drowned out in our main stand.

#bringthemhome #s43
    Do they want to move back. If they do then we should all support that to make it happen.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Support was really good tonight, especially in the last few minutes when the team needed some help from the stands.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Does anyone know what the new song is?
    it was sung a quite a few times but i couldnt make out the lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by jimhfc1 View Post
    Does anyone know what the new song is?
    it was sung a quite a few times but i couldnt make out the lyrics
    The Waterfall one?

Hecky’s at the wheel
    Tell me how good does it feel
    We’ve got Horgan and Mallan and Gray
    Flo Kamberi and Mark McNul-tay
    Der der der der der der etc etc

Absolutely amazing support tonight.

Team were really poor for 60 minutes but those singing section boys kept the mood positive and the rest of the support got involved when the team needed the extra backing. I was in the side section and the scenes when we scored and at the end looked absolutely brilliant. Great when a huge majority stayed for the players at the end and to be fair they deserved it for sheer effort.

Makes you realise that fans definitely can make a difference at times.

@hibs.net private member Monktonhall 7's Avatar
    Brilliant turnout tonight The Young Team were fantastic. Never stopped supporting the team all night. The version of the Waterfall song was inspiring, and the way the players reacted at the end showed ho much the support meant to them. Massive 👏👏👏 to the drummer.

What a weird thread. Praising the support last night then going straight on to the "they should be in the East" patter.

They have the same problem in the FF as they did in the East. Hardly anyone around them sings. In the current section, it's literally the first 3 or 4 rows singing. If the couple of hundred people that bought tickets in the "singing section" actually sung, then we would never be having this debate.

The whole support was good last night, after we equalised, but before then it was just about 20 folk singing.

Quote Originally Posted by wearethehibs View Post
    What a weird thread. Praising the support last night then going straight on to the "they should be in the East" patter.

They have the same problem in the FF as they did in the East. Hardly anyone around them sings. In the current section, it's literally the first 3 or 4 rows singing. If the couple of hundred people that bought tickets in the "singing section" actually sung, then we would never be having this debate.

The whole support was good last night, after we equalised, but before then it was just about 20 folk singing.

I sit right behind the singing section in FF and other than me, my mates and a handful of other regulars, it's always tourists or folk who come once and never come back who are sat there, find it bizarre that more folk don't want to sit in the part of the ground with the most noise/atmosphere.

Don’t think a Hibs goal away to St Johnstone has ever been celebrated quite like the winner last night. Quality.

Quote Originally Posted by wearethehibs View Post

Agreed, I understand why people don’t want to necessarily be part of the bouncing and clapping, and even sitting down to an extent, but to not sing? Each to their own, but I’d be bored stiff if I didn’t sing at a Hibs game.

Did anybody else notice the bald boy in the stand to the left of us shouting over and acting the hard man? Hope he enjoyed that late goal fae mcnulty, roaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    Great video and easier to pick up for those who don’t know it yet.

Good to get another new song.

Fans were amazing last night - well done everyone.

The club should be exploring options to have the section in a bette relocation at home - I like the displays but famous five lower is way forward. But doubt this change will happen any time soon if ST info is due to be released soon.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    The Waterfall one?

Hecky’s at the wheel
    Tell me how good does it feel
    We’ve got Horgan and Mallan and Gray
    Flo Kamberi and Mark McNul-tay
    Der der der der der der etc etc
    On the way back from Perth last night my teenage kids were telling me that it's a tune by a "great new band" called the stone roses. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Hibee View Post
    On the way back from Perth last night my teenage kids were telling me that it's a tune by a "great new band" called the stone roses. Sigh.
    Haha! Hear they’re destined for big things.

Might be impossible to move them back, it would require ST holders in the area to give up their seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    Might be impossible to move them back, it would require ST holders in the area to give up their seats.
    I think though Hibs could solve 3 issues..

1 - family section needs more seats for family = west lower
    2 - family section often has empty seats during Cat B and sold out Cat A games.
    3 - fans want ER to have atmosphere and the famous five lower would be best place for it plus you could have some safe standing in middle sections without spending excessive amounts.

Of course it would be a challenge to relocate some people who have sat there forever but they can have option to stay in that section or move to side view of the pitch.